• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Being mayor affect number of people per town?

rashley2010

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I thought of something recently. So if your character can be the mayor, how will that affect other people (human players) living in the same town as you? I mean, you can't have more than one mayor in the same town right? And if everyone living in the town was a mayor that would just be odd. Thoughts?

EDIT: Okay, so I just noticed that D1llon posted this exact question just a few threads below me. Anyway, Feel free to discuss on either thread :)

Last edited:
we actually have discussed this in a few places.

IMO irdk because yeah

Honestly, it would make more sense for everyone to get their own town.

I'd like to be able to buy several houses for myself, so each house would have its own theme. Other people would have their own towns, hopefully.

I'd like to be able to buy several houses for myself, so each house would have its own theme. Other people would have their own towns, hopefully.

I'd buy a vacation home that is pretty much only on the other side of town, A vacation from that side of town xD

Why would you have multiple houses if you can only live in one? If you want different themes isn't that why they gave you rooms? Sorry but I doubt that would happen. The only other house you would have would probably be the one in the island

I'm thinking that maybe everyone can either have there own town and be mayor or have the option of living in a town where someone else is already mayor and they're a normal resident

Honestly, it would make more sense for everyone to get their own town.
but again them putting 4 different towns on one game would take up a lot of space which they can use for new features and stuff

rumors of there being your own house on the island, so you could have two houses.
but having like 4 houses under your name is kinda stupid

Why would you have multiple houses if you can only live in one? If you want different themes isn't that why they gave you rooms? Sorry but I doubt that would happen. The only other house you would have would probably be the one in the island
seconding this

While I'm against having more than 1 town per game , there is the possibility of town data being saved to the SD Card rather then the game card. This would allow players to load their towns from SD Card and not the actual game card.

EDIT:
Point being: takes up no space on the game card and leaves more space for features.

Last edited:
While I'm against having more than 1 town per game card, there is the possibility of town data being saved to the SD rather then the card. This would allow players to load their towns from SD and not the actual card.

that might happen but it makes more sense happening from the digital copy rather than then the retail one

????

Do you understand what I was saying?

yes, you're trying to say that you can save data on both the cartridge and the sd card. But i doubt that would happen, it makes more sense for it being saved on the sd card when it's a digital release.

While I'm against having more than 1 town per game , there is the possibility of town data being saved to the SD Card rather then the game card. This would allow players to load their towns from SD Card and not the actual game card.

EDIT:
Point being: takes up no space on the game card and leaves more space for features.

yeah this seems logical

Maybe if you have more than one person in your town once a year they hold an election not sure how it'd work, but it sounds cool.

yes, you're trying to say that you can save data on both the cartridge and the sd card. But i doubt that would happen, it makes more sense for it being saved on the sd card when it's a digital release.

Sorry, but that's not what I was saying. I was trying to say, and this goes for a couple 3DS games I already own. that ALL data will be saved to the SD card and the SD card ONLY.

The game card should hold nothing but the game its self.

Therefore -- You could have as many towns as your SD Card could hold. Each town file would take up to like 20mb (megabytes) space at the most on the SD Card .

Last edited:
Back