• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Ah! I didn't know it was on CF ^^ (never played it) If that's the case, then I'm sure they will add it!

Its been confirmed that

you can change Outer walls, Fances & Mail posts of your house.
Tom nook is now a real estate agent.
There's going to be a mall.
The devs call the secretary "shizu" which is the golden dog.
The town size is bigger.

This is amazing!. I wonder whats sold in the mall (other then furniture & clothes)

Its been confirmed that

you can change Outer walls, Fances & Mail posts of your house.
Tom nook is now a real estate agent.
There's going to be a mall.
The devs call the secretary "shizu" which is the golden dog.
The town size is bigger.

This is amazing!. I wonder whats sold in the mall (other then furniture & clothes)

Source?

Compiled a bunch of notes from the above video for you all:i

- You are the mayor but you don't have to play that aspect of the game much. You can sort of ignore it if you want.
- Expanded clothing options (ex: shirts and pants because the characters are taller)
QkkIx.png

- BOYS CAN WEAR SKIRTS! I'm so doing that
- You can customize your town more freely (ex: customizable outside furniture like benches and streetlights)
- The beach is greatly expanded
- The railroad is back from the Gamecube game
- There's a shopping mall (so... they've basically incorporated ideas from the city into the main town)
- The villagers height has been modified too. You can really tell the difference between a tall and short villager.
Ltp64.png

- You now have a secretary "Shizu" who's sort of your assistant since you're the mayor now
yrxGp.png

- You can take your furniture to shops to be modified
- Stuff like changing patterns (ex: sofa cushions with a heart on them)
- Before you could change the roof colour but those options have been expanded to walls, fences and even mail posts
- Exchange your home design using Streetpass to be displayed as a model home to others
- You can view houses of strangers now through Tom Nook
- He's now a real estate agent instead of a shopkeeper!
IiXxL.png

- Lots of new music
- The entire village overall is larger
- The sound director plays a new song from the game for us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HIlN9bnj0&t=9m2s)
- The game's release is still a while away

Last edited:
Nice! I like how I can finally understand whats going on in the video lol I really like the idea of trading home ideas thru streetpass, it will give me some great ideas for my own house too! Also I actually like that our character is taller, sure its different but it means more clothing options hehe

I had the idea of a mall before it was announced that there is going to be one,but more like another Nook expansion.
I imagined that in the right will be the auction house and HRA and to the left would be Shampoodles and the theater.In the center could have the Redd and Katrina tents at a random date like Wild World and the Gamecube.At the way back should be Gracie Grace and Nookingtons,and the there could be the caf? to the left after a hallway and there could be a indoor and outdoor half of the caf?.

Nice! I like how I can finally understand whats going on in the video lol I really like the idea of trading home ideas thru streetpass, it will give me some great ideas for my own house too! Also I actually like that our character is taller, sure its different but it means more clothing options hehe

I thinking the same thing, Kaiaa. It's gonna be cool looking at how tall and short the characters seem.Getting more clothing items is always GREAT! I wonder how Clumsy "Shizu" is? Also, I'm glad to hear Tom Nook's getting a different job this time. I'm loving that yellow vest of his! :) I just can't wait to customize the entire house! That is gonna be awesome looking at the different designs of other people's houses. :) I'm already starting to love this game even more!:cool:

Last edited:
lol, I just read in a video Tom Nook is now a real estate agent, and many more other things XD First time for me, I didn't even know he got changed to a that job D: Am I only the only one who doesn't know that?

Static, I saw it in the roundtable discussion or something, but this time with added subtitles. It explains so much ^^ Are we allowed to paste links? lol

oh here, just search this on youtube.

A developer roundtable for Animal Crossing 3DS

was just released :D

*reedit again*

just look on page 17, some guy posted video there :D

Last edited:
Static, I saw it in the roundtable discussion or something, but this time with added subtitles. It explains so much ^^ Are we allowed to paste links? lol

oh here, just search this on youtube.

A developer roundtable for Animal Crossing 3DS

was just released :D

*reedit again*

just look on page 17, some guy posted video there :D

I know the video XD I just (honestly) didn't see the whole thing >_<

lol, i got lazy and tried to skip to find the good parts. then i saw the other guy's post so I read that instead D: Wee, now waiting will be harder for meh D:

Back