• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

100 Floors - Commentary (Part 2)

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Like I said before, I decided to write my opinions on each level on the mobile game of 100 Floors. Today’s entry is on the Main Tower, the first tower in 100 Floors. Each detail is an overall review of the five floors.

• The first five floors of the Main Tower seems to be more like tutorials on how to play. It all starts out with the first floor, where you simply press the green up button to advance to the next floor. Second floor emphasizes moving objects, collecting items, and placing collected items. The elevator buttons is broken, so it requires fixing by moving the trash can out of the way and revealing the missing green arrow. By the time you get to the third floor, you will begin to realize that the game is more than just tapping and swiping. It’s also about moving the device. You tilt left and right to open the doors. The fourth one is all about swiping and simultaneous motion. When you get there, you need to force the elevator doors open by holding onto both doors at once, sliding your fingers away. The fifth floor, there is a ladder in the way. To proceed further, you need to tilt the device towards you quickly.
  • The next five floors is when the tutorials are over, but they are still quite simple. Typically, the puzzles change as you go upwards. The sixth floor, is easy. You just need to move the right plant out of the way and tap all of the sun buttons. But you also need to use your skills from the previous floors to move the boulder onto the button, to feed the gorilla a banana, and to match the circle patterns to their corresponding corners. The last one in the first ten, you need to shake the device to wake up the snake, then slide your finger across the arrow. In my opinion, I thought the first five floors were cool, but after playing this game so many times, the next five floors are not as fun. In fact, they are my least favorite set of floors in the Main Tower
  • The third five floors is when it starts to get harder, but it still remains to be easy. My favorite floor in this section is Floor 13, where you tilt the device towards you to get the hammer and use it to break the brick wall. It's also the first level where an item you found is carried on for future levels until it is no longer needed. My least favorite is Floor 14, where you have to hold onto the hand screen for a few seconds due to it being the simplest one in this set. I would also like to let you know that Floor 15 isn't as hard as you think when you first play, but Floor 12 is more confusing than you think.
  • The fourth five floors is where the fun really begins. While you still have the hammer, you get another item you get to hold on for a while. Two actually. Out of all the floors in this section, Floor 16 would have to be the most confusing. Even if you remove the panel, the doors still won't open. If you don't turn the device upside down at the minute, you can't go any further (unless if you use the level key item, which you have only two to begin with). Floor 17 wouldn't be hard to figure out if you know what the lines mean. Floors 19 and 20 would have to be the best in this section, while 18 is the worst.
  • The last set of levels in the first quarter of the Main Tower isn’t all that great. However, that’s when it starts to get smarter. You have to test for sounds, or even use associations to other definitions. Floor 22 is a good example of this. Once you break the statue, you will see the word NEWS. If you find the acronym and related words to it, you will know which directions in which order to swipe the doors to get through. It’s also where position of the device matters, and when you start toggling lights.
  • The second half of the third 10 floors is more of a mixed bag. You have to use logic on one, correct position on another, and even checking the time of the device to go up. My favorite one would have to be Floor 26, where you have to use all six batteries with a total power of exactly 100 volts, which is calculated by addition and multiplication. Least favorite is Floor 28, but even that’s not as bad.
  • With the exception of Floor 33 (where you have to match the correct colors to the pictures that pop up), the first half of the fourth 10 floors is not all that enjoyable. Floor 31 brought my least favorite use of the screwdriver (as it starts going away after this point), and Floor 34 is both simple and confusing.
  • Floors 36 to 40 is when it starts to get difficult. Floor 36, not bad. You just need to use common sense on altitude of where objects normally are. Floor 37, you have to use your skills from previous levels to empty the buttons. The rest, if you aren’t good with timing or other common puzzles, you couldn’t proceed further. As I have to say, 100 Floors is more of a compilation of all the other video game puzzles I was familiar with. Lights out, slider puzzles, mazes, and even Puzzle League all made appearances in 100 Floors. It also has other mini-games, item collection and placement quests, and motion and setting sensitive levels. Typically, the difficulty of each puzzle is set to easy mode, but you have a whole bunch of different puzzles to solve as you climb to the top of a tower. The hardest in this section is Floor 39, where you have to highlight all 9 door dots in just 4 lines.
  • The next five floors didn’t start out too well since you had to use the motions and shapes outside each corner. But when it comes to the item usage ones, that’s when it gets better. My favorite one is Floor 45, where you want to get the balloon to touch the button at the top. The bad news is that the hammer, something you held onto since Floor 13, will disappear from your inventory since it’s no longer needed, but you will have another tool to hold on for a while, which is the knife.
  • Floors 46 to 50 are okay, but judging by the standards of the other floors in the Main Tower, they are not that good. My favorite one is Floor 50, where you have to repeatedly tap without taking breaks to open. Once the door is open, you may proceed to the second half of the Main Tower. I also liked the one where you had to count the number of flowers, and the one where you must complete the circuit. The Password one was just too cheap.

That’s it for Part 2 of my commentary. Now I’m going over what my favorites and least favorites of the first half.

Favorite Floor - Floor 45: This is the one where a glass door blocks the elevator. To open the door, you must have something holding onto the ceiling button. The balloon is the answer, but the air conditioner is blocking that button, and the ceiling has spikes. You have to break the air conditioner, cut the balloon free, and tilt the device to move it.
2nd Favortie Floor - Floor 26: To open the door to the elevator, you must get a value of 100 volts by using all six batteries. Have too much, and the bar is red. Have too little, and the bar is not complete. This one requires using addition and multiplication to figure the answer.
3rd Favorite Floor - Floor 19: The doors are dirty, and you need to clean it by using the rag on the floor. When the rag is in use, you must use your finger to wipe it, just like an actual rag.
Least Favorite Floor - Floor 41: To know which shapes go in which box, you need to know what path the bugs in the corresponding corners follow. The path draws a shape.
Favorite set of floors - Floors 16 to 20: Based on how good or bad the floors is, my least favorite floor in this section is out of the bottom five for the first half of the Main Tower, but my favorite one here is in my top three. Like I said, this is where the fun actually begins.
Least Favorite set of floors - Floors 6 to 10: These floors are not as bad based on how fun or stupid they are, but compared to the other set of floors, they are not as entertaining due to the simplicity. Granted, they aren’t too much like training, but it’s a lot like one step, you’re done. Almost no logic is needed to complete these levels, and you only need very little action.

Back