• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

So I received a peculiar PM from Jeremy today:
At first, I was wary of him, simply because having someone randomly PM you their role without any prior discussion is odd, but after a conversation with someone via PM, is when I began to realize how scummy he looked. I won't reveal what their role is, but Beary and Lynn both claimed to have been roleblocked, and I'm inclined to believe them, because they both talked about it for a while in Chatzy. They were pretty mad~ It's highly unlikely that there's three roleblockers on the mafia team, so that's a huge red flag right there. I was roleblocked night 2, which obviously means as early as day 2, mafia knew who I was. I'm beginning to wonder if Jeremy is that roleblocker~
Yeah. Although its natural to be cautious when someone PMs you asking for your role, its not that with the information that may or may not be true can prove Jeremy to be scummy. I've had Oath PM me, and he seems pretty "townish"

Yeah. Although its natural to be cautious when someone PMs you asking for your role, its not that with the information that may or may not be true can prove Jeremy to be scummy. I've had Oath PM me, and he seems pretty "townish"

Erm...
Oath is dead?

ooh this is interesting. so you were both idle but gallows only bothers to mention you?? so why wouldnt he mention jer

Emphasis on this!!!! If Jer was a townie, surely he would've been mentioned by Prof Gallows as well.

---------------------------------

I've been talking to Jeremy on IRC as well, and he made a few slips which leads me highly believe he is mafia. I will be voting for a lynch on Jeremy as soon as Jubs opens up votes.

[20:19] <Truffle> Oath screwed Lunatic by accidentally telling Gallows I think that she was the Jack
[20:20] <Jer> why didnt they kill or block her anyway
[20:21] <Truffle> Lol ikr

Somehow Jeremy knew that Lunatic wasn't blocked last night....

[20:25] <Jer> i asked *INSERT NAME* if they would protect me but they either ignored me or didnt see they got a pm lol
[20:26] <Truffle> lol
[20:26] <Jer> wait did you even know they are a dr

So, Jeremy knows at least one of the doctors. I know this doctor didn't roleclaim to Jer either.

[20:27] <Truffle> Almost everyone I've talked to this game has died
[20:28] <Truffle> Karen, Trundle, and Oath
[20:28] <Jer> i mostly talked to trundle and oath
[20:28] <Truffle> Yeah, Karen told me that Lunatic was the Jack day one
[20:29] <Jer> lol
[20:29] <Jer> oath told me the night before last or something
[20:29] <Truffle> Her big mouth probably killed Karen
[20:29] <Jer> how are you going to split up your bells (if at all) btw
[20:29] <Jer> actually i think oath told gallows

Oops!! Oath did tell Gallows, not you. But you found out Lunatic was the Jack when Gallows shared the information with you.

[20:42] <Jer> oh i forgot medicine but thats really expensive. im assuming it?s a protect, but we already have 2 doctors and a jack so it?s not needed
[20:42] <Jer> bah i gotta go to the store now. didnt realize it was almost 9. bbiab
[20:42] <Truffle> Haha alright. xD

So you know there are two doctors, huh?

[21:45] <Jer> they know *INSERT NAME HERE* is dr but they might not want to waste a block on her again
[21:45] <Jer> although they might kill her

Oh, okay. Thanks Jer! <3

[22:06] <Truffle> Who do you think is scum right now? Jw
[22:06] <Jer> dolby was #1 on oath?s list so maybe
[22:06] <Jer> and maybe Laurina

Of course you would suspect Laurina. After all, she did just post about you, right?

----------------------------------------

He also PM'd me claiming to be Phyllis the Vig~

Jeremy: Hi, my main ally (oath) is dead, so I thought I would talk to you since you are also confirmed town. I think I may be dead next night because I was blocked. Although it could have been a pitfall and/or lucky shot.

Me: And what's your role again? I'm bob, townie. I don't have any special powers, unfortunately.

Jeremy: Phyllis the vig

Me: Surely you couldn't have been too close with Oath, right? He asked me to role block you if I had bought the pitfall and shovel. I ended up not buying it however, so you can be assured that whoever did role block you wasn't me - although it could've been done by Kaiaa or someone else that Oath was in contact with.

Jeremy: Wow

I called him out as a back stabber after he put my name on his list for simply thinking mafia sent their kills in one at a time ._.

Remember that Jeremy had a good reason to target Oath last night! Jeremy was Oath's list!

Jeremy: I know Lunatic is who shot Karla. Plus I was defending foxwolf in IRC pm with him last night and I turned out to be right. I don't know why mafia would claim to be Booker, which is obviously used for a cop name.

I tried shoot Dolby so I can maybe do that again? Or should lunatic inspect first? I will be in IRC tonight.

He's claiming he's a one-shot vig who tried shooting Dolby (on fricking night three) but got role blocked. Reality check please. Make out of this what you will.

##Vote: Jeremy

1. Oath told me who the doctor was.
2. Oath told me Lunatic shot Karla, so she wasn't blocked.
3. I knew there were 2 doctors, as did most people. It's practically a given in a game this size as well
So far all 3 of things are shared by you and Lunatic, correct?
4. If I were scum, I wouldn't be stupid enough to kill someone who was suspicious of me. Nor would I kill my #1 ally.
5. Everyone in this game can afford a shovel and pitfall by now. You really don't think people are using them?

6. I shot on night 3, yet Ash shot on night 1 and Lunatic shot on night 3 as well. So clearly me shooting on night 3 doesn't mean I'm scum... Oath told me to shoot Dolby. Oath told Lunatic to shoot someone else. She went on her own and shot Karla though, which oath then told me. I will shoot someone again if you want. I will have to now that you gave my role away to the public.
7. You allied with me for 2 hours in IRC then turned on me suddenly with bad evidence. I don't know what that's about. I'm assuming someone intervened and I'm curious to know who.

And there are all of your points, besides the one about what gallows said, which I can't say anything about because I'm not gallows. But everything else is related to stuff I know. I'm not sure how me knowing roles means I'm scum.

6. I shot on night 3, yet Ash shot on night 1 and Lunatic shot on night 3 as well. So clearly me shooting on night 3 doesn't mean I'm scum... Oath told me to shoot Dolby. Oath told Lunatic to shoot someone else. She went on her own and shot Karla though, which oath then told me. I will shoot someone again if you want. I will have to now that you gave my role away to the public.
7. You allied with me for 2 hours in IRC then turned on me suddenly with bad evidence. I don't know what that's about. I'm assuming someone intervened and I'm curious to know who.

And there are all of your points, besides the one about what gallows said, which I can't say anything about because I'm not gallows. But everything else is related to stuff I know. I'm not sure how me knowing roles means I'm scum.

Actually, I have to agree with Jeremy, Truffles. Before I made that post, I hadn't really talked to Jeremy so I wasn't aware about a lot of the things he told me. After hearing his explanation of things, it's changed my mind. I ****ed up :|

Truffle has been awarded the 14 Bells. Spend them wisely!

Voting for the lynch can begin now. Day technically ends at 1AM Pacific Time on March 28th, but I may not be available at the time to make the Night post. You need 11 votes for a majority.

Wait, wait, wait.

Jeremy, you keep saying that we "revealed your role", but the thing is, if mafia roleblocked you, then they already knew your role or atleast guessed what it was. o-o

Wait, wait, wait.

Jeremy, you keep saying that we "revealed your role", but the thing is, if mafia roleblocked you, then they already knew your role or atleast guessed what it was. o-o

Possibly, which is why I thought I might die. But it could have been a random pitfall from anyone in either town or mafia. At this point in the game, everyone can afford it.

Laurina - An inactive behavior similar to Red Revolution. Usually makes large posts. Claimed inactive, she could use an inspection.

Actually, quite the opposite. In Red Revolution I was far more active. As a member of Mafia I felt more obligated to post and build "easy" cases to keep myself in the clear. I'm behaving more similar to There and Back Again where I barely posted and was the Wizard Detective. I'm doing the best I can to actively keep up and post when I needed to, such as defending myself. Have you even read what I posted today? Yeah, I said that I've been warned for my inactivity. And I said I'd be completely okay with getting checked by a Detective, but again there are far more suspicious/inactive/non-contributive players than me. It is day four, so if you're going to put me up for a lynch I want to see some hard evidence on why I'm suspicious. Or proof that I'm actually scum.

I've noticed a few players that are weeding out inactive players on their posts (knowing most of them are either new and wouldn't exactly know how to defend themselves, or are so inactive that they probably won't put a decent defense, if any) We should be focusing on analyzing/looking for slip ups such as the Gallows/Jer incident. I'll be more in depth about things tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Kuma. You're being your usual quiet, sliding along the crowd self. You've only posted a handful of times, none of which have been extremely useful. + it's annoying when, unless we use a detective! it's always so hard to clear you of suspicion because we haven't seen anything from you./QUOTE]

I apologise for being my quiet self, I'll try to speak up more after I complete reading this thread.

I'd like to bring up KuMAFIA Kuma.

In the last two games of mafia Kuma was killed by the mafiaso on Night 4 and is generally a typical suspect. Yet this game has been oddly quiet about Kuma. Perhaps the people who would normally call out Kuma are apart of Mafia as well?

I also find it weird how Kuma role claimed before the game even started. Why? Panic? We know that mafia has a list of safe role claims, maybe she wanted to use her claim as quickly as possible.

1. Town isn't being really suspicious of me since I am pretty active when it comes to discussing about mafia in private irc channels.
2. I blurted my role name. Even know, I still find it weird how I was named Pelly even though I'm a Townie, as Pelly is a special character in the Animal Crossing franchise.

Kuma - Kind of unbelievable gameplay. How could she miss the fact that Townies, no, ALL ROLE names are unique? Either she isn't Townie or she's just inactive.

You try reading incredibly small text on an internet flash browser on an iPod Touch that doesn't zoom except when you press the reply box.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh damn it Quote :/

Jeremy is Mafia.

This post in particular sparked my interest:
I was also informed that Jer targeted both me and Kaiaa, who died.
I guess this game has new roles too, which is a good change. :)

However, if Jeremy really is a Town player then he should know that this probably is just BS. You didn't even make an attempt to say you indeed try to shoot Dolby, or even call out Lynn for false claims. That makes me believe that Lynn is telling the truth, and that your Vigilante claim is a lie c; . You completely ignored Lynn's post actually, probably deliberately burying it between your debate with Lunatic. In fact, throughout the entirety of the game you haven't showed any signs of interest of finding Mafia. Most of the time you just ask questions regarding items or post one-liners & solely-for-humor content. While that is more-or-less typical Jeremy behavior from previous games as well, there are times where you make long posts: When you are making a defense.
What a post Tom! You accuse me of "generally scummy behavior," something you've said in every game unless you were mafia or host. So I've been town every game while you thought I was mafia, and that is your reason for thinking I am mafia in this game? That is very bad logic. What irrelevant information are you talking about anyway? I haven't posted yet.

I have a hard time understanding what you were thinking by saying that, which only makes me think you are scum again and are picking random names out of a hat. Just think about it. You say I have had "scummy" behavior in previous games. Yet I've never been scum. So clearly this means you are bad at detecting "scummy" behavior and only prove yourself wrong or, like I said, are picking names out of a hat to lynch / kill.

Not to mention that's wrong. Just look at my Mafia V posts, which were lengthy. You killed me in the last game on night one, so it was hard to get much input in while I was dead!
This was from Day 1 when Tom calls you out. Since then, we have never heard from him again ... :(
It's from MIV when he offered me an olive branch of friendship after a few disputes in previous games. But as I took that branch, trusting he had turned from his history of mistrust and deceitfulness, I felt the stab of a rusty knife in my upper back. I laid there dying and only one person stood near me. It was Tom, my only ally! He was the only one near me but surely my friend, and a fellow town cop, was not the one to commit this act. "Help me," I shouted in agony. "Who could have done this," he questioned as embracing my bleeding body. I thought I died that day in the arms of an ally. My cop brother on the force! But alas, he was not an ally at all. He was no brother! Because it was his hand, driven by the scum in his mind and the darkness of his heart, that had stabbed me in the back on that fateful night. And I never forgave. And I never forgot.
This could literally be shortened into 2 sentences though.

Not to mention, in Mini Mafia IV as a Town player Jeremy tends to ignore posts when he gets called out. Jeremy was even a Detective that game - one of the best scum-hunting roles that shouldn't even be considered for lynch. Tom didn't even directly accuse Jeremy as scum this game, but the fact that Jeremy suddenly had to write a paragraph-long post declaring his innocence? That's a huge change in behavior from past games.

This + other evidence in the thread (like the IRC slip-ups & roleblock shenanigans) should be enough to make us all vote for him.

##VOTE: Jeremy

Sorry Prin, but I'm going to have to agree with Beary on this. I know you've been working on Mini Mafia V, but that doesn't excuse you from contributing atleast a little. :x

There's a few people that I'd like to point out: Kuma. You're being your usual quiet, sliding along the crowd self. You've only posted a handful of times, none of which have been extremely useful. + it's annoying when, unless we use a detective! it's always so hard to clear you of suspicion because we haven't seen anything from you. Dolby. Not much about you, just kind of odd how Oath died after calling your name out. Also thought it was funny how you magically appeared from the shadows right after the incident with Prof Gallows, and faded away again. We also can't forget about Lithia or Kit. I don't really have much thought about either of them, but Kits kind of disappeared all of a sudden after gaining the most posts in shortest time frame in the history of Mafia. (That may or may not be an exaggeration lel). I have more evidence for a certain someone that I will make a post about later. Unless someone else beats me to it :)

Finally, what's the point of trying to keep this secret anymore? The people I want to keep my role hidden from the most already knows it, so I'll go ahead and claim K.K. Slider. (Jack of all trades)
So I'm bad now because I post less? What do you guys want from me :p. I agree with the Kuma suspicion but tbh, I think lynching Prin would be better. She hasn't contributed that much and that s about as bad as scum. Perhaps she wants to avoid attention?

Jeremy is Mafia.

This post in particular sparked my interest:

I guess this game has new roles too, which is a good change. :)

However, if Jeremy really is a Town player then he should know that this probably is just BS. You didn't even make an attempt to say you indeed try to shoot Dolby, or even call out Lynn for false claims. That makes me believe that Lynn is telling the truth, and that your Vigilante claim is a lie c; . You completely ignored Lynn's post actually, probably deliberately burying it between your debate with Lunatic. In fact, throughout the entirety of the game you haven't showed any signs of interest of finding Mafia. Most of the time you just ask questions regarding items or post one-liners & solely-for-humor content. While that is more-or-less typical Jeremy behavior from previous games as well, there are times where you make long posts: When you are making a defense.
This was from Day 1 when Tom calls you out. Since then, we have never heard from him again ... :(

This could literally be shortened into 2 sentences though.

Not to mention, in Mini Mafia IV as a Town player Jeremy tends to ignore posts when he gets called out. Jeremy was even a Detective that game - one of the best scum-hunting roles that shouldn't even be considered for lynch. Tom didn't even directly accuse Jeremy as scum this game, but the fact that Jeremy suddenly had to write a paragraph-long post declaring his innocence? That's a huge change in behavior from past games.

This + other evidence in the thread (like the IRC slip-ups & roleblock shenanigans) should be enough to make us all vote for him.

##VOTE: Jeremy

There are a lot of incorrect points in your posts:

1. I didn't know what Lynn was talking about, so I PMed her for more details before posting a defense, as I did with Lunatic's post.
2. Why would I target Lynn? I don't even know her role.
3. My joke-post against Tom isn't proof of anything.
4. I've never been up for lynch in the previous games I played.

I'd also like to know why Truffle voted for me before responding to my counter points.

Guys, sorry for inactivity. Since I'm off punishment, I will contribute more.

I talked to you in the IRC because I didn't trust your roleclaim of being a Vig. Unfortunately, the slips that you made in IRC and in PMs to other players confirmed my suspicions.

2. Why would I target Lynn? I don't even know her role.

Lol, please. You revealed her role when talking to me in the IRC. Nice try. =P

3. My joke-post against Tom isn't proof of anything.

It's extremely suspicious that Tom disappeared after he suspected you. In fact, you convinced him to set you as his will night one! You told me that he left you with the pin, but it ultimately had to be trashed because you didn't have enough space to use the pitfall and shovel you bought. He was expendable after that in your opinion.

I'll add more later, but you're starting to make even more mistakes Jer. I think the pressure is getting to you and you're willing to shift the blame anywhere you can.

-------

As for the bells:

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I'll have nine bells left after I purchase the axe. Can we agree that Lunatic can be trusted? Lunatic expressed interest being an item tester - perhaps for the medicine or backpack. I'll wait to hear what she would like to test, and we can go from there to see how many bells we have left. Maybe with the leftover bells we could give them to someone who wants to test the new pitfall.

Truffle can you respond to you counter points I made to your post because you are restating what you said before even though I already explained that it wasn't a slip up, oath told me what the plan was. Please point out one mistake I made.

Back