• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mafia General Thread 4.0

I may create a rough draft of a potential game for me to host in the future (I feel I could be a very willing host compared to actually playing), though I want to substitute killing for a way less violent alternative as it'll likely involve AC characters. Could I deviate from that in any way or does it have to remain strictly "mafia kills town"?

I may create a rough draft of a potential game for me to host in the future (I feel I could be a very willing host compared to actually playing), though I want to substitute killing for a way less violent alternative as it'll likely involve AC characters. Could I deviate from that in any way or does it have to remain strictly "mafia kills town"?
you could make it like a survival show and kick them off the island if they get voted?

Doesn't have to be kill at all.

I've seen a lot of games where the voted or night killed players were just disqualified or removed from the game. (E.g., paintball imposter game where the people are "out" because they got hit by paint. The votes are people agreeing whose fault they think it was and pelting them with paintballs to disqualify them.)

The only requirement is to create a flavour where the people removed are either disqualified or otherwise prevented from participating. (Survivor island is another alternative style. The limit is up to your imagination on how to craft such an environment.)

you could make it like a survival show and kick them off the island if they get voted?
Doesn't have to be kill at all.

I've seen a lot of games where the voted or night killed players were just disqualified or removed from the game. (E.g., paintball imposter game where the people are "out" because they got hit by paint. The votes are people agreeing whose fault they think it was and pelting them with paintballs to disqualify them.)

The only requirement is to create a flavour where the people removed are either disqualified or otherwise prevented from participating. (Survivor island is another alternative style. The limit is up to your imagination on how to craft such an environment.)
One thing I had in mind involves the characters riding on a cross-country train rather than being on an island. There are thieves on board, and in order for them to steal and keep loot, they must invade the innocent riders' sleeper cabins while they sleep, open their personal emergency door, push them out, and dip. Doing it all at once would raise eyebrows, which is why mafia would do it one rider per night. It is the job of all the riders to figure out who the mafia is, and once someone is voted off, the corrupt conductor tosses them from the train. Tossing wouldn't kill anyone, but since it's a train that doesn't stop, ejected players are simply left behind with no way to catch back up (unless they have a hidden random role of some sort which isn't revealed until after ejection). It's a rough description, but it could work without resorting to killing.

If I can't think of anything good, I may just stick with the traditional "mafia kills" approach, but use a different set of characters from another series or theme. Killing would definitely not work with AC characters. That's super wrong.

The wiki. Correct me if I am misremembering and if you bring it back edit my page to say "Geoni is a player of TBT mafia who is always mafia. Kill him on site if you encounter him in your game."
oh the wiki is missing, it got deleted for being inactive too long i think

Back