• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Bell Tree Direct - 9.8.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Spring Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
e27VfnP.png

Good evening everyone! Usually we do these in the mornings, but hell with that, it's Justin here with the 5th instalment of our Bell Tree Direct series! For those new to the forum, or who missed the previous instalments, Bell Tree Direct is our series to announce the latest happenings around TBT and new additions to the site. The Shop is typically restocked as well.

Here's what we've got to share today...

We're doing a... podcast? What?!

It was a stormy night inside the TBT Tower where all the staff members got together to discuss upcoming projects. Amongst the discussion of how to find a way to delay the next shop restock, a brave Justin suggested a new idea. "Would... would anyone actually want to listen to a bunch of idiots talk for an hour?" he proposed. No, probably not, they all said. But it still happened. Why? We don't know.

Listen to our debut episode of the Bell Tree Podcast below if you want to listen to a selection of TBT staff talk about video games and TBT for an hour. Don't say we didn't warn you. It's our first time trying this out, so please bare our awkwardness for the first 15 minutes or so. It picks up pretty well after that.

Stream it on YouTube here:

You can also download the podcast MP3 directly for listening on your phone or other music player by clicking here.

Cast: Justin, Gandalf (Ben), Jeremy, Prof Gallows (Curtis), Kaiaa (REDACTED), Tina

Topics & Timestamps:
Introduction - :30
New Nintendo 3DS Models - 1:10
Amiibo Figures - 9:30
More on New Nintendo 3DS Models - 12:25
Club Nintendo Smash Bros. Soundtrack Offer - 21:10
Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U - 22:20
Mario Kart 8 - 27:45
Miyamoto on Casual Gamers - 37:20
Splatoon - 38:50
Hyrule Warriors - 42:57
TBT Beach Party Contest Winners + Surprise - 49:15
TBT Podcast - 55:10
Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright - 56:43
Ask The Staff: Podcast Edition & Closing - 58:35

Editor's Note: This episode was recorded on the Labor Day weekend.

Please leave any feedback on the show in its separate thread located here:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?222873-The-Bell-Tree-Podcast-Episode-1-September

We're also accepting Ask the Staff questions for future episodes in this thread located here:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?222885-Ask-the-Staff-Podcast-Edition

TBT Beach Party 2014 Winners!

This summer we hosted the first TBT Beach Party consisting of two new categories of contests we've never done before. We were blown away by the amount of participation on these. The voting for both contests have ended, and we've got the results right here! (you can also listen to the winners being announced on the podcast)

XVzwFMx.png

In the Sandcastle Creation contest, members were challenged to create their own "sandcastle" inside out of the daily objects you find around your home. Here are the winners:

1st Place: Oblivia with 180 votes!

ZJsPa2c.jpg

2nd Place: LaurinaMN with 78 votes!

14824868090_89d352e6af_z.jpg

3rd Place: Juudai with 56 votes!

15011086482_9b6010e04f_o.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered and congratulations to our winners. Each winner will receive five TBT stickers, their corresponding trophy collectible, and 400, 250, or 150 TBT Bells.

IH7I7db.png

In the Collectible Creation contest, members were challenged to create their very own summer themed collectible icon for a chance to have their art and idea featured in our Shop as a real collectible. Here are the winners:

1st Place: Witch with 99 votes!

GU8SvQq.png

2nd Place: Lassy with 98 votes!

Gsc6VHi.png

3rd Place: cc-aitlin with 69 votes!

pEN1KWs.png

Thanks to everyone who entered and congratulations to our winners. Each winner will receive five TBT stickers, the winning collectible, and 300, 200, or 100 TBT Bells.

ZcU2jsw.png

For both contests, collectibles and TBT Bells will be awarded later today or tomorrow. Winners who wish to receive their stickers, please contact Jeremy via private message with your mailing address.

And a special thank you to moderator Kaiaa for doing the bulk of the work to put this quick summer event together! In fact, if you listen to the Bell Tree Podcast, you'll even be able to catch her announcing the winners herself. Plus, you get that adorable voice.

Two New Summer Collectibles in the Shop

SURPRISE!

Since we loved both of them so much, and the votes were SO close... We're releasing BOTH the 1st AND 2nd place TBT Beach Party collectibles in the Shop today. Join us in closing out the summer and welcoming in the fall by purchasing these summer collectibles for a limited time.

9fEYVEf.png
4vDsjHj.png

Stock Information: 150 of each collectible is currently available in the Shop right now to start. Another 350 will be released throughout the next week in batches. JK, restocked another 150 right now. After the week ends, the pair of collectibles will be taken out of the Shop and put in the Disney Vault until further notice.

Monthly Birthstones HD Remastered Remix Game of the Year Edition

As previously announced, the full set of Monthly Birthstone collectibles will be returning to the Shop over the course of the next year. Now's your chance to pick up September's birthstone if you missed out on it last year, it's back in the Shop RIGHT NOW. PLUS, we're offering it at a special reintroduction discount of just 199 Bells until 9/12 to encourage new collectors to start their collection. Grab it! It's my birthday stone!!!
CkxURQj.png

User Profile Visual Makeover

Last night, we soft launched a visual makeover to the user profiles on TBT during a short downtime. It's officially live now, so if you already saw it, congrats. :) Previously, the profile design was a simple transparent overlay of the forum background. In today's update, the profile has its own styles which match the design of the entire forum.

We think it's a nice improvement and we'll be looking into the possibility of other visual tweaks across the forum. Check it out yourself by heading to your own profile, or any other user profile. And be sure to let us know of any feedback you might have in this thread.

Please note: We will be making additional small tweaks to the profiles in the next week. There's actually already been one since these screenshots were taken. Also, check out those super rad comments by some super rad people in the screenshots below.

OLD LOOK
VrMXLTj.png

NEW LOOK
GjvMnFt.png

Here's another visual tweak to the forums: You will now find small avatars displayed next to a user's name on the board display pages. Using these avatars, you can identify the latest poster even easier at a glance. This feature is now live in all boards, so check it out yourself by heading to any board on TBT! Like it? Hate it? Let us know!​

This feature has been disabled for the moment due to some issues we did not foresee in our test environment.

c4hqOcy.png

RESTOCK!!!

It's happening! Check out a substantial restock of Cherry and Peach fruits in the Shop right now. Some other items are also stocked.

TBT Undercover

Have you ever wanted to browse TBT discreetly from your workplace or school, but were bothered by the large and colourful images everywhere? Don't want your peers to know you're visiting an Animal Crossing forum while you should be working? Check out the new TBT Undercover theme in the theme selector at the bottom of the forum! The banner, styles, signature, avatars, and collectibles are all removed in this theme. Say goodbye to productivity.

This theme was inspired by Jeremy trying to play Mafia at work. Godspeed.

o8POE92.png

3,750,000 Posts!

Another post count update for everyone today! We've just passed 3,750,000 total posts on TBT, after just hitting 3 million earlier in the year. We've ran the calculations and over the course of the three summer months of June/July/August, TBT members made a total of 637,899 posts! That's phenomenal. Click here to redeem a promotional code for 50 free Bells to the first 100 clicks. Go on and spend those towards one of our new shiny Beach Party collectibles.

Thaaaaaat's all folks!

Thanks for joining us on today's Bell Tree Direct! That's about all we have to share for today, but rest assured we're always working on future projects. Look forward to the triumphant return of The Bell Tree Fair later in the winter to celebrate TBT's 10th anniversary. We'll have more information on that soon.

As always, be sure to let us know what you think about the announcements today by posting below.

Jeremy playing mafia at work. Shaaame.

Got the collectibles ~swiggity swag~

I love the small details with the profile

Small thing. The Popsicle is called the "Popsicle (TBT Peach Party)" dunno if that's intentional because of the peach restock

I like the avatar in boards.

oh podcast. ok. i'l comment when I watch hear it

Last edited:
Grr lag, I missed out on some of the restocks :( well I got a Popsicle ^^

I got the の!

and the rest of the other letters

also got one collectible I added but meant to delete but I guess lag was too slow for me and it purchased so

maybe sell it later if value goes up, or just keep idk

Last edited:
Wow I got all the collectables I wanted even with slow internet and withdrawing bells

If my internet wasn't so slow I could've nabbed some more collectibles maybe. I was watching the clock for so long for the restock. But nice little updates c:

I was wondering why my profile looked different. I grabbed the new collectables (they look great!).
TBT undercover looks pretty cool. Wish my laptop wasn't a bunch of junk, I would actually use it at school >_>

Also, nice KH reference re: the birthstones.

I had the collectibles in my cart and as soon as I hit confirm purchase they disappeared. Nice

Also, guys, for me the avatars for latest posts aren't showing up properly.

For example, next to my username in the selfie thread, Bambi's avatar shows up lol. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back