• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Harrie's Doddleys

Harrie

bear without a care
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
helpwhatamievendoing-1.png

Ladybug fanart! (from september)
In response to the PV:

Untitled-1-Recovered.png

A wonky doodle I did whilst listening to this song:
I had this image in my head where, whilst he sings the chorus, glimpses of capital cities flash behind him. But then they disappear, and in reality he's really in his garden or something.

tumblr_mcium9QMec1r5ob8p.png
tumblr_mciumz3Fyg1r5ob8p.png

Someone on tumblr asked for somebody to draw Princess Bubblegum with this hair , so I did!
tumblr_mbi40g673Z1r9cjrmo1_1280.png

These two were done for my college portfolio:
forest_study_by_harrie5-d523oel.png

polar_bear_by_harrie5-d55yqi7.png

animurtion_practise_by_harrie5-d512qqn.gif

sokaru_walk_cycle_by_harrie5-d4isf7e.gif

Last edited:
I wish the snow bear‘s face was more realistic. Lady bug fanart and the trees are my favourites.

Thanks guys <3

And, the polar bear was actually an old doodle from May when my friend asked me to draw a polar bear
theycallmesexypaws.png

So it was never intended to be a realistic piece, rather a doodle intended for a little giggle.

But I had two days to get some stuff together into a portfolio, so rather than waste time making a load new things I just reworked older stuff. The whole polarbear pic took about half an hour (doodle time included), it would have been less if I'd saved the full res file. But I don't do that with doodles ahaha

(I also touched up the forest painting a bit, but it wasn't major enough to post it anywhere)

Some examples of character design:

referencesheet.png

(actually a .swf, click it to go to the deviation.)
sometimes_i_like_to_come_home_and_just_draw_jani_by_harrie5-d4nrnss.png

jani_by_harrie5-d50yeac.png

Some map work:
tokugawa_by_harrie5-d515sjz.png

And other sketchy doodles:
a_new_desk_by_harrie5-d4yxvad.png

the_butterfly_barmaid_by_harrie5-d4pu8ed.png

cucco_jump_off_of_skyloft__d_by_harrie5-d4cbj4m.png

I also painted a couple of traditional pieces and included pencil sketches, but again I never posted it online.

You're very good with your sketches. Your style is still being worked on I see when it comes to digital painting. I applaud your sense of compositing when it comes to your paintings thus far, a good skill to have. When it comes to digitally painting the trick is to focus on the image as a whole (something I have loads of trouble with, but you're seeming to get it right on), and then from there moving on to your details and blending. A tip I'll share with you is to focus on value when painting with color to make a statement. For this I'll use the polar bear as an example (as you have it down pat in the others). A change in value would make the bear pop while still blending in with the environment, not giving a sense of realism, per-se, but definitely helping to attain a softer look for the painting.

Don't take the critique as anything bad. I'm loving this so far and really hope to see more.

You're very good with your sketches. Your style is still being worked on I see when it comes to digital painting. I applaud your sense of compositing when it comes to your paintings thus far, a good skill to have. When it comes to digitally painting the trick is to focus on the image as a whole (something I have loads of trouble with, but you're seeming to get it right on), and then from there moving on to your details and blending. A tip I'll share with you is to focus on value when painting with color to make a statement. For this I'll use the polar bear as an example (as you have it down pat in the others). A change in value would make the bear pop while still blending in with the environment, not giving a sense of realism, per-se, but definitely helping to attain a softer look for the painting.

Don't take the critique as anything bad. I'm loving this so far and really hope to see more.

Oh no, there's nothing to take as bad in this critique! It was a very nice critique, thank you <3
And, I agree about the values for sure. It's only recently that I've begun really paying attention to them, generally I put a lot more focus into the colours and that results in a rather washed out image haha

tumblr_mcxofpcQ621ry3wmno1_1280.png

I painted a green, and I think I shall call her Tyth c:

I have been thinking of joining Evergen Weyr (a DRoP RP forum), so I'm making characters and such. I may call her rider Elenora (El'ra), but I'm not 100% certain yet :'D
Might not even use Tyth, I might wait and be a candidate instead and see what dragon I get.

Last edited:
:0

everything. is. awesome. I wish I could draw that well c:

//sobs quietly in corner, clutching meager amount of talent

Well, Nothing to wonder about that, this is simply the best. Each one has a unique idea with supreme finishing.

Well, it’s pretty clear for me and I come up with green dragon all the way. Mind blowing though!

Back