• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

BATTLE OF THE BANDS (Auditions Open - Video Game Music)

Mr.Fox

Fantastic
Bells
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Boo Halloweaster Egg
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Yoshi Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
🎸 BATTLE OF THE BANDS 🎸
I've had this idea for a while now, so let's see how this goes. I'm looking for users to submit a song they think can win a virtual Battle of the Bands determined through community voting and elimination rounds. If all goes well I'm looking to create a series of these, with future specified themes to be determined. Submit a song you like, or just a song you think can win, it's your choice. Don't be upset if your tune doesn't rise to the top, the odds are against everyone. If you'd like to participate, here's what I'd like you to do:

All entries will be anonymous to avoid any potential favoritism so DO NOT POST YOUR SONG IN THIS THREAD. Shoot me a DM with the song you'd like represented.

Theme: VIDEO GAME MUSIC - To coincide with the upcoming event, let's pick some good video game tunes. Let me specify here, the song you submit needs to have been created specifically for a video game. A theme, boss battle, level etc. For example, the Super Mario Bros. World 2-1 theme would be acceptable, where as Billie Jean by Michael Jackson (featured in GTA) would not be acceptable.

I'm betting we get to hear a great song we would've never come across before. Hope to hear from you!

6/??? entries

Last edited:
Ooh, this is awesome! I'm gonna have a hard time choosing just one song I like. XD

I have a question, though: If a song contains profanity/explicit themes, can we still submit it?
Hmm tough one for me to answer. I’m leaning towards it being fine as I’ll just add a disclaimer if a song requires it, then people can choose if they click play or not. If a song title directly has profanity in it, I would advise against it. I can blur/spoiler the title, but there’d be no way for me to alter the actual video.
Note to self: Don't pick any joke songs.
Good idea for a future theme though!

I know it hasn’t even been 24 hours since posting the auditions, but upon reflection I could just as easily cut the entries at 8 and we’d still have 7 rounds of voting. I’m confident we could’ve reached 15 unique entries given time, but I’m really eager to hear some good stuff…

Back