• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the fact that my parents are so right-leaning (and the fact that I have so many personal things to focus on) has made it difficult for me to follow along with both sides of the story. I do agree that he's used social media quite immaturely and that some of the claims he makes are outrageous. I'm interested in seeing how everything plays out after this, but chances are because I'm honestly so far behind regarding politics (plus ADD mind yay) I still won't be able to follow along with it.

Last edited:
Although I do support impeachment for acts of corruption, the current system is for high crimes and misdemeanors, neither of which Trump did. But the real reason why they impeached him was to weaken his chances of re-election so they can have power. It’s not about removing bad people from power. It’s all about gaining power.

Truthfully, the Democrats have been evil. They suppressed the power of the minority in the House (Congress 116), won’t let Republican votes make it to the Senate floor (Congress 113), nuked the filibuster for lower court picks (Congress 113) to get Obama appointees through, and they abused the power of impeachment. This is all done for power. But when the Republicans get the advantage, the Democrats throw hissy fits and act like children because the tides turned against them. The Republicans nuked the filibuster for Supreme Court picks because the Democrats nuked it for lower court picks. Accusing someone of sexual assault at the last minute is an abysmal way of handling the consequences of your actions. In fact, they lost seats in the Senate because of this. They also say that Voter ID laws are racist, but they rely on voter fraud and smearing people to get in power, to enforce very unpopular ideas.

The next election is going to be pretty brutal. Not only Trump is running for re-election, but Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham are also running for re-election for senatorship for Kentucky and South Carolina (respectively). Both guys are much nastier than Donald Trump.

Last edited:
My mom told me that democrats will destroy the country. I told her that it's actually the severe level of political polarization. It really scares me.

The good thing about Trump getting impeached is that it sends a message that not even the president is above the law.

The bad thing is that it will make everything even more polarized.

The good thing about Trump getting impeached is that it sends a message that not even the president is above the law.

The bad thing is that it will make everything even more polarized.

True, but honestly a lot of rep people there are just as bad so.. shrugs. Who knows.

@sm64 i honestly don't know ur parents but they seem pretty wack opinionated so stay away from them and form your own mind abt it.

@sm64 i honestly don't know ur parents but they seem pretty wack opinionated so stay away from them and form your own mind abt it.

Yeah you wouldn't believe how often my dad has tried to get me to conform to right-wing propaganda. In more situations than this I'm inclined to believe that he thinks I don't have a mind of my own. I stopped paying attention to what they spew regarding politics a long time ago.

Last edited:
Yeah you wouldn't believe how often my dad has tried to get me to conform to right-wing propaganda. In more situations than this I'm inclined to believe that he thinks I don't have a mind of my own. I stopped paying attention to what they spew regarding politics a long time ago.

Yeah, good but what I meant was that before you feel anxious or stuff you should read up on more neutral (or what he would call them, left-wing) media to get your own. Sure it might polarize in whatever direction but ngl Trump is basically that "distrust party" because they don't bother seeing what democrats/left people do.

I just thought of a silly Corrupted Wish scenario.

Person 1: I wish the next US president is female.
Person 2: Granted! Ann Coulter has won the 2024 presidential election.

I want the next president to be Oprah don't @ me.

I don't normally like talking about politics (I also don't understand alot of it so y'alls will have to use dumm dumm terms with me) but, if impeachment is only a bad mark and not removal, what is the point? What's one more black mark on an already stained record? Did Trump actually pay for his crimes? No. All he got was an impeached title that is going to do absolutely nothing for next year. He is still running the country and he is still in power. Russia will still make him win. He hasn't paid for his actions, and that just means he'll get away with it again. He'll get re-eleceted next year and the whole fiasco will pick up right where it left off.

I want the next president to be Oprah don't @ me.

I don't normally like talking about politics (I also don't understand alot of it so y'alls will have to use dumm dumm terms with me) but, if impeachment is only a bad mark and not removal, what is the point? What's one more black mark on an already stained record? Did Trump actually pay for his crimes? No. All he got was an impeached title that is going to do absolutely nothing for next year. He is still running the country and he is still in power. Russia will still make him win. He hasn't paid for his actions, and that just means he'll get away with it again. He'll get re-eleceted next year and the whole fiasco will pick up right where it left off.

Giant meteor 2020.

Who will I support next year? I certainly don’t agree with Trump on some issues.

- He wants to overturn Roe v Wade. I’m no longer interested into overturning it now. Instead, I would prefer an abortion abolition amendment (just like the 13th amendment). It should still be legal in serious cases.
- He wants to repeal and replace Obamacare. How about repeal Obamacare and don’t replace it...for 100 years?
- He wants to build a wall across the US-Mexican border. I prefer California’s Prop 187. Plus, it’s not as radical as a border wall.
- He originally wanted to deport all illegal immigrants. I’m more interested into deporting SJWs, communists, and hate groups from both sides (even if they are American citizens).

While I will never preach intolerance at all, I have shifted further right. Liberals have bullied conservatives for far too long and have gone even leftward. Republicans have gotten increasingly moderate to stay in touch with the new generations, but the Democrats have gone far too left to the point where Republicans can’t continue any further.

Who will I support next year? I certainly don’t agree with Trump on some issues.

- He wants to overturn Roe v Wade. I’m no longer interested into overturning it now. Instead, I would prefer an abortion abolition amendment (just like the 13th amendment). It should still be legal in serious cases.
- He wants to repeal and replace Obamacare. How about repeal Obamacare and don’t replace it...for 100 years?
- He wants to build a wall across the US-Mexican border. I prefer California’s Prop 187. Plus, it’s not as radical as a border wall.
- He originally wanted to deport all illegal immigrants. I’m more interested into deporting SJWs, communists, and hate groups from both sides (even if they are American citizens).

While I will never preach intolerance at all, I have shifted further right. Liberals have bullied conservatives for far too long and have gone even leftward. Republicans have gotten increasingly moderate to stay in touch with the new generations, but the Democrats have gone far too left to the point where Republicans can’t continue any further.

You want to deport people based on their beliefs/ideology? Sounds pretty fascist to me.

You want to deport people based on their beliefs/ideology? Sounds pretty fascist to me.

Yeah. Also why are everyone so against Obamacare and that abortion needs to illegal in most cases... Like freedom to choose if you wanna die I guess o__o

Yeah, that sounds like a tyrannical idea, and there is no defending tyranny. However, it’s also worth mentioning that the groups of people I would rather deport are also anti-American, not because of their beliefs, but rather because they hate America. They always bring up how bad America was in the past and refuse to show respect towards the United States for that and the fact that they voted for Donald Trump and George W Bush, but they remain silent or get offended when somebody brings up how bad China, Venezuela, and Cuba are when they done worse than America has. If they don’t like America, why live in America? Right-wing hate groups are also as bad when it comes to hatred towards America. The Westboro Baptist Church picketed funerals of soldiers and celebrities because they are American, and they hate America because of their tolerance towards LGBT people.

And if I truly support deporting people based on ideologies, I wouldn’t do it to all liberals (not even mainstream liberals). Just the radical left, the bigots, and the hypocrites.

You realize that is a lot of right wing people too right.

And also the US is/was bad as well so I don't think whoever you are referring to are that wrong, lol.

That is true too. I even said that “everything wrong about Nazi Germany is true about the key Allies during WWII”, citing that the United States had systematic racism at the time, before, and after. But what bothers me is that the SJWs that hate America because of that defend Cuba, China, and Venezuela to the point where they take offense when opponents point out the facts about how bad they are.

And there are some right winged beliefs based on today’s issues I agree that nobody should have. For abortion, I wouldn’t go as far as supporting the death penalty. Yeah, I do believe abortion is murder, but abortion isn’t first-degree or second-degree murder (the two types of murder deserving the death penalty). For repealing Obamacare, I would never support repealing Medicaid or Medicare. But most of the political extremes I hear about today come from the left.

Guys I have a problem that I need help with.

So I have an online friend whom I've known for almost three years, and for Christmas I have a gift I want to send to him. I have a pretty decently sized box that I'd like to ship through USPS, but I've never shipped boxes through them before so I have no clue what the process is regarding getting a shipping label and all that.

I'm afraid to ask my mom about it because, despite the fact that I've known my friend since 2017 I've never told my mom about it because she's paranoid about me talking to people online (though at this point I think if he was faking I would know) so I want her help with shipping this but I'm sure she's gonna wonder to whom and I just don't know how to deal with that.

So the big thing I need help with is, how to go about telling my mom that I have an online friend in another state without her being super paranoid? He's like one of my closest friends rn so if I could just get that across to her then maybe it would be okay....

Last edited:
Seriously, why does everybody hate Pok?mon Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? I looked at many lists of best to worst Pok?mon generations, and on most of them, Gen VII lands at the bottom of the list (and it’s not including Pok?mon Let’s Go when ranking the generations). Is Gen VII really the worst Pok?mon generation ever existed? Is it as bad as Jar Jar Binks?

If it’s because of the “handholding”, they haven’t gotten any better in Sword/Shield. Type effectiveness in move information still exists, and there are still objective markers.

^^^Idk, my friend just bought me a copy of Ultra Moon and I'm actually pretty hyped to play it. I think maybe in terms of gameplay and "hand holding" it's kinda meh, but I love a lot of Gen 7 Pokemon and ultimately that's what I'm most interested in.

Guys I have a problem that I need help with.

So I have an online friend whom I've known for almost three years, and for Christmas I have a gift I want to send to him. I have a pretty decently sized box that I'd like to ship through USPS, but I've never shipped boxes through them before so I have no clue what the process is regarding getting a shipping label and all that.

I'm afraid to ask my mom about it because, despite the fact that I've known my friend since 2017 I've never told my mom about it because she's paranoid about me talking to people online (though at this point I think if he was faking I would know) so I want her help with shipping this but I'm sure she's gonna wonder to whom and I just don't know how to deal with that.

So the big thing I need help with is, how to go about telling my mom that I have an online friend in another state without her being super paranoid? He's like one of my closest friends rn so if I could just get that across to her then maybe it would be okay....

Honestly, I have no idea. My parents have no idea I use tbt or talk to people online (tumblr and twitter as well), and I'm sure they would freak even thou 1 I am an adult 2 I can do what I want because I'm not like sending money to randos and 3 I watch what I say.

In all reality we can't control how people react to things we tell them, no matter how logical or fine the situation is.

If sending the package is an issue, I think UPS has instructions and all that jazz on how to send things on their website. I would be careful with UPS thou, they've sent my package from Amazon to the complete wrong state and called it done. I had to contact the company I bought the merch from to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back