• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Kumarock's Wonderful Arts!

Elijo

chimken nuggie man
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8094-3297-8121
New Horizons Token
Winter Mittens
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Voodoo Doll
Kuma's Wonderful Arts!

Hey everyone this is my wonderful thread that will (hopefully) stay wonderful!

I love drawing! Don't we all? I especially like manga and anime so... I decided to make this thread. Just for funsies!
Hope you enjoy my drawings!

image.jpg
This is my first drawing of this year and please give credit to my wonderful friend who helped me with this drawing!

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!NICE why am i the only one that can't draw? anyway thats so fantastic!

Why thank you Eryani. I struggled drawing this picture but luckily since my friend was over she helped me with it. I'm not the best at drawing either. Especially at anime! But I will improve... Someday...

By the way: I didn't draw the facial expression, or hoodie. Because I'm bad at drawing facial expressions and clothing.

Cool. Hey wanna wifi sometime?

I don't wifi anymore. I just don't. I wish I could do it on Wild World, but my new router is not compatible with Wild World so yeah.

Kuma out.

image.jpg
This is just a quick and rushed drawing that I wanted to do because of my randomness.

Last edited:
This is just a quick and rushed drawing that I wanted to do because of my randomness.

To be truthly honest, your art is amazing! I also like drawing/skecthing anime too. I find it easier than drawing realistic people.

Thank you Nicole. I find it easier drawing cute little cartoons than drawing anime.

These are nice, I really like the eyes on the first drawing!

These are nice, I really like the eyes on the first drawing!
[color=4FF46]Thanks Kaiaa![/color]

I like the eyes too. It gives the guy a more "calm" expression. My friend drew the eyes though so give her some credit too. Without her I would be terrible at drawing.
Kuma out.

Next drawing coming later today or tomorrow...

You really get me...(no big eyes) At least im not the only one who like cartooning...

Cartooning is using emphasis of feature to create a likable or embelished form that draws someone in with the simplified form and relatable expression.

You do not cartoon.

Lookyhooky, I draw cartoons differently though.
Here is an example...
image.jpg
I know this picture looks bad but I really rushed it with this picture so I could show an example.

I don't mean to hijack your thread here but here's some stuff about cartooning:

There are several key assets when it comes to cartooning.

Simplicity, expression, body language, and story.

Every picture has a story. It doesn't matter if it's a portrait, or a concept. Think about it. You have three kinds of detail in everything. Large, medium, and small/fine. Your characters body tells its height, weight, what kind of lifestyle they have. Your characters clothing and hair, medium detail that defines their origin or the way they keep themselves, dress themselves, the way they live. Their fine details, eyes, scratches, everything else just adds to that. Even in a cartoon you have these present details.

When you draw a cartoon you focus on your story, what message do you want to get across? does your character slouch? is your character energetic? Where is your character's base? Lower spine? hips? neck? Their base is the center of their power and tells about how they hold themselves or how they feel. For example, a character with a point at their hips is likely confident, holds himself belly-forward, and is proud, while when a character's point is at their shoulders, their shoulders are slumped forward and they're seen as weak.

You have your expression which adds to your story. How do they feel? What are they doing? If it's neutral even that can tell a story. A neutral expression is different from person to person.

When it comes to cartooning you have all of these things simplified. A smile turns into a huge cheek to cheek grin that puffs out the cheeks and gives your character more life and vibrance. A frown can pass the chin making your character look all the more unhappy. All of these things must be considered with cartooning.

Lookyhooky, I draw cartoons differently though.
Here is an example...
View attachment 2544
I know this picture looks bad but I really rushed it with this picture so I could show an example.

Oh. I sell comics(like the ones in newspapers) to random kids in school. To me cartooning is drawing something funny. Like a comic. We think differently in that.

Back