• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you own any Unique collectibles? And how many?

I have a number of unique Collectibles:
IMG_0772.jpeg

I understand that I can sell/transfer my Weird Doll now, but only to a member who does not already own one 🧐

Holiday Candy Canes from 2016 and 2017 are apparently not unique

interesting. though I'd still consider them honorary unique, given they're basically "unique that doesn't need to be made unique due to the special obtaining methods"

I guess maybe staff made the ones after those unique, since sometimes the advent calendar will glitch and give people duplicate prizes? so it just prevents someone accidentally getting double candy canes for a year
Post automatically merged:

I understand that I can sell/transfer my Weird Doll now, but only to a member who does not already own one 🧐

basically yeah

iirc, during the halloween 2019 dolls raffle, staff said that people with a weird doll were still able to win another. but that was an exception, really (and all the winners didn't already have a weird doll anyways, so the whole thing is moot)

forgot about the kitty, tbh

anyways, the obvious answer is for rarity control
Is there always something unique’d every major event? I didn’t pay attention last fair but i now realise they did this for halloween + the frags this camp

Is there always something unique’d every major event? I didn’t pay attention last fair but i now realise they did this for halloween + the frags this camp

not always, but it does seem to be a bit more common as of late

though frags at least are turned off for that now. sometimes (like with the kitty) they just keep it for an extended period. hopefully the upcoming halloween event finally ununiques the kitty. either to start, or at the end

also, on the subject of previously unique things, shout out to the birthstones

9 non giftables

Campbell tree patch 2023
Galaxy swirl
Nft turnip
Special snowflake
Oblivias ugly Christmas egg
Candy cane 2022 & 2021
Bell Tree Fair Patch 2022
New horizons token

I have a grand total of.... zero. I would've had one, as I joined right when the 2022 christmas event happened, and thus had a shot at the christmas egg, but I ignored it for some reason. I'm hoping I get one either at the end of this event (lantern) or in the next ones. (i mean unique collectible, not christmas egg)

I own, in order from oldest to newest;

Happy Home Designer
Special Snowflake*
New Leaf
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
New Horizons Token
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg (IT IS NOT UGLY!!!)
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Camp Bell Tree Patch 2023

and I think? That's it..?

***EDIT: I have a Special Snowflake, as well but.. It doesn't say it's Unique in the item description, lol.

I'm too lazy to count, but I have all the holiday candy canes (call me old, I know), new leaf token (wow im so old), new horizons token, fair patches since 2020, magical fireworks, oblivia's beautiful christmas egg. i'm pretty sure I have more but i can't tell anymore what's unique and what's not lol.
i also assume the "award" gif collectibles (tetris, shooting star, enchanted bloom) are unique too since it would be too OP to have more than one of the same gif collectible, but I may be wrong.

i also assume the "award" gif collectibles (tetris, shooting star, enchanted bloom) are unique too since it would be too OP to have more than one of the same gif collectible, but I may be wrong.

technically, they're not; but practically, they are

just no real need to put a unique label on non-tradeable non-purchasable items that only show up in inventories via admin interference

i've got:

- camp bell tree 2023 patch
- nook's fancy turnip
- oblivia's ugly christmas egg
- holiday candy cane 2022
- key to bell tree manor

smol collection

Back