• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Attack on Titan - [Game Over/Town Wins]

Hayden was town in trump mafia so how are you even going to use that as evidence?

it's funny how you have meta up your ass until it doesn't suit your needs, tom

you can tell when Hayden's town by how hard he tries with his posts, he doesn't try to seem town when he's town and he just freely says what's on his mind. and when he's scum he is really censoring of himself because he doesn't want to say too much

I'm going to voice my concerns regarding a Trundle - It's day one and I have very little to work with but I feel like there's a couple of things I want to put forward nonetheless:

In my opinion, this fine Gopher Gentleman's meta seems to be to always makes more of an effort on day 1 when he's scum, to really make sure that people notice that he's 'going to be trying very hard this game'. When he's town, however, he's normally worried about getting killed if he speaks too much and is therefore far less aggressive.

In this particular game he was one of the very first to really call someone out, with this post:
From what I've read so far, mafia are probably going to be really passive this game, especially if there are any mafia that are also in the TBT Discord Chat. I'm going to post a full reads list as soon as everyone posts. Meanwhile, Jacob is scum.

At this stage it seems almost like a reaction test, because he's saying it an assertive and confident way despite how little anyone's even been posting. People quickly people start asking him questions as for WHY he would think Jacob is scum, and he goes through some rather decent effort with explaining himself:

Also, to elaborate on why Jacob is mafia, here is my short form case:
- When Jacob is mafia, he puts an extra amount of thought and care into his posts to appear pro-town. He has admitted this to me in PM. Last time he was mafia, after I was killed off, I PMed him because it was just so obvious. That same posting style is present here.
- When Jacob is town, his posts are generally shorter, less focused. Even if you look at the last line of his latest post, you get this:

The fact that he took the time out to even put meta & gut feeling in quotation marks goes to show he was thinking pretty hard about what he was saying as he was writing it. I'm voting for Jacob.

Personally, I felt that his points could be valid at this stage. However, since then he's been tunneling on Jacob with a certainty that once again seems very uncharacteristic of Day 1 Trundle - Many times he expresses that's he's "more or less sure" that Jacob is scum. That's the most worrying part for me, because although there's definitely a chance he's correct, day 1 reads are normally inaccurate at best and being so focused on a single person at this stage isn't much like town-Trundle at all. If Trundle is Mafia however, it would make sense, since he said that Jacob might also be blue pretty early on:

The only uncertainty that really comes is that it's slightly possible that he is a blue role. He's either blue or mafia. But I'm quite certain he is mafia.

From a scummy viewpoint, he might feel that it's worth being fairly aggressive in planting suspicion onto Jacob if he thinks there's a large chance we might mislynch a power role.

Anyways, I do not think that this is enough to go on to push for a Trundle lynch on day 1 - But I am curious if other players who have played previous games with Trundle also feel similar regarding his meta being off this game, if he's actually town.

Some other quick notes:

Ayaya and Alexi are both clearly trying to seem very pro-Town so far. Either that's because they are in fact innocent, or it's because they strongly want to be perceived that way. Overall I think it's good to have a lot of information and reads put forward by a player as it tells a lot if/once they die and their role is revealed - But if either Ayaya or Alexi would be scum I can almost guarantee that they've hidden a Mafia teammate or two in their "case posts".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, when exactly does the day end? How many hours do we have to vote? I'd really like a timer.

To answer Alexi:
It wasn't my intention to pocket entropy. Cad called her out for something that I town leaned her for, so I said something. I'm not surprised at all that's how entropy started the day and I was addressing Cad to give my thoughts on why I thought someone was doing something.

I said I'd look into Tardis, I didn't say I'd post it. You even called out my meta of not talking a lot, then you should know I never jump to conclusions before I'm confident in someone being scum. I looked into Tardis' posts, and switched my read from scum to leaning town. He started the day very similar to Bus Driver which is why my initial reaction of him was scum. As day has gone on though he has made more town centered posts I think, even if they are short ones, that made me switch my view. See posts #303, 292 and 193. I'm not town locking him yet, but he's not at my scum read anymore.

As for Trundle and Jacob, I commented what I thought. I believe at a minimum one of them is scum but I haven't made up my mind which one just yet until I look more into it. I was leaning town for Trundle and then the post I mentioned (post #333) happened so I took a step back on calling him town since that post was sus to me. I haven't looked hard enough into Jacob yet to make a decision yet but those were my thoughts at the time so I posted them.

Again I'll make more brief thoughts before day ends. As an aside that may or may not be relevant this game, as I gain more confidence in myself I'll be trying to post more, regardless of meta or alignment.

Of course you do, not going to bother with your dumb ass.

we both know I'm not dumb so that's some pretty telling ad hominem for me not even making a full case against you :^)

I was vig in Trump Mafia :/
lol im pretty sure theres at least 1 scum between crys, tom and cory, unless they're all just sh**y sheep

How am I the sheep when I started it?

ummm wtf am i supposed to say? ive been put in the spotlight for literally nothing

- - - Post Merge - - -

the only thing i'm hearing is uwuXenoblade Vibesuwu

I'm going to voice my concerns regarding a Trundle - It's day one and I have very little to work with but I feel like there's a couple of things I want to put forward nonetheless:

In my opinion, this fine Gopher Gentleman's meta seems to be to always makes more of an effort on day 1 when he's scum, to really make sure that people notice that he's 'going to be trying very hard this game'. When he's town, however, he's normally worried about getting killed if he speaks too much and is therefore far less aggressive.

In this particular game he was one of the very first to really call someone out, with this post:

At this stage it seems almost like a reaction test, because he's saying it an assertive and confident way despite how little anyone's even been posting. People quickly people start asking him questions as for WHY he would think Jacob is scum, and he goes through some rather decent effort with explaining himself:

Personally, I felt that his points could be valid at this stage. However, since then he's been tunneling on Jacob with a certainty that once again seems very uncharacteristic of Day 1 Trundle - Many times he expresses that's he's "more or less sure" that Jacob is scum. That's the most worrying part for me, because although there's definitely a chance he's correct, day 1 reads are normally inaccurate at best and being so focused on a single person at this stage isn't much like town-Trundle at all. If Trundle is Mafia however, it would make sense, since he said that Jacob might also be blue pretty early on:

From a scummy viewpoint, he might feel that it's worth being fairly aggressive in planting suspicion onto Jacob if he thinks there's a large chance we might mislynch a power role.

Anyways, I do not think that this is enough to go on to push for a Trundle lynch on day 1 - But I am curious if other players who have played previous games with Trundle also feel similar regarding his meta being off this game, if he's actually town.

Some other quick notes:

Ayaya and Alexi are both clearly trying to seem very pro-Town so far. Either that's because they are in fact innocent, or it's because they strongly want to be perceived that way. Overall I think it's good to have a lot of information and reads put forward by a player as it tells a lot if/once they die and their role is revealed - But if either Ayaya or Alexi would be scum I can almost guarantee that they've hidden a Mafia teammate or two in their "case posts".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, when exactly does the day end? How many hours do we have to vote? I'd really like a timer.

I believe about six hours

what is your opinion of Hayden and tom?

Hayden was town in trump mafia so how are you even going to use that as evidence?

it's funny how you have meta up your ass until it doesn't suit your needs, tom

you can tell when Hayden's town by how hard he tries with his posts, he doesn't try to seem town when he's town and he just freely says what's on his mind. and when he's scum he is really censoring of himself because he doesn't want to say too much
Heyden was town in Trump Mafia, but he was actively trying to get PRs to out in order to not shoot them. While on one hand that's somewhat pro-town behavior, getting them to out just because you guys had two doctors is anti-town still in my book.

Then who would be a better lynch? Besides me since you've got tunnel vision. Because I'm not riding along with the ****post wagon after D1.

1. What is your timezone? Same timezone as host im so elitist xdddd
2. How do you react under pressure? Fairly well bc I have time to plan my reactions
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? i hope different meta l o l

- - - Post Merge - - -

question 5 if you were vig would you shoot tae
yes
Are you planning your reactions Heyden? Because it seems to me you aren't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok just for an insight what I'm thinking is like;
5 scum (Probably Godfather, Roleblocker, Doctor/Strongman and two goons? Depends on how stacked town is I guess)
7 power roles (There doesn?t seem to be any 3rd party so I?m assuming there would be more killing town roles, so maybe two vigilantes, jack of all trades, detective, veteran and maybe two doctors?)
9 townies and 1 miller (The rest townies probably alongside a miller)

honesty & integrity r my 2 favorite accessories xDD

Also this post. Don't go speculating on day 1 to seem town.

ok so going against my rqs and sharing thoughts makes me scum, how logical

- - - Post Merge - - -

GUYS im actually GMT+11 not GMT+10 i lied MAKES ME SCUMM

I'll ask you one simple question. How has your meta changed this game?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Compared to the last few.

Also strange how tom said he was proposing a Hayden lynch when I said it since yesterday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So your town meta changed to Mafia meta?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whoops other way around.

Fair enough.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heyden it appears your sig is exceeding the limit. You can fix that first.

Kevinnn I was null/slight slight town lean until this

Why are you iffy about that now?

Hm, just a gut feeling. Makes me want to feel that one of the two can be scum. Still want to lean towards town v town though.

Are you unsure about Tardis? The whole thing last night pointing out Shiida an evident claim, or a maneuver?

I believe about six hours

what is your opinion of Hayden and tom?

Some reasonably scummy vibes from Tom. Not sure about Hayden, especially not since Tom suggested them as today's lynch target and I scum-read Tom much stronger at this point. But it's day 1 and I admit that I've never really been a player that pays enough attention to the little details in the start of a game. Rather, I just try to encourage conversation to take place and reads to be forwarded so that we can all then later go back and analyze things as the days go on by and we actually have some serious suspicions and some information to work with.

Furthermore, I dislike that Dolby has not posted yet. It's not fair to really give him a hard time for it since he joined as a replacement but him being "inactive" is perhaps his most telling scum trick.

I town-read Shiida at this point. Everything is subject to change.

Back