• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

1/1 Year Challange?

It's so cool seeing all of your ideas guys :D
I still.. have.. nothing XD

Had any ideas, Kit?

I'm thinking I would like to get perfect apples in another town. I always have cherries and they're my current town fruit in Laputa so it'd be nice to have alternative perfect fruit in two towns. I'm also thinking of resetting to get square grass so I can get star snow as that's my favourite. I used to always want triangle grass and star snow in the last two games (and got it) until the developers changed it for NL.

I've been thinking of naming my new town Chestnut (like it says in my signature below) but as time goes on i start to like the name less and less

Soo.... I created my 2nd town today rather than on Jan 1st.

I thought about it and I really wanted to be able to play my town fully on Jan 1st as, with days off at work, that's not always possible. And the thought of just map rolling until I found something on that day wasn't exactly what I think of as fun.

So today, the town of Fitzrova was created, presided over by Mayor Vanessa! Starter villagers are; Tia, Cranston, Penelope, Sly and Del. Town fruit is cherries.

WVW69itoYFwxUvMBDe.jpgWVW69itoZRISjDxmhE.jpg

Last edited:
Since my replacement to a broken 3DS broke, I'm going to finally use the downloaded copy on my first 3DS that I never really played on. Might just start today but set the day to 1/1. :lemon: I think the project will be interesting...

Now my broken 3DS serves as a lovely stand for my Lottie amiibo. :3

Last edited:
i will restart one of my towns soon... maybe even today xD
but i will set the date to 1/1 c:
i will TT tho... cause i am so impatient xD
i just cant decide for a town theme. first i wanted to do a dragonball town because i love that anime but i am not sure anymore :/
i kinda just want to do a farm town with fields and these farm pwps but idk. and i dont know a name for it xD
argh why is this so hard!

I reset my second copy and got a map I really like after only fifteen minutes or so. Got a blue train station and apples as well! But I'm not sure yet if I'll really do a year challenge. I'll keep an eye on this thread, though; it's always fun to read about other people's towns and how they play! ^_^

I'm planning on resetting on new years day. Hoping this town will be nicer.

I'm just going to pretend I reset on 1/1 with all of you guys ;) It's taking a little while to finish rounding out my dreamies, but hopefully I'll have the last two over the next couple days and I'll be able to finally start working on the town itself. It feels so strange to really PLAY the game, for me, when I'm still shuffling villagers in and out, so once everything is settled I can get to work on Alseides for real~

Yes! I hadn't seen any threads like this, so I had logged into the site to start a thread about the One Year Challenge when I saw this thread. I will SURE join this challenge! My town will be called Sunrise, because I've been making major changes in my life, so this town will be a representation of that, and my mayor will be called Nina - that's my real life name. How will you guys do it? Will you start your town right after the New Year begins (and, of course, after celebrating with your friends or family) or will you wait until the morning? I'll probably do the first one, since I'll want to celebrate the New Year with my new animal friends :)

Edit: Or maybe I'll name my town Shambhala, just like the secret Buddhist paradise! Well, I still have three days to decide. However, the Shambala option feels more personal to me :)

Last edited:
A couple of thoughts after having played for an hour or so in Fitzrova;

Man, I've forgotten how tedious the tutorial dialogue is.
My villagers started asking me to do chores for them pretty much straightaway. I don't remember this from when I started Laputa at all.
I'm really enjoying having a town with a reversed map. It's almost like an extension of Laputa. I originally wanted to have apples as town fruits but having cherries in both towns is actually helping me to get used to it. How weird is that.

so i started to map reset now c:
my town will be called Sunside and the mayor is called Dawn. I already have an idea of two side characters
i am really picky with maps tho. it might take a while xD

so i started to map reset now c:
my town will be called Sunside and the mayor is called Dawn. I already have an idea of two side characters
i am really picky with maps tho. it might take a while xD

Good luck! I'm picky with maps too but I always try to pick one from the 4 Rover gives me just to get a feel for the town.

It took me a lot of thought, but I have decided to reset. My current town is the only town I've ever had after I got my 3ds and a copy of the game just over a year ago. It was a hard decision, but my town was just not doing it for me.

The theme of my town will be pretty/pink/cute. I'm keeping all of my bells, hybrids and furniture items, so it's not a complete restart.

I am tossing up with the names Pearl and Topaz for a town name. The one that I don't choose might be the name for my second character, since I will name my mayor after myself. I considered naming my mayor something else, but I did that last time, and since I do quite a bit of online activity, it just gets annoying to have to explain to everyone my name.

I quite like the name Pearl as a town name, but I'm not sure whether Topaz would sound good as a character name.

Anyway, good luck with your towns everyone!

I restarted not long ago and I'd like to go along with this on my own at least!

Back