• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

10 years of iPhone

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
One of the most famous inventions of the last decade and current decade, the iPhone, has turned 10 years old today. Over the years, people enjoyed these touchscreen phones that you can play music on, play some games, and surf the internet. But as time progressed, we seen a lot of changes.

• 2007 - iPhone released. Original version didn't even have iTunes or the App Store. And more surprisingly, no home screen wallpaper. I didn't own one until 2009, so I don't know if you could watch movies or TV shows on the iPod app.
  • 2008 - iOS 2.0 released. Stuff like Mail and Maps have been improved. And the iTunes and App Store were introduced to the iPhone.
  • 2009 - iOS 3.0 released. Voice Memos introduced, you can copy and paste, and camera can record videos.
  • 2010 - iOS 4.0 released. You can now have a home screen background. Multitasking and spell check were introduced. And you can store apps into folders. We also see the introduction to Facetime and Game Center.
  • 2011 - iOS 5.0 released. iCloud, Newsstand, and Reminders were introduced. iPod broke into Music and Videos apps. Camera can be accessed through the lock screen. And many more app improvements. This was also the earliest version to have Siri, which was only present on some devices.
  • 2012 - iOS 6.0 released. The bad news was that Google Maps were replaced with Apple Maps. And the YouTube App was gone. But Settings had more features. And the weather app was able to see close-up detail on the weather for the day. And that's not all. You had a Passbook app, and the camera app can take panoramic photos.
  • 2013 - iOS 7.0 released. The biggest change to iOS history takes place here, and that would be the redesign of apps, banners, and text boxes, making them look more basic than retro. There was also a control center and a security passcode to open. Oh, and Airdrop too. The Weather app looked better visually, but the patch caused a lot of problems at launch.
  • 2014 - iOS 8.0 released. Cross-platform system of all Apple devices introduced. Weather and Camera app had even more improvements. And Spotlight Suggestions added.
  • 2015 - iOS 9.0 released. Proactivity and battery saving introduced. 3D touch added. Newsstand was replaced with Apple News. Notes was enhanced. Apple Maps were fixed. Photos had more folders. And I think this was the first version to have an emoji keyboard.
  • 2016 - iOS 10.0 released. Slide-to-Unlock was removed, Notification Center and Control Center improved. You can send texts with effects like balloons and fireworks. And there is still more.
I went over a bried history of what changes each version had, but there were more changes in each version than I named. The later the version, the more changes were made. And now iPhone is 10 years old! Happy anniversary!

iPhones are terrible imo. I had one for two years, and I was eternally grateful when my parents finally got me a Samsung Galaxy S7 back in November.

I had a iPhone 4S and when I got it, it had iOS 7. Well shortly after I got it I updated it to iOS 8, and I absolutely hated how they just had to change it so drastically before I could even get used to the darn thing. My friend has a iPhone 6+ and it has iOS 10, and that's even worse that what's on mine rn. So to this day, my iPhone still has iOS 8.1. :lemon:

But idk I guess some people like the overall design of the iPhone. I, for one, do not like the style of the new Galaxy S8, because the home button and the back/menu buttons are on the screen instead of the phone itself. I'm just tryin to stay as old fashioned as possible, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back