• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

Dutch is clearly accepted in Europe.
I take it as a compliment, we're probably just the best at English and don't need a version in our own tongue. (Don't go and crush my dreams now!)

Last edited:
I take it as a compliment, we're probably just the best at English and don't need a version in our own tongue. (Don't go and crush my dreams now!)

Yes! As we Dutchies are teached German, English, French and if we want we can get additional classes for Spanish. But the first three are standard. I wouldn't say we would need Dutch as an extra language. To be honest, if I'm watching an English movie with Dutch subtitles they really mix up the words sometimes, which then makes me cry a bit from the inside, and that is the reason I watch my movies without subitles! :cool:

I agree it would be pretty pointless to add a Dutch option to games. It's not exactly known and used around the world, and while I'm sure some would disagree, German and Dutch are really very much alike. The effort and time put into translating really wouldn't be worth it.

Not to mention Dutch looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous in many games, at least in my opinion.

Yes! As we Dutchies are teached German, English, French and if we want we can get additional classes for Spanish. But the first three are standard. I wouldn't say we would need Dutch as an extra language. To be honest, if I'm watching an English movie with Dutch subtitles they really mix up the words sometimes, which then makes me cry a bit from the inside, and that is the reason I watch my movies without subitles! :cool:

taught*

;)

sssh, don't ruin her moment.

Not to mention Dutch looks and sounds absolutely ridiculous in many games, at least in my opinion.

Well, though I agree with your statement I think that it's just weird because we're not used to seeing our language appear in videogames. If we would have dubbed all English movies and would have translated all games, you would have never played, let's say: Animal Crossing, in English. If that would have been the case, then a Dutch game would have seemed perfectly fine. Since we're not used to it a Dutch Animal Crossing game would look horrific.

Last edited:
Ok here are my opinions for everything:
Characters

Shizue = Isabelle - I think it suits her.
Lisa = Reese - I don't really mind it actually, it IS a stupid pun (REese-CYrus RE-CYcle) but I think you will all get used to it eventually.
Kaizo = Cyrus - ^

Buildings

Dream Mansion = Dream Suite - BOOOOOO!! Really?! The change of this name wasn't neccascery (<- Dat spelling) I honestly dont see why they would change it, Dream Mansion was fine, infact, it was better.
Nook's Cranny = Nooklings Junction - Yeah, I like this name, since Nook dosn't run the store anymore.
Club 444 = Club 101 - Once again, I dont see the point of changing the name, but i also dont see why everyone is getting worked up about it, its just 3 different numbers, chill...
R. Parkers = Re-tail - YUCK. KILL THE NAME. KILL IT NOW WITH FIRE, LOTS OF FIRE.

Other

Idol K.K. = Bubblegum K.K. - Its cute, so i like it.
Dream Code = Dream Address - Dont care, same meanings and once again, no need for a change
Delicious Fruit = Perfect Fruit - Nintendo stop, seriously I get the change of name for characters but for stupid things like this THERE IS NO FREAKING NEED.

Other

Idol K.K. = Bubblegum K.K. - Its cute, so i like it.
Dream Code = Dream Address - Dont care, same meanings and once again, no need for a change
Delicious Fruit = Perfect Fruit - Nintendo stop, seriously I get the change of name for characters but for stupid things like this THERE IS NO FREAKING NEED.

Its K.K. Idol not Idol K.K.

Why do pplz keep getting this mixed up D:

Did you notice your mistake?

First of all I'm a she not a he and secondly I only thought it was Idol K.K. because it's structured Bubblegum K.K. not K.K. Bubblegum in the English version :)

Thanks for all this, I was barely paying attention to the trailer since I was drooling over the new release date.

I kind of think the Delicious fruit to Perfect fruit makes more sense.

All fruit are delicious. But every so often you'll find one fruit that has no bruises or damage to its skin. A perfect fruit. Like how perfect fruit occasionally grow on regular old fruit trees.

I always thought Delicious fruit was the one that sounded lame.

I prefer dream address to dream code because it sounds like you're literally going to someone's address and visiting them. That's what the dream suite is supposed to be, a little visit to a new place.

I also prefer perfect fruit because it makes the fruit sound special and more exotic.

The localization has been really good so far. I can't see any major issues.

First of all I'm a she not a he and secondly I only thought it was Idol K.K. because it's structured Bubblegum K.K. not K.K. Bubblegum in the English version :)

1. I apologise for calling you a he.

2. Where did you get the info from?

I got the info from the Nintendo-translated animal crossing direct. It's currently on the eshop and on Nintendo's youtube I suppose, so definitely go watch it if you haven't already :)

if we gonna keep this updated

Shoe Shank - Kicks
Community Projects - Public Work Projects
The Green Nook Upgrade is called 'Super T&T' (i think it's the first upgrade)
Kent is now named Digby (lol wtf Kent was fine buddy)
Pipe Series seems to be called Sleek Series

and the game has been confirmed for digital download on eShop

> http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=197775

I just went to acnewleaf.com

Geko - Leilani

Last edited:
Back