• Current Championship Time (EDT)

Tournament Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Tournament) - Finished!

~Kilza~

The 🎮 Moderator
Staff
Squirtle Squad
Bells
Inky
Space Whale Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Space Whale Plush
S.S. Dolphin
Red Star Fragment
Golden Easter Egg
Enchanted Bloom
Golden Easter Egg
Red Star Fragment
SSBU-Comp2.png

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament

The final results can be seen in this post!

Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship Super Smash Bros. Ultimate single-elimination tournament! Choose your fighters and step into the ring to battle your way to the top! Who will rise to glory and take home the TBTWC Smash Ultimate Championship title?

How it Works 🌟

As a single-elimination tournament, you will face others in best-of-three, one-on-one sets of matches to advance in the bracket. A defeat will result in elimination and you will no longer be able to advance in the tournament.

The semi-finals, bronze match, and grand finals will be best-of-five matches.

For each set of matches, once sign-ups close and the tournament begins, you will be responsible for coordinating a time to play your opponent and report the results within 48 to 72-hours of your matchup(s) going live. Otherwise, one or both players will be disqualified from the rest of the tournament unless it can be proven that attempts to schedule were made or a reasonable time extension is requested (up to an additional 24-hours). All matchups will be posted in this thread when they become available with each challenger pinged. You may connect with your opponent by visitor message, private message, or anywhere else convenient for both players.

Please do not arrange times for your matches within this thread.

We aim to have all matches completed within two weeks. Bronze Match and Grand Finals must be played with the results reported by Sunday, June 2 at 11:59 PM EDT.

How to Submit 🌟

1. Take screenshots of the results screens of the matches against your opponent that includes your in-game name.
  2. Make a new thread in the Games Lobby Point Submissions board.
  3. Select Smash Bros. (Tournament) in the 'Game Event' dropdown, your team in the 'Team' field, and input what Round # it was (1-5) in the "Round (Tournaments Only)" field
  4. In the body of the thread, include the following:
    • The result of your matches (i.e. "I won 2-1 against Mairmalade")
    • The aforementioned screenshots of the results screens from your matches.

Tournament Rules 🌟

All matches will be one-on-one. All characters are allowed and you may switch your character in-between games if you wish. The following rules will apply:
  • Single elimination
  • No stage hazards
  • Three stocks, seven-minute timer, set of best-of-three matches (see the first paragraph under 'How it Works' for exceptions)
  • No items
  • Only vote on stage(s) from the permitted stages below. You may use Stage Striking rules or the Gentleman's Agreement (any of the below stages may be played so as long as both players agree)
  • Each player must complete their set(s) and report the results within 48 to 72 hours of their matchup becoming available unless good reason is provided for a time extension (up to 24-hours) OR evidence is provided that attempts to schedule were made without response. Otherwise, one or both players will be disqualified from the tournament at the staff's discretion
  • There will be zero tolerance for poor sportsmanship, which may be expressed by repeatedly boasting about victories, constant complaining, trash-talking, or overly aggressive behavior. Please make all players feel welcome.

Permitted Stages

Starter stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Town & City

Counter picks:
Kalos Pokémon League
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi’s Story

Point & Prize Structure 🌟

Activity
Points Awarded
Placement Prizes
Per set completed in the SSBU Tournament5N/A
Per set won in the SSBU Tournament5N/A
Coming in third place in the SSBU Tournament5
54.jpg
Third Place Trophy collectible
100 bells
Coming in second place in the SSBU Tournament10
52.jpg
Second Place Trophy collectible
150 bells
Coming in first place in the SSBU Tournament15
53.jpg
First Place Trophy collectible
200 bells

How to Sign-Up 🌟

Please sign-up by replying to this thread with the form below by Sunday, May 19 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Code:
[B]In-Game Name:[/B]
[B]Nintendo Switch Friend Code:[/B]
[B]Time Zone:[/B]
[B]Best Available Times for Matches:[/B]
[B]Best Way to Contact Me:[/B]
[B]TBTWC Team:[/B]

Sign-ups are now closed!

Tournament Participants & Bracket 🌟

Tournament Participants

A list of participating players will be shown in the spoiler tag below.

Tournament Bracket
The bracket is available on Challonge by clicking here

Let the games begin!
🏆

Last edited:
In-Game Name: Halloqueen
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4101-6851-2729
Time Zone: EST (TBT's forum time)
Best Available Times for Matches: Evening/Night, but just reach out whenever and we'll figure it out.
Best Way to Contact Me: Send a PM here on the forums so Cephalobot will notify me on Discord.
TBTWC Team: 1

In-Game Name: Justin
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 5541-6270-4438
Time Zone: EST
Best Available Times for Matches: pretty much anytime 8am-10pm weekdays
Best Way to Contact Me: PM on here
TBTWC Team: Team 1

In-Game Name: Merielle
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1708-1067-1998
Time Zone: EDT
Best Available Times for Matches: typically anywhere from 9am-7pm, any day, assuming no prior gaming session commitments
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT DMs!
TBTWC Team: Team 4!

In-Game Name: Yanrima
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0559-6214-2705
Time Zone: EST (been going with the forum time for some time now)
Best Available Times for Matches: 5pm to 9pm
(it's the times I'm awake because it's morning in my area during these times. ex. 5PM is 5AM in mine.)
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT PM's
TBTWC Team: Team 2

In-Game Name: Venn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0352-6128-5525
Best Available Times for Matches: After 12PM on Weekends, 2-4PM, then 6-9PM During Weekdays
Best Way to Contact Me: Send me a PM, or contact me on Discord @ Venn11x (TBT Preferred at first)

In-Game Name: ArtyJoyful
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6569-5549-2287
Best Available Times for Matches: anywhere from 8AM to 7PM
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT DMs

In-Game Name: Keeby
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8301-8235-7817
Best Available Times for Matches: Any time.
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT PMs and Discord DMs
TBTWC Team: Team 3

In-Game Name:Dim
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-8579-5303-4501
Time Zone:EDT
Best Available Times for Matches:Typically Afternoon-Night
Best Way to Contact Me:Message me here or discord!
TBTWC Team:3

In-Game Name: Dragonfly
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 5613-8122-6624
Best Available Times for Matches: Late evenings are best for me. 9:30 PM-12 AM EDT is the ideal time, but I understand that may be late for folks so I can work with other times if needed.
Best Way to Contact Me: PM or Discord
TBTWC Team: 3

Also... I just noticed that the description of the tournament says it's single elimination, but the Tournament Rules say it's double elimination. I'm guessing that the single elimination is the correct one? (sorry, not meaning to nitpick, just want to make sure!)

Also... I just noticed that the description of the tournament says it's single elimination, but the Tournament Rules say it's double elimination. I'm guessing that the single elimination is the correct one? (sorry, not meaning to nitpick, just want to make sure!)
Oops, I thought I replaced all the instances of double elimination with single elimination, but I guess I missed one! It is planned to be single elimination, yeah!

In-Game Name: Chambleton
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6520-7202-7439
Best Available Times for Matches: Fairly flexible, can work with windows like 11:00am-3:00pm EDT, 7:00pm-12:00am EDT, etc.
Best Way to Contact Me: PM preferred, but can Discord if requested
TBTWC Team: 4

In-Game Name: Riley
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1119-7626-0996 (in my sidebar as well)
Time Zone: US CST
Best Available Times for Matches: After 7 or 8 p.m. on weekdays, as my schedule is going to be fairly busy during this event. If it's the weekend then anytime after 3 p.m. is generally good.
Best Way to Contact Me: DM me!
TBTWC Team: Team 4

In-Game Name: Quinn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:2944-5199-8685
Time Zone: GMT +8
Best Available Times for Matches: Weekday evenings or night, Sunday afternoon (In my timezone)
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT or discord

In-Game Name: Mr.Fox
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3595-1384-0319
Best Available Times for Matches: Weekdays: Nights, Weekends: Flexible
Best Way to Contact Me: PMs
TBTWC Team: 3

Last edited:
In-Game Name: Fox
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3495-4254-8608
Time Zone: ET
Best Available Times for Matches: Afternoons 12-5pm, after 9pm
Best Way to Contact Me: here :) I’m on discord too
TBTWC Team: Team 4

In-Game Name: Blue
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1344-5835-2510
Best Available Times for Matches: Weekdays/Saturday (Any time after 2PM-10PM-Wish I could do more but I'm at work for the rest! Sunday Anytime-flexible)
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT or discord
TBTWC Team: Team 2

In-Game Name: ribbitbon
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6620-4200-0549
Best Available Times for Matches: with the exception of wednesdays and thursdays generally i’m around 2-8pm everyday, i might be able to do earlier but just double check ahead of time ^^
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT

Everybody who's posted up to this point has been entered!

Remember that you have 8 more hours (until 11:59 PM EDT) to sign-up for this tournament!

In-Game Name: digimon
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6775-6293-0897
Time Zone: EST (technically EDT cause daylight savings)
Best Available Times for Matches: anytime after 5pm on weekdays + weekends are more much flexible (i'm out running errands sometimes on weekends but i can block off a time to play if i know before hand)
Best Way to Contact Me: PM on TBT or discord
TBTWC Team: team 4

Last edited:
Back