• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

Torotix

Resident archen
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Easter Bunny
Classic Easter Egg
Hi everyone!
After watching through the translated Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct, I thought it would be worth posting all of the changes that have been made through the localisation process to some of the names of the characters, buildings and more.
I know there is still a lot more that has been confirmed, these are just the ones off the top of my head. So if you know any more, please post and I'll add it into this post.

The first line is the Japanese translation, and the second is the English localisation.

Characters

Shizue = Isabelle
Lisa = Reese
Kaizo = Cyrus
Kent = Digby
Reigi = Leif
Dream Suite tapir = Luna

Buildings/Areas

Dream Mansion = Dream Suite
Nook's Cranny = Nooklings Junction
Club 444 = Club 101
R. Parkers = Re-tail
Shoe Shanks = Kicks
Shopping Mall = Main Street
Streetpass Plaza = HH Showcase

Other

Idol K.K. = Bubblegum K.K.
Dream Code = Dream Address
Delicious Fruit = Perfect Fruit

Last edited:
Oh I didn't see that other thread. I don't know if threads can be merged here or anything, but I agree this is neater >_>

I felt the same way about Reese being a dudes name too :/ But it's ok because Reese and Cyrus both have names that are like recycle...

I like the old character and building names better, but I suppose we'll get use to them. We got use to the new title with time.

Not Reese though, that's just going to stick out like a sore thumb every time I play the game. Lisa was much better.

Reese Witherspoon disagrees
I was just going to say that! :p
It's one of her middle names, however. Both genders can be given boy's/girl's names as middle names I've noticed. And they use them as first names as proven here. Interesting...

Delicious fruits are now called Perfect Fruits.
Haniwa-kun the gyroid who you give the donations to is Lloid from LGTTC/CF.
Reese is apparently a popular girls name in America, but it fits the recycle theme.
Re-Tail is a bit lame, but it's still good.

Yeah, Reese is a unisex name in the US. It's quite uncommon though.

Personally, as someone who is American, I agree that it sounds more masculine than feminine though.

I did, I just never mentioned it. I thought it was going to be Lloid since the Nintendo Direct in October.

Seems a little unneeded to change "delicious" to "perfect".

Club 101 sounds like a course you'd take at a school. =/
Hm. Maybe Will Smith will make a cameo in some songs where he raps the alphabet.

Eh. It makes sense. In other news, NL comes out the week after I finish my year at college, so THE SUMMER OF NL WILL BEGIN AND I WILL HAVE A NOOK WALLCLOCK.

Hmm. Reese. Not a fan. I will get used to it though. Only minor changes really.

Why Reese? I mean Lisa was fine. It's the first time a videogame character has the same name as me and I was like she has to be my best friend in AC:NL ^^'
I hope she has the name Lisa in the german version and I think this is possible because Resse isn't a ordinary name in Austria the same thing is with the name cyrus. Come on I can't imagin that this names are the same in the german version.

Last edited:
Why Reese? I mean Lisa was fine. It's first time a videogame character has the same name as me and I was like she has to be my best friend in AC:NL ^^'
I hope she has the name Lisa in the german version and I think this is possible because Resse isn't a ordinary name in Austria the same thing is with the name cyrus. Come on I can't imagin that this names are the same in the german version.

Possibly. I know Isabelle isn't the same in German. So maybe they won't either.

[...]
Reese's German name is Rosina, Cyrus is Bj?rn in German and the name of their shop is... "Fund♥Grube"...

Reese?! What? Ugh that name looks so gross. I knew someone named Reese. He bullied me a few times in school.

): Lisa was an English name and it was so pretty... now I'm going to have unpleasant memories when I visit that shop. --

Not a fan of "Re-Tail". I would have preferred R. Parkers with Llamas named something that starts with "R". :p

Back