Need a refresher: How do you unlock custom fencing?

Stella-Io

Unhindered Dreamer
Bells
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Snowstorm Scenery
Playful Scenery
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Stitches
Friday the 13th Candy
Eerie Star Potion
I haven't played in a long time so I forgot alot of the things.

Everythin says to just redeem it from the Nook Miles kiosk but it's not there for me. I figured I already bought it but I still can't customize fencing. I have both a fence that can be redone (simple wooden fencing & iron fencing) and custom kits, but the fence is grayed out. Nook has no more workshops for me either.

Is there some pre-requisite I need to buy before it shows up? I don't have all the pathing options since I won't be using alot of them.

I have the 2.0 (currently 2.0.6 version) update and HHP DLC cause I have items like gyriods and ceiling hanging items, Harv's campsite, ect... I'm not sure why it won't show up.

Did you do the DIY workshop for customization? You also needed to have crafted at least two different fences.

Did you do the DIY workshop for customization? You also needed to have crafted at least two different fences.

I have done Nook's customizing workshop, it may be the crafting two fencing thing I haven't done. I'm going to try that and see if the option pops up.

Edit: It worked! I had never crafted any fencing since I got a bunch from one of my other islands. I made two different ones and the recipe showed up in the Nook Miles kiosk right after. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Back