• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Wheel of Time

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Gold Hybrid Rose
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
The first three episodes of Wheel of Time went up on Prime Video on November 19th. Who else is watching?

My girlfriend has been talking about this adaptation for months so we watched all three episodes right-away. So far we're both really enjoying it - and I've accepted that we are probably going to end up with a dog named Egwene. 😂

NB: Even though this TV show is based on an old book series, please be careful to (a) use spoiler tags where appropriate and (b) clearly mark any spoilers relating to content that has not yet been aired because not everyone will have read the books. Thank you!

I just started it. I've only watched the first episode so far and I haven't read the books so I can't discuss much at the moment, but I'll be sure to check back in once I've caught up to what has aired.

So far, I'm really liking it. If I enjoy it enough, I'll probably end up picking up the book series later on.

I think Egwene would make an adorable name for a dog!

I did not read the books and usually don’t get into series like this. I will give it a chance, however. I remember maybe 4 years ago someone made me watch the first episode of GoT after a night out and I didn’t get it. I rewatched much later and binged the entire series in May 2018 in order to watch the final episode live. I got extremely hooked. I used the wiki summaries to make sure I was understanding the first few episodes, and then beyond that I was all in. It’s too bad they rushed the ending of that show, but I will check this out. I’ve learned I can be surprised by what I might like.

I'm now caught up through episode 4 and I'm loving it! I can't say for sure who my favorite character will be yet, but one that caught my eye early on was Nynaeve and after this episode I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about her.

I have yet to see this show but I'm planning on watching it when I finish work next week so I can fully concentrate on it, also it's great to hear good things about it as I feel like a lot of new shows that come out are over-hyped and turn out to be disappointing in the end. Also I can't not love a show that involves witchcraft with Game of Thrones vibes thrown in as well.

Back