What Are You Happy About Today?

I had a fantastic day at work! 👨‍🔬
👞 I wore my new shoes to work and a colleague noticed they were new!​
🫣 Another colleague felt the need to tell everyone he saw my partner and I participating in traditional dance on Friday night (he was playing the violin at the venue). Half-mortified but also half-appreciated the teasing. I've a different background to my colleagues so I guess I appreciate the acknowledgement that I'm doing more to respect the culture than just learning the language! 😂
🧪 I spent the morning diluting large volumes of concentrated hydrochloric and sulphuric acids. Not the safest job, but it turns out before I joined the team they were just ordering it already diluted... which is costly. The budget is closed right now and I have the training to make it myself so why not? It's the first time I attempted this on a large scale (2.5L of each) and no incidents! Pretty proud of myself for this.​
🧪 The student teacher came searching for me in the afternoon for feedback on the practical she was designing for tomorrow. We worked together on improving that and she sincerely thanked me after. She also told me that she and the chemistry teacher are planning to come to me tomorrow for help with another practical that they can't get working. It is really good to feel that people respect your skill and judgement. I feel valued in my workplace. 😊

My partner didn't have the best day at work, so I invited her out for a quick drink before we went home. I listened to her vent and then we bought ingredients to bake a lemon and blueberry cake together. It came out amazing. While it was baking I made her dinner. She said that this evening helped a lot and that she was feeling close to me after. 🍋 🍰
The plan for the rest of the evening is to relax in front of the TV with an episode of Shōgun. I'm really enjoying this show. :D

went with my sibling to get a haircut!! lady that cut it was so cool and was a super chill time. my sibling handled all the chat too 😌

also they made real good soup for lunch (butternut squash, celery, sweet potato and i think maybe carrots??). very yompog slay. will probably watch some more masterchef with everyone later too ;u;

- my partner is receiving an award from school so I went shopping trying to find a decent shirt to wear. No luck this time but I found a nice shirt for my mom to wear when her friends come over this weekend.

- I am still playing stardew valley even though the update was over a month ago. It gets repetitive but I find it peaceful

- I'm making a beef stew for dinner tonight. The stuff is already all in the pot, now it's just gotta sit there and cook for the next 6-7 hours

- it was my cat Finnicks 12th birthday last week. He looks great for an older cat. Here he is relaxing in the pampas grass, isn't he dreamy
1000000141.jpg

The rain stopped and the weather felt more pleasant today, and fortunately for me I've retained the energy to exercise some more. Anyways, while I was riding my bike I saw a huge, white, strangely shaped bird fly around and just as I got near my neighbor's shed, it landed right in front of me. It was a crane! I've never seen one before! I tried to get up close to it with my phone but unfortunately it flew away before I can move at all, also my phone's camera quality suuuucks. I hate how I can't afford to get a better one!
IMG_1653.jpeg
IMG_1655.jpeg

I honestly love seeing animals, especially rare ones I usually never see. Nature really is a beautiful thing, especially in person.

Today was another good day 🙂.

I went island hopping today in ACNH and invited Lopez; he’s a villager that I’ve been interested in since NL 🙂.

I had fun putting together two funny outfits and doing a little photoshoot. I just started trying to put together more funny outfits when I was still part of a group that did funny things when we hung out. I was cut from that but a few years ago but I decided to still do these anyways. I just ordered some clothes today and I plan on keeping some more in my storage; still need to clean up my storage of other items though 😅.

i can’t believe how much of the 2.0 items I was doing while doing the photoshoot. Note to self to update my list on the database site and check in game what I have; I keep procrastinating 😅.

I’m still waiting to hear back from a friend, but will share these in the screenshot thread along with my house designs once I do 🙂.

Edit: Hit send before I was finished 😅

Spanky snuggled with me under the blankets today for a little when I was sleeping and she kept licking me 😅☺️; hard to sleep when she was doing that 😅😹. I love her so much 🥰

It’s still early and may have more to post about later 🙂.

Last edited:
I’ve started finding mythical-rarity critters, shells, and fish in Cozy Grove!! Also cooked up a ton of new foods for Billweather’s collections. And a lot of my animals have been growing up too, including my spectral kitty!! ;w; who might be my favorite bc she’s so easy to please shhh don’t tell my other spirit cats

Worked a little more on my current art piece! Didn’t get a ton done with it since it was a busy day, but I fixed up the sketch to my liking at least! (liquify/mesh transform/scale/rotate tools my beloveds)

My parents and I watched SmallishBeans’ new Hermitcraft episode this evening!

I finished my work today even though I did have to work a bit of overtime to do so. After work, I ran into my aunt at the grocery store. It was nice to chat for a minute with no real agenda. Lately, I feel like we only talk when things are going wrong. Also, a random stranger complimented my hair.

@oak Happy Birthday to Finnicks! He's a lovely cat and I hope he had a great day!

The rain stopped and the weather felt more pleasant today, and fortunately for me I've retained the energy to exercise some more. Anyways, while I was riding my bike I saw a huge, white, strangely shaped bird fly around and just as I got near my neighbor's shed, it landed right in front of me. It was a crane! I've never seen one before! I tried to get up close to it with my phone but unfortunately it flew away before I can move at all, also my phone's camera quality suuuucks. I hate how I can't afford to get a better one!
View attachment 559176View attachment 559177

I honestly love seeing animals, especially rare ones I usually never see. Nature really is a beautiful thing, especially in person.
That's so cool! What a beautiful bird! It must have been amazing to see in person.

There was something I discovered a few days ago that left me feeling really down. Don’t want to get into much detail, and it made me fall into anxiety a few times too. 😞 I really hope things don’t escalate further at the end of this month… And because of this, it’s made me appreciate the smaller things more that made me happy, even if it only lasted for a moment.

May 3, 2024 to May 6, 2024
  • My mother and I bought a new laptop for myself that was on sale! Considering its specs and price, I feel like we got a good deal out of it saving us a few hundred dollars! Time to replace my old one that had its hard drive go kaput. 💻
  • I spoke to my manager after work one day during the weekend. I needed someone to talk to and my situation was weighing me down. Long story short, I appreciate her understanding and even offered to drive me back home which I accepted. Bless her heart. 🥺
  • Feel free to skip this point. While I was talking to my manager, I spotted an Aston Martin DB11 again. Haven’t seen it since last year and am honestly surprised that it was in thick traffic of all places.
  • On a separate day at work, I took the initiative to replace a serpentine belt on a car with the help and supervision from one of my coworkers. Despite the heavy assistance, I felt really good about it since I’ve only done it once or twice (also with supervision) prior to this one. It also gave me a huge boost of happiness when my coworkers told me “you’re ****ing good!” in an uplifting tone after we double checked everything was working properly. I really needed that. 😭
  • Feel free to also skip this point. Yesterday was a pleasant day with sunny skies all around. While all of these cars I’ll be mentioning have already been spotted prior, it still made me happy due to the fact that there were quite a fair number of them out and about. Anyways, the cars I spotted were the Mazda Miata (ND), a Porsche 911 (993), and a Toyota GR86. Oh, but that doesn’t include the fact that I also spotted four different generations of the Chevrolet Corvette on the same day which were the C8, C3, C4, and the C6! It’s a bit amusing how the Corvettes I saw were in primary colours.
  • I was looking through the Hotwheels section as per usual and saw a DMC Delorean hidden behind the other cars. I didn’t take a picture but it does look a lot like this (may also try to recreate a livery of this in Gran Turismo 7 someday!). I immediately thought of my sister as she was with me at the time and gave it to her so she can buy it. I’m glad I made her happy. 😊
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and some of the time was spent doing this glitch where wedging your car in an off-road ditch on one of the tracks would sometimes cause you to get launched up into the air or do barrel rolls with varying results. I genuinely got a few laughs out of it. That’s “The Real Driving Simulator” for you, and I like occasionally taking a stab at the game’s slogan despite being a longtime fan of the series. 🤣
May 7, 2024
  • It was actually my first day back at college starting yet another semester… Apparently, the morning class was cancelled, so I got to relax for a good while and talking to one of my classmates!
  • With the huge extra time on my hands before next class, I watched the 2024 Japanese Grand Prix! Yes, I’m playing catch-up since the 2024 Miami Grand Prix happened over the weekend, but hey, I witnessed some good overtakes, including a couple in places on the track that would be very tricky to do otherwise! 🏎️
  • I went to a dollar store to buy myself some chips. While I was at it, I was looking at you guessed it, Hotwheels lol. This is one of the greatest finds I’ve ever had despite having a few opportunities to buy it in the past (they were a little too expensive to justify a purchase in other stores). In fact, this is something that @/Xara and @/LadyDestani must know! You two might already know what it is lol.
1956 Chevrolet Corvette C1 that was featured in the Barbie Movie! And because of this purchase, this makes the first car in my collection after almost two years of starting my Hotwheels journey to have a pink colour scheme!
8ED6F06B-216D-4ABA-B1B2-7EFDD704EDC9.jpeg
  • I went for a walk after classes had finished. It was yet again sunny skies and also fairly warm. I also took a slightly different route on the way home, so it felt nice seeing a few places I’ve never been to before, including a mall!
  • I had to make a quick stop to a library to print out something. While I was there, I noticed a rainbow flag and a transgender flag at one of the information desks. I like vibrant colours, okay lol. 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️
  • I finished the rest of the apple pie leftovers that my mom made last week. Still tastes amazing. 😋
  • I played Oracle of Seasons and made good progress on my adventures! I even managed to remember the secret on how to get a sword upgrade to the noble sword which meant I didn’t need to do the trading quests after all. 😅 Anyways, I really loved the soundtrack that played in this one area of the game as it already resonated with me back when I was very young playing this game. The soundtrack of the Oracle games in general are really underrated despite the Gameboy limitations.
Tarn Ruins
8E4282DE-AC81-4BD5-843C-AD83CAB901C5.jpeg

3584C6FF-A2B0-40D5-A649-596AEDF324D8.jpeg
  • Talking to @/xSuperMario64x over on discord. I chat with him often already, but with my current hardships, I appreciate him a lot more as a friend listening to my vents and comforting me. 💜

I’ll try to keep myself together. I’m sure things will pass eventually… 😥

• I went to a dollar store to buy myself some chips. While I was at it, I was looking at you guessed it, Hotwheels lol. This is one of the greatest finds I’ve ever had despite having a few opportunities to buy it in the past (they were a little too expensive to justify a purchase in other stores). In fact, this is something that @/Xara and @/LadyDestani must know! You two might already know what it is lol.
undefined
Nice find! I used to have a Barbie Corvette when I was a kid, the version big enough for Barbie to sit in. It was the C4, though, and it was silver instead of pink. Maybe that's where my love of Corvettes first began. 🤔

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling right now. I'm glad you're still able to be happy about some things and I hope for the best in whatever you're dealing with.

Back