• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

1/1 Year Challange?

I'm thinking of getting a second cart and start a second town too. Maybe a cycling town? Can you play on town 1 and visit town 2 or do you need 2 separate 3DS to be able to do that?

I'm thinking of getting a second cart and start a second town too. Maybe a cycling town? Can you play on town 1 and visit town 2 or do you need 2 separate 3DS to be able to do that?

2 separate ones unfortunately

I wasn't able to take part in this last year, but I'm all aboard for this one if there's enough participation. Maybe we should set up a thread for 2016?

We could each make little town cards and have mini challenges/pen pal letters throughout the weeks. Could be really fun :)

I've restarted my town and living in the town of Rosemoor now. I'm going for a nature themed town rather than modern.

Once 12AM (January 1st) hits, I'm going to start the long process of getting a town layout I like. I'm going to be stuck with it for a year, so I got to make it count. XD

Once 12AM (January 1st) hits, I'm going to start the long process of getting a town layout I like. I'm going to be stuck with it for a year, so I got to make it count. XD

I'm so picky about this lol it will take me hours to do it!

I wasn't able to take part in this last year, but I'm all aboard for this one if there's enough participation. Maybe we should set up a thread for 2016?

We could each make little town cards and have mini challenges/pen pal letters throughout the weeks. Could be really fun :)
Aww! That sounds like such a cute idea <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aww! That sounds like such a cute idea <3
Edit, I'm updating the front post

Augh.. the more I think about it, the more I'm not looking forward to spending 2+ hours looking for a good town layout... but it needs to be done.

Last edited:
Augh.. the more I think about it, the more I'm not looking forward to spending 2+ hours looking for a good town layout... but it needs to be done.

Neither am I but it's worth the grind because then you don't have to worry about it ^_^
Or be annoyed by that one rock in the wrong places that messes up your entire town layout for a whole year...
Oh sorry just reminiscing.

Ugh rocks. I make sure to settle on a map only if there's 2-5 ponds. Ponds I can work with...rocks not so much.

Neither am I but it's worth the grind because then you don't have to worry about it ^_^
Or be annoyed by that one rock in the wrong places that messes up your entire town layout for a whole year...
Oh sorry just reminiscing.

Oh, I know the feeling. There's always that one rock (or two, in some cases) that is just in the way, no matter what you do. I'm pretty sure every town is going to have at least one of these pesky things.

As for the Skype group, I probably will not be joining it. Skype is too insecure of a program for my liking. I will be around on the forums, of coarse.

Oh, I know the feeling. There's always that one rock (or two, in some cases) that is just in the way, no matter what you do. I'm pretty sure every town is going to have at least one of these pesky things.

As for the Skype group, I probably will not be joining it. Skype is too insecure of a program for my liking. I will be around on the forums, of coarse.

I dislike Skype as well so I'll be on the forums, too!

I haven't used Skype in a long time, but I remember it being alright a few years back. I only have it on my laptop now -- has it gotten that bad?

I usually use mumble if that's an option for anyone.

Last edited:
I haven't used Skype in a long time, but I remember it being alright a few years back. I only have it on my laptop now -- has it gotten that bad?

Let's just say that simply logging into Skype essentially leaks your IP Address to everyone can speak with you, if they know how to get it.

It's not bad at all from my experience but no one is required to join it, it's simply an option along with the forum thread ^_^
For those who dislike skype, would mumble work better? We can always move the IM's to a different platform if the majority agrees

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let's just say that simply logging into Skype essentially leaks your IP Address to everyone can speak with you, if they know how to get it.
Where did you hear this?
Edit-https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=how+to+steal+ip+addresses+from+skype&oq=how+to+steal+ip+addresses+from+skype&gs_l=hp.3...69445.76743.0.76889.47.42.3.0.0.0.279.4532.14j19j3.36.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..34.13.1843.0.TdyhXSzYwcU
Oh.. Yikes! Guess skype's out the window then
*searches for safer platforms*

Last edited:
How's everyone feeling about Mumble then?
Edit-As far as I know it's similar to TS, does it have a IM system & would it be something people would want to use for screenshots? (along with the thread, which should be the main screenshot-home thing)

Last edited:
How's everyone feeling about Mumble then?

I would recommend Discord.

It's fairly new and still in alpha, although it has some issues, but its still tonnes more secure than any other chat/text program out there.

Back