• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The one year challenge

OMG TYSM! ITS SO COOOL '-'

Do you mind if I use them in my town? I wouldnt want to be copying you

Im glad you like them!
go ahead! I made them because you asked me to! :) I'll probably keep these for now since they look better with the snow and switch them out once the snow melts haha

I'm not the creator of the original paths. So it might not be perfect, but I tried my best. Personally I think they look great with the snow, but idk if this is what you had in mine. Either way, here they are.

They look awesome! :)

I haven't much to report about yesterday, barely got time to play but I'm hoping to get some street passes today so hopefully I'll run into a few people with acnl :)

Edit: So I actually managed to street pass someone yesterday with an awesome house! They've so many rare Japanese only items and gracie furniture that I can't order and ughh I want all of it!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I started somewhat mapping out my town to get an idea of how I would want it to eventually look lile.
What do you guys think?
acnl map klaar.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

the green dots are where the bridges will be. I'll remove to existing one eventually

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually.. here's a better one
nieuwe.jpg

Oh whoa! You're so lucky!! Your villagers moved into perfect spots. Mine moved all over the place, some in places that ruined my future plans for Hell.

----

Anyway, there isn't much to update for today. I unlocked Museum 2F and paid for it. Also got the Village Representative badge. Spent the rest of the day landscaping. That's about it.

I did read that a few of you guys hadn't unlocked any PWPs though so I decided to do a little guide on how to get more PWP suggestions. It's an old trick so I bet that a lot of you have already heard about it. But whatever

GUIDE TO GETTING A PWP SUGGESTION EACH DAY!
(big font so nobody misses it)

1. HNI_0059.JPG
the first thing to do is to do is to decide whether or not there is a PWP you really want and to make sure that at least one villager of the personality that suggests it is walking around town. For the purpose of this guide I will choose the "Illuminated Clock" which is suggested by Peppy villagers. Tutu is my only Peppy so I made sure that she was walking around town before starting.

2. HNI_0066.JPG
this next step is optional. but I like to dig holes around my villagers to make sure that they stay in one place. this makes the process quicker because I don't have to be running all over the map looking for my villagers. I'll know exactly where I need to go each time.

3. this step is also optional. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. at this point I empty my pockets, keeping only my tools. afterwards I fill up the rest of my inventory space with either seashells or flowers. basically: my inventory should be full of things that villagers can't ask for. by doing this I will guarantee that they will not be pinging me to ask for items.

4. HNI_0070.JPG
afterwards I'll put on my wetsuit and run the beach.

5. HNI_0072.JPG
I get in the water and stay there for at least 5 minutes. when I return to the land I walk around my villagers to see if they ping me. Since I really want a request from Tutu (the illuminated clock) I usually go to her first. But if she doesn't ping I just talk to the rest of the villagers.

6. HNI_0064.JPG
Sometimes though a villager will ping you for something other than a PWP. They might ask you to change their catchphrase, greeting, might come up with a new nickname for you, ask random questions, or sometimes even ask you for favors. If this happens just repeat steps 4 through 5 until you get a request. Sometimes you'll get it on the very first try. Other times it could take much longer.

7. HNI_0074.JPG
depending on your luck and on how long it takes for you to get a suggestion, villagers might stop pinging you all together. when this happens, select a villager you DON'T want a request from. I selected Whitney since she is Snooty and can't suggest the Illuminated Clock I want. After you've selected a villager go and talk to them and they'll tell you to take a rest. Don't take a rest. You can use this to your advantage.

8. HNI_0076.JPG
HNI_0078.JPG
the very next villager that sees you after being told to take a rest will always ping you. so naturally I rush to where I had trapped Tutu and she pinged me with a PWP suggestion. she asked for the illuminated tree, not the illuminated clock. but that's fine, I decided to just keep playing. though if you get something you don't like you can always just quit without saving and try it again. up to you. personally I just keep whatever I get.

last note: villagers will SOMETIMES recommend more than one PWP a day. but it's VERY rare. so after getting one PWP suggestion its better to stop doing the diving trick. cause after that you'll most likely just be wasting your time. and then you can just try it again the next day

Last edited:
Oh whoa! You're so lucky!! Your villagers moved into perfect spots. Mine moved all over the place, some in places that ruined my future plans for Hell.

No! lol. That is how I eventually want my map too look like. This is how it looks like, right now
acnl map s.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the guide with pictures! Very helpful. I only have one pwp request so far

wasn't going to do an update for today, but I didnt do one yesterday so here it goes...

HNI_0008.JPG
got the bell PWP suggestion yesterday

HNI_0015.JPG
and also the mannequin from sable

HNI_0017.JPG
also visited a bunch of dream towns, here is Satan visiting his girlfriend's old town (she deleted it long ago though)

HNI_0022.JPG
Mitzi also moved out yesterday. I was able to find her a home though so I'm pretty happy with that :)

HNI_0024.JPG
now for today: I got the village representative badge!

HNI_0026.JPG
and the museum PWP which I paid for right away

HNI_0028.JPG
HNI_0030.JPG
also Sahara was in town and I really LOVE his wallpaper/floor selection :)

HNI_0043.JPG
had the crab tour but it wasn't worth it. 20 medals in 8 minutes isn't a lot considering that I can get 16 in 2 minutes from the scavenger hunt

HNI_0059.JPG
Monkey D Luffy requested a blue version of the paths I was previously using so I made these. I'm not the creator of the original paths though, I only made this blue version.

HNI_0062.JPG
hybrids are looking nice!

HNI_0079.JPG
and another PWP suggestion today (also made a tutorial on how to get more suggestions, posted it a few hours ago in this thread)

HNI_0080.JPG
FINALLY got around to getting a flag for Hell, was trying to make it look like a "real" flag but the design is completely mine

HNI_0082.JPG
Ive visited 50 dream towns so here is another badge haha

HNI_0086.JPG
and I got Lolly from a cycler. doesn't satan's hairstyle look like the time traveling one? xD a little neater though

wasn't going to do an update for today, but I didnt do one yesterday so here it goes...

View attachment 81011
got the bell PWP suggestion yesterday

View attachment 81012
and also the mannequin from sable

View attachment 81013
also visited a bunch of dream towns, here is Satan visiting his girlfriend's old town (she deleted it long ago though)

View attachment 81014
Mitzi also moved out yesterday. I was able to find her a home though so I'm pretty happy with that :)

View attachment 81015
now for today: I got the village representative badge!

View attachment 81016
and the museum PWP which I paid for right away

View attachment 81017
View attachment 81018
also Sahara was in town and I really LOVE his wallpaper/floor selection :)

View attachment 81019
had the crab tour but it wasn't worth it. 20 medals in 8 minutes isn't a lot considering that I can get 16 in 2 minutes from the scavenger hunt

View attachment 81021
Monkey D Luffy requested a blue version of the paths I was previously using so I made these. I'm not the creator of the original paths though, I only made this blue version.

View attachment 81022
hybrids are looking nice!

View attachment 81023
and another PWP suggestion today (also made a tutorial on how to get more suggestions, posted it a few hours ago in this thread)

View attachment 81024
FINALLY got around to getting a flag for Hell, was trying to make it look like a "real" flag but the design is completely mine

View attachment 81025
Ive visited 50 dream towns so here is another badge haha

View attachment 81026
and I got Lolly from a cycler. doesn't satan's hairstyle look like the time traveling one? xD a little neater though

Ooooh, nice. :)

Can I go to someone's island? I have like zero flowers in my town.

Last edited:
Can I join in with this? I'll start on Tuesday since I need to get a new copy (Nope totally didn't sell my old copy :p ) so I'll get a secondhand copy when I go into town :p I'll probably find it difficult to update in the summer since work is gonna be ridiculously busy then but I'll try my best!

I know already that I'm going to name my mayor Emma and my town Fing Ring (The irl village I live in is called Fingringhoe and I think it sounds cute :3

HNI_0034.JPG

The Fishing Tourney is today, I don't care really.

HNI_0038.JPG

My first hybrid that I did not grow by force.

HNI_0039.JPG

I forgot all about this yesterday! I put it in my home.

HNI_0043.JPG

I like going barefoot in the snow in New Leaf because of the footprints and it makes a much better noise when you walk than those wearing shoes IMO.

HNI_0040.JPG

It is for everyone who is doing this challenge and restarted in January or December after the tourney.

- I got rid of Fuschia and I invited Goldie to come live in my town from someone else's town! I'm so excited.
- I got a special tree stump pattern, so hopefully a mushroom will appear soon

I also practiced on my creating skills by searching up some paths online and duplicating them from scratch.
Here are the 3 I did today

HNI_0098.JPG

Whew, just finished the tedious process of stealing flowers from the island. Time for an update!

Well, first of all, Paula will be the first villager to move out! I'm hoping to get a nice uchi to replace her. If anyone here would like to adopt Paula when she moves out, feel free to tell me!
HNI_0020.JPG
Kicks is being built! This is the second day so not much longer until it finishes building. It seems like I'm behind most of you on this. I haven't unlocked the museum 2nd floor yet either...
HNI_0021.JPG
...And I only got the QR machine yesterday. I'm actually not sure if I'll be needing it anytime soon. I decided to go for dirt paths so I'll see how they turn out before considering anything else. As I said above, I was transferring flowers from the island today. They are for lining the to-be paths. I still don't have nearly enough to line everything. Transferring them is just so boring. :D I've also been chopping down trees that are in the way. But to be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm afraid that I'll choose bad routes for the paths... I've tried to do some planning but something seems off regardless of what I do.
HNI_0081.JPG
This is a rough plan of the main path. I'll just hope it'll turn out ok. I welcome any improvements!
HNI_0055.JPG
I also rearranged the flowers I'm trying to breed. I had problems with hybrids spawning at the beginning but now they spawn well! So happy! :p Can't wait to get more and more and more... It'll be nice to get more color as I now have mainly white flowers in my town.

I decided to dream of some towns to get inspiration and ideas. It was really motivating! The towns were all so beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing how my own town will turn out in the end. Do you guys have any plans for your towns? Any themes you'd like to carry out? There are so many possibilities!

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg

house5.jpg

The other rooms are going to be tricky. A lot of what I have doesn't really go well together, and I haven't decided what the overall layout of the other rooms will be.

path1.jpg

path2.jpg

path3.jpg

They're nowhere near as good as some of y'all's, though. :p
EDIT; The grass is 3 grass tiles because why not? x}

Last edited:

The other rooms are going to be tricky. A lot of what I have doesn't really go well together, and I haven't decided what the overall layout of the other rooms will be.

They're nowhere near as good as some of y'all's, though. :p
Wow, your house is awesome for a person who is doing the challenge.

Your paths placements aren't that bad either.

Haven't posted here in a while, have I? Dream Suite and Kicks have opened in my town, as well as the T&T Mart. Jay is moving out on the 20th (PM me if you want him) and yeah.

Wow, your house is awesome for a person who is doing the challenge.

Your paths placements aren't that bad either.

Thanks!

I got really lucky at the beginning with Nook's having things I like and also getting good items from the villagers. Once Cyrus woke up, I was able to customize a lot of stuff to better fit the room in terms of color.

Back