• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

CALLING ALL RLC ARTISTS- PLEASE HELP

The Crossing Troll

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Hey, so thanks for clicking this!

I wanted to get some of your opinions and advice on how you guys personally receive the money that people pay you for rlc commissions.

The reason for this is that I have been using paypal to charge my own customers, but I keep running into the problem that they do not release my money to me straight away! I know that if I update the shipping details to "processed", then they are supposed to get it to me within two weeks, but sometimes that doesn't work for me. One of my first orders is still being held, even after I've already marked it as processed, and I'm not sure what to do.

I really don't like not knowing when I'll be able to access the money I've earned with art o n o

Thanks mangs

i'm not an rlc artist and probably of no help, but when i've commissioned people in the past they told me not to check the deliverable goods option or something like that during my checkout process. that way, it acknowledges that there is nothing to "ship" and shouldn't hold up your money. is this something the people who commission u are aware of?

What I do is I never send invoices because of the lack of a services option and they always require for you update the shipping. I've heard of people getting scammed out of their commission money because they don't ship a physical item!

I just have them send the money via the send/request option before I start the commission. It's much easier imo and I've been using this method for a long time. If it's a big commission (group or whatever) I have them pay half upfront and half later.

i'm not an rlc artist and probably of no help, but when i've commissioned people in the past they told me not to check the deliverable goods option or something like that during my checkout process. that way, it acknowledges that there is nothing to "ship" and shouldn't hold up your money. is this something the people who commission u are aware of?

As iamnothyper said, the person who commissions you isnt supposed to select an address when paying, they're supposed to choose "No address needed" in the drop down menu. Or else paypal thinks you're actually shipping something
so your money is held.

Last edited:
I don't think so, i wasn't even aware of it cx ok, so i should let them know not to mark any address then?
thanks alot! that should be helpful in the future c:

What I do is I never send invoices because of the lack of a services option and they always require for you update the shipping. I've heard of people getting scammed out of their commission money because they don't ship a physical item!

I just have them send the money via the send/request option before I start the commission. It's much easier imo and I've been using this method for a long time. If it's a big commission (group or whatever) I have them pay half upfront and half later.
I was doing that very briefly, but the last person i asked to do that told me I could get fined for a couple thousand if paypal found out o///o so i'm not sure what the whole truth is about this matter is really cx thank you so much for clicking the link and leaving your input by the way :B
As iamnothyper said, the person who commissions you isnt supposed to select an address when paying, they're supposed to choose "No address needed" in the drop down menu. Or else paypal thinks you're actually shipping something
so your money is held.

Ok, I'm definetly going to make my customers aware of that then in future transactions. Thanks a ton

Ahh if you've only been using pp recently, there are some requirements you need to accomplish before they remove the wait time. If I remember correctly, there should be a checklist somewhere to become a "trusted seller" or something. This may be why you haven't been getting your money instantly? :)

Ahh if you've only been using pp recently, there are some requirements you need to accomplish before they remove the wait time. If I remember correctly, there should be a checklist somewhere to become a "trusted seller" or something. This may be why you haven't been getting your money instantly? :)

This was exactly what I was going to say. How long have you been a member? I think you have to be a member for an allotted amount of time AND have so many transactions before they will begin releasing your money instantly. Until then, it's held for a set period of time.

Yeah as someone going through this exact problem it sucks but I'm pretty sure you just gotta push through it and there isn't much you can do until you finish one of the steps below (this is mine lol)
wldm6e.png

25ow6fm.png

And when they mean "funds available sooner" I really hope they mean "funds available right away".

Umm do you guys use invoices or just the send money feature? I'm a bit confused because I do invoices and have never encountered this problem- All my money goes directly into my Paypal account. But to add to crowbats's post, invoices allow you to choose to charge money for either the finished commission (item) or for hour spent on that commission (service).

Back