• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Shadowrun: Dragonfall Mafia - Town Wins!

I don't really think that Dolby is being suspicious. He's just trying to look like he's being helpful today. Of course, that is kind of suspicious, but I think we should focus on someone who's consistently being sus rather than one bad post.

Then again, that is (if I remember correctly) Dolby's only post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On second thought, I'll vote for Dolby as a placeholder vote. I will change if something else comes up though.

I'm not sure what to make of Dolby's response, because a lot of it was him defending himself against his play so far, but at the end of the post all he has to contribute is a small quip about pillow bunny with little behind it - pillow bunny isn't the only one making small posts or barely posting at all, why not go after Tom for the same reason, Dolby? He's being ****posty and lolvoting me because of what I did to him in a previous game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Something still feels off about Runeraider though, but a lot of that feeling about him is a meta thing.

He's posted three times today. His first included suspicions purely off of meta and ideas of what we could do today, the second said that one of his ideas (3) was bait, and his third post said that his suspicions were to get the game started and that he was actually leaning towards Ashtot because his posts were a distraction but now Ashtot is ok (and went on to FOS inactives and PB).

The main crimes that he committed imo was going back on his statements several times over and trying to say someone should be lynched for the sole reason that theyre a distraction (doesnt matter if theyre town or maf).

tbh I'd really like to hear more from LaBelle regarding her matching Crystal's reads and alignment against Endless.

tbh I'd really like to hear more from LaBelle regarding her matching Crystal's reads and alignment against Endless.
This, but I want to hear from her more in gerneral. She's been awful quiet so far, and her one post gave me an incredibly avoidant/sarcastic vibe.

@Labelle Mind giving some reads on people?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Jesus forgive me I cannot type today for whatever reason

i felt that LaBelle was being sarcastic and Crys was actually trying to get Endless lynched through Dolby's third idea

- - - Post Merge - - -

so like, they're probably unrelated

- - - Post Merge - - -

Something still feels off about Runeraider though, but a lot of that feeling about him is a meta thing.

i thought so too. the first part of his most recent post is really similar to crys', which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but it's kind of a weird sentence, since it's "trying to look helpful" instead of "trying to be helpful"

to me, Dolby just seems like town trying to seem at the start if the game, its not worth my vote.

I don't really think that Dolby is being suspicious. He's just trying to look like he's being helpful today.

the rest of rune and crys' posts basically boil down to "dolby's not that sus, let's vote for someone else instead" until rune suddenly turns around and votes for dolby. i don't scumread rune yet, but that's probably what you thought was off about him

@Dad, when I left my third post I was counting Tom with the non-posters because he had only posted once before (the questions that Endless posted) and I kind of forgot that he had posted. I'm getting red flags from Tom and pillow bunny for their yolo votes, I'm getting town reads EnderWiggen, and SarasaKat. I'm leaning town towards Dad, and neutral towards Endless, and crys. Runeraider i'm getting third party reads from. Everyone else I don't have enough to go from because they've posted once or less. I don't have much time because Ap bio and calculus, so sorry for short post.

What are your reads pillow?

So people who have been pro town are: Dad, Endless, SarasaKat (atleast what im seeing it as) and EnderWiggin. Im putting soft town on Dad, and Ender. Sorry haven't posted much today, been busy since this morning. Rune is setting up red flags for me, reading their posts. I will be back later.

Cause there's people who've actually acted suspicious lol
On Day 1 besides Pillow Bunny? lol I've been reading the thread and nothing really stood out to me as sus at all besides Endless wearing his tryhard pants. :)

I'm not sure what to make of Dolby's response, because a lot of it was him defending himself against his play so far, but at the end of the post all he has to contribute is a small quip about pillow bunny with little behind it - pillow bunny isn't the only one making small posts or barely posting at all, why not go after Tom for the same reason, Dolby? He's being ****posty and lolvoting me because of what I did to him in a previous game.

Am I lolvoting you Dad? Am I? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡?) But I do agree on Runeraider, their posts rub me wrong. Like they're trying a weak bus attempt.

@Dad, when I left my third post I was counting Tom with the non-posters because he had only posted once before (the questions that Endless posted) and I kind of forgot that he had posted. I'm getting red flags from Tom and pillow bunny for their yolo votes, I'm getting town reads EnderWiggen, and SarasaKat. I'm leaning town towards Dad, and neutral towards Endless, and crys. Runeraider i'm getting third party reads from. Everyone else I don't have enough to go from because they've posted once or less. I don't have much time because Ap bio and calculus, so sorry for short post.
It's day one, you guys should kick off your shoes and relax a little bubs. Have a pina colada and get caught in the rain.

@LeBelle and Crys: I'm reasonably sure I don't have RQS exclusively saved for the times I flip red lmao? And as for lynching strong players I'm pretty damn sure I also don't need to do that, re-bravely default mafia. (I was voting Tom day 1 but I didn't get him lynched. In fact I never night killed a 'strong' player. I just let them tear each other apart.)

Now for the hunt. For the chase. And finally, after the spear inevitably lands, the feast.

@Dad
Not all my post was used to bait people, just option number 3 on my list. I'm serious with the proposal of no lynching (although it's not really the best option I agree, but on day 1 there really aren't any good things to do, and random lynching would give us more information for day 2). As for the Ashtot and Crys suspicions, they we're just a attempt to get the game started (because my post was the only serious post in the game at that point, so I had only meta to go off of) as I only had past experience to go off of at that point.
Admission that lynching people for being bad is a terrible notion.
I started to be serious with the prospect of an Ashtot lynch because he was just spamming before I went offline, which isn't suspicious in itself, but it tends to lead to him having poor gameplay and just being a distraction towards the endgame (I shot him for that in bird mafia 2), I'm glad that he's taking this game somewhat seriously now.
Continues by claiming to actually be suspicious of someone due to poor play. Moreover, Ashtot has posted less than EnderWiggin and his posts have all been short. If Dolby was genuinely going to red-read someone for 'spamming', it wouldn't be ashtot.

So posting to get the game going.

At this point, if I had to vote for someone, I would probably vote for one of the non-posters or pillow bunny because of their short, mostly non-contributive posts, getting a few scum vibes from Crys, the mafia would want to try to lynch a strong player who'll be protected early on.
After saying that he 'started to be serious with the prospect of an Ashtot lynch' he now lists him as a no-shot on his lynch options. The inconsistency here is killing me.
@Dad, when I left my third post I was counting Tom with the non-posters because he had only posted once before (the questions that Endless posted) and I kind of forgot that he had posted. I'm getting red flags from Tom and pillow bunny for their yolo votes
Need I point out that pillow bunny's vote was for literally the same reason as Ashtot, the now vacant original suspicion Dolby had. There is literally no reason for Ashtot becoming vacant from this guys red list.
I'm getting town reads EnderWiggen, and SarasaKat. I'm leaning town towards Dad, and neutral towards Endless, and crys. Runeraider i'm getting third party reads from. Everyone else I don't have enough to go from because they've posted once or less. I don't have much time because Ap bio and calculus, so sorry for short post.
Ashtot??? Ashtot?!?!!

YEah no terminate this guy post-haste. If I was being honest I wasn't really not sold on the Dolby wagon yesterday, but I can't see myself not lynching him now. This is the tier of stuff pillow bunny had in KtbC.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say ashtot was his partner but don't quote me on that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also just ISO'd Runeraider. I don't see what you guys are complaining about. He's posting everything that comes to his head and that means he's as open as a door without a hinge. Everything he's doing implies he isn't preparing his posts at all/doesn't care what his posts are perceived as. In my experience, red players tend to be more cautious and care way more about how people interpret their content. I'd say Rune is town so far.

How to sleep all day, Edition: Ender.

Lemme go start where I left off last night and address things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Wiggin Pillow's being more assertive then they generally are as mafia. That being said, I'd love for you to explain how you get pillow!scum. Even from an objective, meta-less standpoint I don't see it.

#Meta

Since you asked me to explain my read at the time of last night, I will. Though I will note that new information has altered the Red Lean to a Blue Lean.

there's also option 4. lynch Dolby
Nothing up with this post particularly.

How often do you intend to post each day? I'll post a lot for the next 4 days and then die irl
Gun to your head, you had to Lynch 1 player off the nonexistent content so far, who do you Lynch? Dolby because he's obvious scum
There is a red button, a green button and a yellow button, which to click? all, or if that's not an option then whichever one is on the left
What's your avatar? the best pokemon from the best gen
How much previous forum mafia experience do you have? 3 games, not including this one

@Endless isn't ruby rose a person from orange is the new black

- - - Post Merge - - -

?????

This was actually the post that started me watching him. I am fully aware a lot of other people have done it so far, and while it's not a red flag on its own, the surety of his statement about Dolby made me tag him. No red lean at this point.

didn't realize this was a serious game. that's too bad since i suck at mafia :lemon:

i agree that RL is better than NL, but it's still not very good. RL doesn't give us much info, because people will generally act the same they always do so you can't get many reads out of that. discussion can't be taken too seriously since during the day we have no idea what the lynchee's alignment is. and it doesn't really matter what potential teams are if we don't know who the mafia are. dolby is obvious scum though so who cares

- - - Post Merge - - -

he's probably bussing one of them, like why would someone who hasn't played in a year feel like they should be the one to decide who we lynch

The "I didn't realise this was a serious game" is a very loaded statement. Since mafia tend to care a lot more than town, just saying this can intimate that you weren't trying before which tends to suggest a town, non-PR, role.

The bussing statement was what really felt off. It stank of random PIS that was unnecessary.

i thought i only seemed scummy in the game i was actually scum

someone said i seemed town in bravely default once

Nothing important.

And there you have the reason I had a read lean.

pillow can be assertive as mafia too, ive been on their scum team at least twice and it all depends on if they feel lazy or actually want to try

the reason i think their scum is their early vote on dolby and their sorry reasoning behind thinking that dolby is bussing somebody but it could easily be poor town play

Does anyone else see this as really oddly wishy-washy?

Why do you feel the need to ask Endless alone what his thoughts on PB are?

1. I know Endless. I know he's good. And I know that I can bounce reads off him reliably. Not only that, but he knows the meta of you more, while also knowing my scumhunting styles, so he's much more likely to pick up if I got snagged on a meta bump.

2. It's one of the few ways I've managed to read his alignment in the past. So you'll probably see me do it a lot if we're in games together. :cool:

I'm actually quite suspicious of Ender for seemingly being attached to whatever Endless says and being inconsistent (he got mad at Dolby for offering NL but not me?).

There was a huge difference in you and Dolby's posts.

Dolby was suggesting it, bald-faced, as an action he not only endorsed but that we should do.

You, on the other hand, said that you preferred it, but at the same time you weren't telling us to do it like Dolby was.

Dolby was stating a course of action he was interested in pursuing. You were stating a preference that you understood was not agreed with. Also? You at least provided good reasoning, even if I didn't agree with it. If you provide reasoning I can understand, even if I don't agree with it, I'm ALWAYS going to be nice and polite. :)

Just want to note that this is very similar to the only thing LaBelle has posted, and it's also a weak reason to try and get Endless out of the way - I feel like you're ignoring a lot of the stuff people have had to say about other players or just not reading well, but this comes off as funky to me. I think Endless is too experienced of a player to not know his own meta, so you need more than just that to go off if you want to sus him imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ninja'd by pb - but I'm glad they noticed it too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Want to point out that their answer here seems very lukewarm in hindsight now that they're suddenly going after a stronger player on weak reasons.

I like this post.

(When Ender thought Dolby was sus because of offering NL and having been apart of 25 games, I consider that meta))

I voted Dolby because they were wishy washy in response to pressure. The NL thing is something I've seen so many town do that I no longer even consider it an alignment tell unless it's obviously an opportunistic play.

By EnderWiggin (sorry quotes didn't work)

"Explain pls. I have a theory for why you said this but I want to hear YOU say it."

It might surprise you, but in this world, there exists something we mortals like to name 'humor'. Don't worry, it won't hurt you, just do not anger this common beast.

Oh, no, that's what I assumed it was. I was just seeing what you did if I made it sound serious and logical. :D

I don't really think that Dolby is being suspicious. He's just trying to look like he's being helpful today. Of course, that is kind of suspicious, but I think we should focus on someone who's consistently being sus rather than one bad post.

Then again, that is (if I remember correctly) Dolby's only post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On second thought, I'll vote for Dolby as a placeholder vote. I will change if something else comes up though.

Humm.

Now for the hunt. For the chase. And finally, after the spear inevitably lands, the feast.

Really. Also read the above post I quoted. That's the only one raising flags for me about Rune but I'm not getting town from him yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dolby was stating a course of action he was interested in pursuing. You were stating a preference that you understood was not agreed with. Also? You at least provided good reasoning, even if I didn't agree with it. If you provide reasoning I can understand, even if I don't agree with it, I'm ALWAYS going to be nice and polite. :)

EBWOP:
Remove that second "Even if I don't agree with it"

@ender Im not gonna quote the whole the whole thing lol, but by blue lean you meant town. I think it can cause some confusion as it different from where you came from.

Oh. Yeah. That. In case anyone was confused about blue lean/red lean, blue = town, red = scum.

(Feel free to ask about any shorthand or terminology that is unfamiliar to you. :D)

So I'm gonna finally jump on the wagon and vote Dolby - I'm still very uncertain about him because he's a hard player to read, and from my past experience he's very lowkey in a lot of his playstyle, but there's just too many inconsistencies going on with him right now a lot of alignments that can be told from his flip. The things everyone has said today are the first impressions, and past games have proven I need to pay attention to day one behavior and focus on it heavily no matter what day it is.

There's a lot of stuff I'd like to comment on right now, but at the moment most of the content is people declaring their tells rather than strong (in many meanings of the word) posting going on. And I'm tired. Will be busy tomorrow catching up on work.

Ender, town is green and prs are blue on this forum. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally call a pr a blue in epicmafia on accident.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Tom, I've never seen someone degrade as a player as fast and hard as you have. Buck up, buttercup.

Ender, town is green and prs are blue on this forum. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally call a pr a blue in epicmafia on accident.

That must be confusing, considering the normal use for Blue on EM. :D

EnderWiggin said:
You at least provided good reasoning, even if I didn't agree with it. If you provide reasoning I can understand, I'm ALWAYS going to be nice and polite.
Half this forum needs to learn a thing or two from you, just saying. Also, gonna acknoledge that whole post where he explained his stance, and I'm satisfied.

@Tom Then I think you ought to explain your reads and why you're reading people like Dolby, Crys, and Labelle as town (and sus of PB). Also, why would we on purpose make D1 unproductive? That just doesnt make any sense.

Also, adding onto the list, green = Townie, blue = PR Town, and red = Mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*acknowledge

You mean this post?

@Dad
Not all my post was used to bait people, just option number 3 on my list. I'm serious with the proposal of no lynching (although it's not really the best option I agree, but on day 1 there really aren't any good things to do, and random lynching would give us more information for day 2). As for the Ashtot and Crys suspicions, they we're just a attempt to get the game started (because my post was the only serious post in the game at that point, so I had only meta to go off of) as I only had past experience to go off of at that point.

Well I noticed it but didn't feel any need to acknowledge it. Just like I didn't acknowledge your arguments except to respond to them. ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

After saying that he 'started to be serious with the prospect of an Ashtot lynch' he now lists him as a no-shot on his lynch options. The inconsistency here is killing me.

You know there's enough material there without you misreading him. He legitimately says why IN that post you're quoting

To wit, "but it tends to lead to him having poor gameplay and just being a distraction towards the endgame (I shot him for that in bird mafia 2), I'm glad that he's taking this game somewhat seriously now."

Nono, like Im dine with you now lol. I'm not sus of you anymore, since I think you gave good reasons to your actions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*fine

Back