• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Re-tail payment method on the Villager Trading Plaza

carryoncar

GMT +8 Timezone
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I've seen the phrase 'retail payment method' crop up in a few threads on the Villager Trading Plaza. What exactly is the retail payment method? My first assumption was that it has something to do with the Re-tail section of the forum, but if my assumption is right that still leaves me confused since it is a forum section, not a payment service.

I've been lurking for a while and haven't posted any auction/selling threads on the Villager Trading Plaza because I don't consider my knowledge of the whole payment process complete. (I've got Marshal and Muffy in my town, and I want to trade or sell them away ASAP before they start replacing their original stuff D: Which leaves me no choice but to ask about the retail thing here and get a quick reply so I can move on.)

If anyone would answer my question, I would be extremely grateful!

The Re-Tail method is just a simpler means of paying for something, as opposed to dropping bell bags on the ground. The host/person collecting payment will place items for sale in Re-Tail, priced at (typically) 999,999 per item. Granted this only works for purchases up to 8 million bells, but it does expedite the process somewhat. The visitor/purchaser will buy all of the items, and the bells go directly into the seller's ABD.

Hope this helps you! :)

Last edited:
The visitor/purchaser will buy all of the items, and the bells go directly into the seller's ABD.

Just something to note, though. :) The money will appear in your account the next day (Reese will tell you she sold a few things and that she deposited the money in your account), so you won't have the money immediately.

Back