• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tiny clay villagers (Leif & Marshal completed!)

Freckles

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Cake
Hey guys! I'm really into crafting but I don't think I've ever shared any of my work here. I'm into photography professionally but I also really enjoy paper crafting (the art of cut paper) and watercolor painting. It seems that I can't go into a craft store without picking up a new hobby so last time I found a huge bucket of air dry clay and have finally got around to making something with it.

I decided on some tiny AC villagers (of course). Alright, Reiji isn't a technically a villager but he's my favorite guy in town. Anyhow, I've only done a few so far. I wanted to see how they would dry and take paint before I really obsessed over making them. I tried making Butch too but I broke off his tail when trying to send him, so he's not pictured.

What do you guys think? Okay, take it easy on me though, this is the first time I've worked with clay at all in probably 7 years. But here they are in all their tiny glory!

Marshal is the biggest, he's nearly 2 inches wide. I need to get a picture of the back of him, his tail is curled up and he's leaning on it. I really tried to get the marshmallow effect here.
14872435399_40eb068b3c_c.jpg

And my boy Leif. He's really small, barely over an inch long and incredibly tedious to paint. He fits on my finger perfectly! I mixed my own paint and I had to laugh at how he well he matched my nail polish.
15056121781_6ccdddf049_c.jpg

Well there they are! I think they turned out alright enough so that I'll probably do some more. Any requests?

how about Isabella or bob or molly or cookie they are all cute and cool

Ahhh, they're super cute!<33 I'm so glad you posted them.
I still haven't gone up to check the nearby craft stores, but I'd love to try making a couple myself.
I really love Marshal's, well, marshmallow-esque tail. (& I also thought that Leif matches your nail polish very well hehe).
I'm hoping to see more cuties from ya soon. c;
As for a villager to consider in the future, what about Filbert? He's in your signature, but he's also my favorite so I can't help but suggest him. :p

Last edited:
these are so cuteeee!~
I've always watched youtube videos of clay making b4, they seem fun to make ;;

these are sooo adorable, thanks for letting me know you got some completed! I've never worked with clay before, but I can only imagine how challenging it would be for my clumsy hands.

Thanks for all your kind words!! I highly encourage anyone who wants to try tiny clay figures to do so, it's really fun and not too difficult. Even the one I broke is still pretty cute-haha! Once I get a few more to come out in a way I'm happy with, I might put together a small tutorial with some of my techniques. :)

And yes, there will definitely be a Filbert soon! He's my favorite villager too and I look forward to making a tiny lazy blue squirrel. I couldn't decide on a good pose I like for him which is why I didn't do his first. Marshal's smug lean came pretty easily for me. ;)

THAT LEIF ONE IS GODLY CUTE WOW OMG i m dyin from cuteness LOL

Oh my. They're just...SO adorable. You're very talented!

(The tiny Leif though! I would buy that in a heartbeat and take him with me everywhere. I would so buy!) If you ever did Walker, I'd probably explode.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I let my latest batch dry for 48 hours longer which I think has helped. I'll be painting them this weekend and sharing when I'm finished (assuming I don't break any more)

(The tiny Leif though! I would buy that in a heartbeat and take him with me everywhere. I would so buy!) If you ever did Walker, I'd probably explode.

Thank you! I really want to make a little Leif necklace (the cute factor would be off the charts!) but I need to get a different kind of clay first, the stuff I had is not very durable unfortunately.

Leif is the best!

Thanks everyone! I let my latest batch dry for 48 hours longer which I think has helped. I'll be painting them this weekend and sharing when I'm finished (assuming I don't break any more)

Thank you! I really want to make a little Leif necklace (the cute factor would be off the charts!) but I need to get a different kind of clay first, the stuff I had is not very durable unfortunately.

Leif is the best!

He is the best!
What kind of clay did you use? I don't know how to work with clay to save my life, but I watch a lot of crafting videos about it and what I lack in actually creating, I make up in knowing types of clay, lol. Maybe I could help?

These were actually made with an air dry clay for kids. I think it's called Model Magic? haha, I really liked the way it felt and wanted to see how well it would dry. Because it's so lightweight I thought it would be good for making jewelry. But I think it would only hold up that way for basic shapes, anything like limbs/tails are liable to break off.

I have used Sculpy in the past with great results! I've made a couple detailed pendants with that and they were really durable and have held up well for years. However, I prefer to paint my clay sculptures and I think sculpy looks better with the colored stuff, not necessarily painted. If you have any suggestions though, I'd love to hear 'em!

Back