Team 2
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Shooting Star
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
Night Sky Scenery
as you can tell today is the day I have decided to get it together (jk) (but maybe not jk…. idk… life is hard… :thonk:)

For real though, what apps have changed your lifestyle? Can be a mobile app, or PC app, or maybe some other device?? Or gadgets?

For me, Pokemon Sleep has genuinely helped me stay consistent with bedtime. The past months I’ve found myself sleep-deprived because I tend to do this thing called ‘bedtime procrastination’ where I delay sleeping even if I have to wake up early because there are so many other thing I wanna do. I used to sleep at like 2 AM and wake up at 6 AM to go to work at 7 AM, and it’s really affected my energy at work. With the app. knowing my Pokemon’s energy level depends on how long I sleep makes me more conscious about getting to bed early. Also, the reward for having longer sleep is that you get to see and befriend more Pokemon, which always excites me in the morning! Pokemon Sleep is far from a good sleeping tracker app if you want more feedback on how you sleep, but for me it’s more than enough to just get me to stick to my bedtime which is before 12 AM. It ensures me that I at least have 6 hours of sleep c: (I know the ideal is 8 but im still working towards that since my body clock is messed up due to my schedule lol).

Another app I really like is LifeAt, I downloaded it on PC and it helps me with studying! I really wanted an app that could run a moving background while I’m studying, but I want my own music from Spotify. Youtube kinda has those ‘study with me’ playlists with moving backgrounds and music running, but a lot of the times I just don’t vibe with the music or the background lol. LifeAt is all I’ve been looking for; it comes with some free moving backgrounds and a Pomodoro timer so I can run those while I’m listening to my own music on Spotify! The backgrounds are pretty diverse too like sometimes I’m in the mood for rainy sceneries, the library, spring season, etc. and it’s got all those!!

I plan on getting Ring Fit Adventure too maybe next month! I’m getting back into regular exercising again and I saw positive comments with people trying out RFA! Would definitely help me get a variety of exercises besides jogging, and it looks fun too. Also for the days I feel lazy to go out, hehe 😅 Really excited for the future purchase! (Would love to buy this month but I’m planning first on getting a new set of earbuds so I can finally retire my wired earphone that are such a hassle when I jog 😭)

Also plan on downloading a countdown app just so i can panic and cram be aware about dead lines and not cram :) my friend has a countdown app and periodically reminds me how long we have until finals….. fun fact we do not have long until finals….

Anyway, how about you guys? Any app/s you use that contribute positively to your lifestyle in any way? ^^

In my freshman year of highschool, I made a friendship over a mobile card game. (WWE SuperCard).

We played it all the time. lunch, field trips, even in class.

I actually had a really good freshman year. When I installed the game that night, I had no idea it would improve everything at school so drastically. (Because, before that, I was kinda struggling to fit in).

I also met another kid who lived up the street from me. We shared quite a few classes. The three of us ended up spending lots of time together.

as you can tell today is the day I have decided to get it together (jk) (but maybe not jk…. idk… life is hard… :thonk:)

For real though, what apps have changed your lifestyle? Can be a mobile app, or PC app, or maybe some other device?? Or gadgets?

For me, Pokemon Sleep has genuinely helped me stay consistent with bedtime. The past months I’ve found myself sleep-deprived because I tend to do this thing called ‘bedtime procrastination’ where I delay sleeping even if I have to wake up early because there are so many other thing I wanna do. I used to sleep at like 2 AM and wake up at 6 AM to go to work at 7 AM, and it’s really affected my energy at work. With the app. knowing my Pokemon’s energy level depends on how long I sleep makes me more conscious about getting to bed early. Also, the reward for having longer sleep is that you get to see and befriend more Pokemon, which always excites me in the morning! Pokemon Sleep is far from a good sleeping tracker app if you want more feedback on how you sleep, but for me it’s more than enough to just get me to stick to my bedtime which is before 12 AM. It ensures me that I at least have 6 hours of sleep c: (I know the ideal is 8 but im still working towards that since my body clock is messed up due to my schedule lol).

Another app I really like is LifeAt, I downloaded it on PC and it helps me with studying! I really wanted an app that could run a moving background while I’m studying, but I want my own music from Spotify. Youtube kinda has those ‘study with me’ playlists with moving backgrounds and music running, but a lot of the times I just don’t vibe with the music or the background lol. LifeAt is all I’ve been looking for; it comes with some free moving backgrounds and a Pomodoro timer so I can run those while I’m listening to my own music on Spotify! The backgrounds are pretty diverse too like sometimes I’m in the mood for rainy sceneries, the library, spring season, etc. and it’s got all those!!

I plan on getting Ring Fit Adventure too maybe next month! I’m getting back into regular exercising again and I saw positive comments with people trying out RFA! Would definitely help me get a variety of exercises besides jogging, and it looks fun too. Also for the days I feel lazy to go out, hehe 😅 Really excited for the future purchase! (Would love to buy this month but I’m planning first on getting a new set of earbuds so I can finally retire my wired earphone that are such a hassle when I jog 😭)

Also plan on downloading a countdown app just so i can panic and cram be aware about dead lines and not cram :) my friend has a countdown app and periodically reminds me how long we have until finals….. fun fact we do not have long until finals….

Anyway, how about you guys? Any app/s you use that contribute positively to your lifestyle in any way? ^^
this inspired/reminded me to buy ring fit adventure. i’ve been looking for ways beyond just dance to use my switch to stay active so thank you for making this thread!!

by the way, i was able to find cheaper used sets on ebay. i got one for around 50% off the retail price. also found out you can also sanitize the entire thing if you get the ick from buying used. :)

Admittedly, I really struggle with maintaining good habits, and have gone through many on-and-off app relationships, looking for the app that will fix me forever. I've yet to find 'the one', but these are the ones I've found the most useful and keep coming back to:
  • Tody - I am not by nature a particularly neat person, so this app really helps me in keeping my house in an acceptable state of cleanliness. It takes a bit of effort to set up, but now I don't need to waste precious brain power on remembering when I last dusted or washed my towels - I just follow the to-do list it gives me each day.
  • Daily Budget - When I don't track my money, I tend to spend a lot more. Again, it requires a bit of set-up, but once done it's super easy to track your saving & spending.
  • Habitica - Essentially gamifies maintaining good habits. Getting a big streak on a good habit & making progress on quests is super rewarding for me!
  • Forest - Essentially, you set a timer to focus on school/work/whatever, and it locks for your phone down for that specified time period. At the end of the timer, if you didn't touch your phone, you grow a tree. I LOVE this app - you can integrate it with screen time on iOS to block specific apps during your focus period, and if you earn enough in-app currency, they will even plant a real tree on your behalf!
    SleepTown - Same concept as Forest, except for sleep. If you go to bed & wake up at specified times, it builds a little building in your town. It hasn't been updated in a long time, though.

Pretty sure Daily Budget, Forest and SleepTown are paid apps, and Tody is a subscription (it was a paid app before - think I got grandfathered in because I bought it before they changed to a subscription model). I personally think they're worth the cost (except maybe Tody now that it's a subscription), but I'm sure you can find free alternatives out there as well.

Back