• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Metroid apprecation thread!!!

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Discuss anything and/or everything related to the Metroid franchise. Favorite games, weapons, etc. I'll start off by saying I'm REALLY looking forward to a new entry into the franchise on the Switch! C'mon Nintendo! Get your butts in gear.

I really love Metroid! I've managed to play and beat every main game except 2, but I've gone through Samus Returns so I don't think I'm missing much there.
My favorite 2D Metroid is Super (does well at nearly everything like environments, music, items, etc. and randomizers for it are FANTASTIC!), and my favorite 3D one is Prime 3 (the game on Hypermode difficulty is definitely a challenge and beating that is one of my proudest game-related achievements, plus it's nice seeing other characters get a bit of attention. Also I loved how the gunship was an actual tool instead of just a glorified save point like it is in every other game). I couldn't choose a favorite between those 2 though, both are extremely different and idk how to compare them.
Honestly though, all of the games are great! Including... Other M. I finally got around to playing it this year, but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Of course it is still the weakest game in the series, but it isn't unplayable shovelware either.

Also Prime 4's development is on-hold as Nintendo is busy manufacturing Metroid Socks currently, please understand.
IMG20180629004122026_1200x1200.jpg

^That's friggin' awesome! I wish I had some Metroid socks...but yeah I agree w/ you on Other M; it really ISN'T that bad of a game! I actually quite like it! My favorite games in the series would have to be....almost all of them! I'm just that much of a Metroid nut!!:)

Last edited:
I remember me and my brother playing Super Metroid back when it came out and we loved the creepy music and just how well the sprites looked for a Snes game. it was a hard game and I think we used a magazine guide to beat it back then.

When the N64 came out there was rumors of a Metroid 64 or 3D game for it, but it never came to be. We were hyped though. I later found out a rumor that the Jet Force Gemini team were approached or were thought in mind to make a 3D Metroid game. Ultimately, This never came to be because Nintendo didnt like the 3rd person camera in JFG.

Skip ahead a few years to Spaceworld 2000 and Nintendo showed a awesome fmv tech video to show of a new Metroid game. I still remember the years from 2000 to 2001 when Metroid Prime had a rocky development cycle. Some game magazines started to doubt Retro and I remember EGM saying that Gunvalkyrie for the Xbox looked closer to a Metroid game than Prime lol but the rest is history.

I still think the Metroid Prime trilogy hold up well nowadays. Maybe a good HD remaster could really benefit the series before a sequel.

Last edited:
^Yeah I agree w/ that! Would love to see an HD remaster trilogy for the Switch! I'd buy that **** in a heartbeat!

I only recall ever playing the NES one and Super Metroid on the SNES, but alas both good games. Not my favorite genre but sure cool games.

I love the 2D Metriods, Super Meyroid snd onward (don’t like the first game).
My favorite is Metriod Fusion for GBA.
I’ve only played one FPS Metroid and thst was Metroid prime for the DS. I found the single player dreadfully boring but the multiplayer was the highlight of that game, really fun stuff.

I expect an HD collection of the Prime series to release on Switch and I plan on checking those out before Prime 4.
I have a feeling Prime 4 is gonna blow us all away, can’t wait :D

I absolutely love Metroid. However, I wasn't always a fan. The original Metroid on the NES was never a game I liked much growing up and I barely played Metroid II on the Game Boy. I liked Super Metroid but it wasn't until the late 90's that I really started to discover how amazing that game was. I could honestly go on for hours about Super Metroid.

Super hyped for Metroid Prime 4! I hope Nintendo will release a Prime Collection soon because I need to play Prime 3 before 4 drops (I took a hiatus from modern gaming and missed out on the ones on the Wii).

hell yeah the new Metroid Dread trailer looks sick. that slide tho. Also the game looks smooth 60fps to which is good for playing in handheld and laying in the couch lol

Back