Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Yeah, I do.

I don't really get it. Them voting for me on D2 was understandable at first, but when the Dolby train kept gaining traction, their vote remained solely committed to me. Then, shortly after D3 started, they voted for me again without an in-depth explanation (though the vote is subject to change). Was it because I don't have a strong opinion on them myself, and that made them feel uneasy? I would like to know a proper reasoning behind their votes. @unravel
the bolded part is because she’s on singapore time and checked out. as for the rest of it i’m also not sure. let me grab her posts about it
i changed by my mind about TN4U as one of my townreads, their random entrance is weird as well i see more on trundle/tn4u/radical than with annika.
The fact TN4U switch sides and felt scripted, from kept agreeing with trundle to oh no trundle is WW
Trundle's most strongest townread but very inconsistent
unravel if you see this do you think tn4u flipping red would confirm trundle to you?

looks more and more like a trundle flip is the way to go today, sorry annika
does anyone have thoughts on Yoshi? I’ve been thinking abt voting them
volt thinks yoshi is a newbie mafia based on vibes iirc, ender wrote him off as maf for having mixed signals. i’d be fine with it i suppose, but even if he does flip red i’m not sure what that would tell us.

dangit i’m voting trundle for the time being

If yoshi flips red, it'd be worth looking at lily voters maybe?
lily’s only other voter was shiny, so we would look at ender
Post automatically merged:

another reason i think there’s one in volt and trundle is because someone picked up ness trying to soft doctor and assuming betsy is town those are the only candidates i think would

God, my brain hurts so much trying to convince some of you guys. I'm just trying to remain on cruise control with my thoughts, but the ride's derailed more times than I'd like to admit.

Let me answer your two main points first:
  1. I'm becoming increasingly frustrated that you're continuing to incorrectly understand me. I'm not expected to just barge in here the exact moment you claim cop and immediately agree with you. I need time to actually read the responses and formulate a proper opinion. There have been so many posts to sift through back in D2, and my real life job has prevented me from remaining fully committed to posting. In fact, most of my time here has been spent trying to defend either myself or other players I read town, as I'm not the type of guy to confront others all the time. Yes, that is one of the main points of the game, but I'm letting others like you do the heavy lifting so I can gain a better understanding on who to personally vote for.
  2. "I caught him and he started spewing" - Yes, Dolby slipped when you revealed all that information about him. That is what I meant. By the way, there are times when I simply don't want to answer you because it makes me feel like a broken record repeating things over and over, like my thoughts on your cop claim, and tie that to the fact that there have been so many posts to go through. It's alright to occasionally miss a couple posts due to the speedy rate they were coming in, but I'll say it once more: You've fully convinced me that you're the detective, and I will not be commenting on that any further. Let's talk about other things, please.
I wasn't intending on giving a new mafia lean on mog and unravel whatsoever. I simply don't feel super confident with my town reads as they haven't posted as much as the others. Either that, or the regular posters buried their posts and I simply missed them. All I want is some better understanding of what may make them appear wolf. That is all.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mention ribbit:

Ribbit has been making more understanding posts as of late, and my sus of them has dipped a bit as a result. The fact that they've made several town-friendly posts during and after the Dolby scuffle has sort of changed my opinion, and I get why they are sus of me due to my inconsistency. My thoughts race and become jumbled quite a bit, and that's who I am as a person. I can't really help it.
It's why I asked you if I was just picking at your diction, and if yes I would stop hounding you. Please remember this is a game where you're trying to catch the people lying so you have to scrutinize them. It's not personal, but I will back off if it's upsetting you irl.

another reason i think there’s one in volt and trundle is because someone picked up ness trying to soft doctor and assuming betsy is town those are the only candidates i think would
Don't disregard that Dolby was still alive and working with mafia in their chat up until the last time Ness was able to speak. But if you really want to focus on Trundle there's something I'd wanna ask first (and would need to find the right posts depending on the answer we get skjfbnkjsdbf).

Not sure. Yoshi voted lily and i think kept it on lily. I dunno if they were around eod.

Yoshi is on TBT and posting a lot throughout the day (noticed when isoing) they're just choosing not to engage with the thread. 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

lily’s only other voter was shiny, so we would look at ender
if dolby was quick enough, he couldve seen ness soft claim and posted it to mafia chat before he died so i dont think that can be any indicator for or against honestly.

@radical6 why the no vote? Was there a reason for not voting or did you simply forget?
my university had a makers fair so i was kinda busy shopping coz it ended at the same time as EOD lmao. i have sick dan heng earings now tho.

also i think ribbit asked me a question but i am not going back through 2.2k posts to find it coz it wasnt in a ping, i think it was about tn4u, but anyway mostly because he was like one of my early d1 reads and he felt easier (along with lily/shiny) to read idk for being new? also one of the posts you linked i think it was me talking more about frosty. frosty and tn4u did have that pages long discussion. that discussion was related to how i felt about her, im not sure how else i could avoid mentioning him. at least i think you included that but if you didnt oops.

im not really sure what we're doing today and i dont want to vanity wagon but it looks like its between policy chop (..maybe?), tn4u and trundle... im not opposed to policy chop or tn4u but i honestly think trundle is town.

he was just on dolby's defense for soooo long. it wouldve been very easy for him to just roll over and bus him too. also i think his reasons against killing dolby were a sign of how cautious he was, and imo that felt more pro town to me, because hes right town potentially killing doc wouldve been disastrous and one more day would give them time to confirm.

i think mog also brought up his "cop check me" comment which i again think is a joke and just trundle's personality, at least if i was cop i wouldnt take it seriously.

also hi ender, you normally scare me in any mafia game but im kinda relieved you replaced shiny because shiny is easier to read (who i also think is town just for his uhh rather unorthodox views)

also i think frosty has a very good chance of being alive for a couple more nights if doc/watcher can alternate.... n1 at least we know frosty wasnt the attempted save, because if she was, maf wouldve 100% killed her n2. i think the n1 target was ness but now hes dead so... tbh i dont think doc was on frosty n2 so hopefully n3 doc can be and watcher n4.

also i think frosty has a very good chance of being alive for a couple more nights if doc/watcher can alternate.... n1 at least we know frosty wasnt the attempted save, because if she was, maf wouldve 100% killed her n2. i think the n1 target was ness but now hes dead so... tbh i dont think doc was on frosty n2 so hopefully n3 doc can be and watcher n4.
wait what

what gave you the impression ness was the n1 target

Yoshi is on TBT and posting a lot throughout the day (noticed when isoing) they're just choosing not to engage with the thread. 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
I know I’ve barely been posting, but it’s because like I said, I don’t really think I know how to play this game at all. (I know what you’re supposed to do but I’m just not good at this at all)
they haven't shared enough to actually allow us to make a good read so we should policy kill them
Tbh i wouldn't be against it. Inactives are hard to deal with later in game.
I wouldn’t be against this either to be honest.

wait what

what gave you the impression ness was the n1 target
if mafia fell for the bluff that ness is doctor, it means he couldve had a 50% chance of saving himself or frosty (the only two realistic doc targets imo). that wouldve meant taking a gamble, we know its not frosty as i think it wouldve been 100% her to die last night if it was.

but if mafia tried to kill ness n1, and they still think hes doc, they would believe hes defenseless because doctors cant protect twice in a row so he was a guaranteed kill.

also dolby and ness seem to have some kind of rivalry (look at how ness voted for dolby immediately d1 lol) so i can also see dolby just wanting to kill ness for the hell of it on n1

if mafia fell for the bluff that ness is doctor, it means he couldve had a 50% chance of saving himself or frosty (the only two realistic doc targets imo). that wouldve meant taking a gamble, we know its not frosty as i think it wouldve been 100% her to die last night if it was.

but if mafia tried to kill ness n1, and they still think hes doc, they would believe hes defenseless because doctors cant protect twice in a row so he was a guaranteed kill.

also dolby and ness seem to have some kind of rivalry (look at how ness voted for dolby immediately d1 lol) so i can also see dolby just wanting to kill ness for the hell of it on n1
o__O

dangit i’m voting trundle for the time being
I took a screenshot (will share if trundle flips red) of why i think trundle might be a frame victim. I could be dead wrong, lol.

Well, this just screams town...
😂

I think I'm missing this whole ness doctor thing.

this posts gives me the impression YOU thought ness was doctor and had tmi about the no kill

i assumed frosty was the save

how th was ness a likely candidate for doc save i have literally no idea why you think he would be killed
sigh im not surprised it gave you this sort of reaction but i have my reasons ig. 🤷
im very confused

this posts gives me the impression YOU thought ness was doctor and had tmi about the no kill

i assumed frosty was the save

how th was ness a likely candidate for doc save i have literally no idea why you think he would be killed

im very confused
frosty couldnt have been the save n1 because why wouldnt mafia have killed her n2? killing cop is more important than killing doctor (imo) and they lost roleblocker.

i dont really want to distract town a lot but i guess i did so oops but i mostly just wanted doc/watcher to alternate on frosty...

I know I’ve barely been posting, but it’s because like I said, I don’t really think I know how to play this game at all. (I know what you’re supposed to do but I’m just not good at this at all)

You could have asked Dan to sub out yesterday. Asking us to kill you, if you're town, is just making us lose a day. and it could very well make us throw the whole game.

I get that the game was probably way more than you signed up for being new and us being insanely intense the first two day phases, but if you are having trouble following or anything you are welcome to ask and I'm sure all of us are willing to help you. Like if you have anything you want to ask now I'll be around for like 10 min.

And if you reaaaaally don't want to play I think you can just ask Dan to modkill you still.

Back