New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Update on my question from the other day; if I decided to keep my island on my current switch, would I need a separate nintendo online account to trade between the two switches? I know I’d need a second copy of the game. (Also: more of a switch question, everything else that is saved on my device I’d want to transfer over to the new switch I’d get. would it be possible to keep my acnh data on the old switch if the rest of my data and the account is moving to the new switch? same with my alt accounts who have houses on ny island. Would i need separate online subscription for them too?

sorry for all the questions. I’m not getting a new switch yet but I want to make sure i understand what I’m doing and don’t lose anything when I do this. i was thinking it’d be better for me to start over in NH and keep my old island on my switch lite Just not sure how that would work and if i’d need a separate online membership or if it could share the same account still and one just be my main switch. and if i could trade with the other island still

Update on my question from the other day; if I decided to keep my island on my current switch, would I need a separate nintendo online account to trade between the two switches?
I don’t think so, since you can just play locally.

Thanks so much! I’m still confused about how i can transfer all my games and everything but my data for Acnh and have the same account on both switches since the data for my animal crossing is registered under the account i’ll be using still for the other switch. But i might be overthinking 😅. I guess I’ll find out when I need to.

When do you get to the point where you can decide on what nickname a villager can call you? I wanna know, because I remember I declined a villager's nickname suggestion and nothing happened. And then, months later, I saw this random video where Raymond was calling the player "my ex" and I thought this was something they made up for him.

When do you get to the point where you can decide on what nickname a villager can call you? I wanna know, because I remember I declined a villager's nickname suggestion and nothing happened. And then, months later, I saw this random video where Raymond was calling the player "my ex" and I thought this was something they made up for him.
First off, LOL at "my ex". That's so Raymond.

Second, it's mostly random. While you do have to build up a certain friendship level for the villager to call you a nickname, change their catchphrase, give a greeting and so on, such requests come in due time. Yes, denying a nickname suggestion may result in the villager not requesting you to make one for them. Personally, I'd rather for them to always ask, but it is what it is.

I wish I could give you a better answer, but all I can suggest is to keep building the friendship. Gift them non-native wrapped fruit bundles, use Katrina, and talk to them three times at minimum daily.

Just curious, are normal villagers harder to kick off than other personalities? I've had Bea forever, and I've been trying to kick her off by hitting her with a net, not ever talking to her, etc. and yet she still doesn't have the thought bubble. EVER. It's really annoying me 😖😖😖

Just curious, are normal villagers harder to kick off than other personalities? I've had Bea forever, and I've been trying to kick her off by hitting her with a net, not ever talking to her, etc. and yet she still doesn't have the thought bubble. EVER. It's really annoying me 😖😖😖
No, they’re all the same. Villagers may be harder to move out generally because you have high friendship points with them in general. If you don't know what I am talking about, there's a guide for moving out villagers here. I think you should check it out.

No, they’re all the same. Villagers may be harder to move out generally because you have high friendship points with them in general. If you don't know what I am talking about, there's a guide for moving out villagers here. I think you should check it out.
Thank you! I took a look and I think I might be able to move Bea out today!

Back