• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

100 Floors - Commentary (Part 3)

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Yesterday, I went over the first half of the Main Tower and what they are about. Today, it’s all about the second half of the Main Tower. This is when you finally get to the 100th Floor.

• The second half of the Main Tower starts out with some simple puzzles, yet at a higher difficulty than from the first half. The first one requires shading the tiles to make it look like the sword above the elevator. The next one is hitting buttons to change the code number. It is simple because that’s all you do. It’s easy because the level is Christmas-themed. The third one is kinda like the fourth five floors, but involves turning off the electricity to prepare to break the fence. 54 is punny and genius. And Floor 55 is a tricky puzzle involving position.
  • The next set of floors has my favorite level on the Main Tower, but it also has my least favorite level on the Main Tower. If you’re used to seeing how tricky the first couple floors are, you would know how to solve these pretty well (more particularly Floor 60). Floor 56 is my least favorite because of the Minesweeper gameplay. Floor 59 is my favorite because of its multi-step process. In here, you are in a frozen room, and you want to get out. The switch is frozen, and you have nothing to thaw it. The level also leaves you with another item you get to hold onto for a while - the torch. You will be using it each time you need to light something or create heat. It will ultimately disappear at Floor 20 of the Annex Tower, but you will no longer need it after Floor 85 of the Main Tower.
  • The 13th set of floors is becoming more like trickery. One of them (Floor 64) is hard, even if you know how to get out. The others can give you clues on how to complete. Take for instance, Floor 63. You can tilt to move the rock like in Floor 7, but when it covers one of the buttons, the answer of which panels to touch is revealed. Floor 65 is my favorite of this set because it’s another multi-step process, but it has two steps.
  • The 14th set of five floors seems to be more of a temple-like environment on the first three floors. One of these is even like a science lesson about plants. 68 and 69 focus on timing and precision. And 70 is the trickiest puzzle in the tower.
  • At this point, you are already getting higher. You don’t have as many floors to go up, but it’s gonna be a lot trickier. Floor 73 seems to be like a math maze. Floor 74 is like a memory test. And Floor 72 requires thinking outside the box.
  • The last quarter of the Main Tower starts at Floor 76, which is one of the trickiest slider puzzles ever. Floor 77 requires using analogies with a clock. Floor 78 literally requires using analogies with a cube. Floor 79 is about making the best match of the maze from above. And Floor 80 requires to think backwards when lighting the torches. Out of all of these floors, I like Floor 80 the best, but 76 is the worst.
  • Floors 81 to 85 is when it starts to get so tricky to the point where you would seriously need help. 83 and 84 aren’t so bad, but 81 is really tricky. 85 is kinda funny as the numbers represent which candle to work on and the color represents which tool you should use, between the knife and the torch.
  • Floors 86 to 90 is pretty much the showstopper for easier levels on the Main Tower. 86 isn’t that hard to figure out if you know the order of the numbers and the direction on when to get to the numbers. 87 and 88 are also easy if you can get one of the hats hanging below the vent on 88 and the bear out of the way on 87. But 89 and 90, they are tricky. I was able to understand the logic on Floor 22, but not so much on Floor 89. Floor 90 requires pressing a certain button for a certain amount of times. All three buttons are like that.
  • At Floor 91, you have came to a realization that you are almost there. The first one of the last ten levels requires using a brush to clean the paint on the bottom right hand, and you can see that the image is mirrored as if it rotated 180 degrees. 92 is really tricky as I hardly see any logic. 93 requires using timing. 94 requires positioning the lights like roman numerals. And 95 invovles association with the alphabet and tilting sideways.
  • At the final five, the puzzles on the Main Tower are not as good anymore. I dealt with a lot of fun puzzles, but at this point, the fun times have passed away. Floor 100 may be the floor of completion, but it’s my least favorite of the set. 99 uses volume controls to solve. And 98 and 97 uses a new type of puzzle solving you are unfamiliar with.

That’s it for Part 3 of my commentary. Now I’m going over what my favorites and least favorites of the second half.

Favorite Floor - Floor 59: To solve this, you want to thaw the controls. First step is to use the rock to break the glass, providing heat. Then you position the mirror to point at the bundle of sticks, thus starting a fire. Light a wood stick on fire, and use it to thaw the controls. Pull the lever, and you are on your way out.
2nd Favortie Floor - Floor 65: To open the door, you must put the wooden ball into the pipe. Then hold the torch to the fire alarm by tapping on both the stick and the alarm. The room will flood, making the wooden ball hold the button, thus granting you access to the next floor.
3rd Favorite Floor - Floor 80: Since the numbers are written backwards, you would realize that the fifth torch is on the left and the first torch is on the right. Light the torches in order from right to left. When you get to a decimal point, hit the decimal button. Repeat until you get to the end. Hit the decimal button to open the door.
Least Favorite Floor - Floor 56: To open the door, change each number to the number of adjacent flags in a 3x3 box.
Favorite set of floors - Floors 71 to 75: Every section of floors has at least one puzzle I do not like. However, there’s one that is not like that. Floors 71 to 75, as well as Floors 76 to 80 are the only two that have no bad levels. But I think 71 to 75 by average is better since it doesn’t have the tricky slider puzzle.
Least Favorite set of floors - Floors 91 to 95: While the first 10 floors are so simple to where there is no fun, 91 to 100 is where the fun times in the Main Tower are officially over. I never really enjoyed any of these puzzles at the top. But 91 to 95 would be the lesser of the two halves, especially Floor 92, which I absolutely don’t get.

Above all, my favorite floor in the Main Tower is Floor 59, my least favorite is Floor 56, the best set of floors is 16 to 20, and the worst set is 91 to 95. Tomorrow’s entry is going to be on the Annex Tower.

I feel like this is a lot of commentary just for one simple phone game.

Back