• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

120 NMTs...

fallenchaoskitten

Legendary Something or Other
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0970-8018-2613
Island
Wishdrop
Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
Gold Super Mailbox
Yoshi Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF MY DREAMIES
I have been grinding for tickets for DAYS.
I spent 12 consecutive HOURS island hoping.
AND NOT ONE OF MY DREAMIES SHOWED UP
Not the rabbit, not the cub, not the cat, not the deer, not the dog that is a runner up dreamie that I am thinking about (biskit)

Yes, yes I am mad about it.

At the very end I remembered my alt had her free island visit. The island had Skye, which is who I ended up going with.

I have screenshots of all of my visits for who I encountered... but my microSD card reader to comp isn't working and my new one won't be in for a few days.

But for now, the honorable mentions of my island hoping.
I have hopped about 70 islands before this, but I am not including them in my duplicate count for villagers

22 - Gruff - First duplicate villager of this run
28 - Audie - She isn't my dreamie, but I really should have stopped there....
30 - Soleil - dup
39 - Judy
40 - Dobie - dup
47 & 48 - WERE BOTH OCTAVIAN ON THE SAME STUPID ISLAND IN THE SAME STUPID SPOT
60 - Dobie - 3rd time...
69 - dup villager but didn't note who
75 - Marina - dp
76 - Dom
79- Tangy - the first time a cat villager appears... and it isn't business cat T^T
80 - Vic - dup
82 - Cranston - dup
83 - Mariana - 3rd time...
85 - Apple - dup
86 - Marian - FOURTH TIME
88 - Cyd
93 - Tom - my second cat! ... and not the cat i want...
95 - Punchy - another cat!? is that hope?!?
99 - My first time on tarantula island!
103 - Patty - dup
112 - Admiral - dup
114 - Reneigh - had a moment of "should i just stop and save my last tickets..." - bf: you've come this far so...
115 - Beau - dup
119 - Norma - dup
120 - Free ticket on Alt Character - Skye - adopted so I wouldn't end up with a rando move in

Do not comment telling me how the island RNG works. I know how the island RNG works. It's not helping. I had hope that I'd find at least ONE with 120 tickets ok.
Do not comment about trying the "campsite trick." I don't TT so Island hopping will literally take me just as long as that method. Trust me, if I TT'd I would have had all my dreamies last week. I know how to work the clock & RNG in my favor while TTing to where I'd have them.

So. Have you ever done a 100+ run in one sitting?
Any luck?

I also have come to the conclusion that anyone who says "WhY wOuLd AnYoNe SpEnD tHaT mAnY tIcKeTs On A ViLlAgEr AuCtIoN? ThEy CoUlD jUsT iSlAnD hOp To GeT ThEm WiTh ThAt MaNy TiCkEtS" clearly has never done a 75+ island hop in one sitting.

Now... If you don't mind me. I have things littered all over my island with my entire basement fool & much of main room filled with extra DIYs, and a completely full 1600 storage that I need to deal with...

Which dreamy are you looking for? If it's not Raymond, I may be able to help via amiibo.

Whew. That would be exhausting and a little frustrating. I have only done a 22 run and that was at the beginning to find Sherb because I like him in the lazy starter house and I like him. I'm saving up 100+ tickets to hopefully find Judy.

I'm sorry you wasted your time!

If I had dreamies I would definitely just buy their amiibo. I bought two amiibos on Etsy for £2 each few days ago. Way worth it! Time is precious and £2 is nothing!

How many dreamies were you looking for? According to your post it would be 5 and there are around 391 villagers at the moment if I remember correctly. If you know how RNG works, you know that for many species, especially cat and dog villagers who have like over 20 villagers, the chance of getting exactly the one you are looking for is <1%..
It's a bummer you didn't get who you wanted, but some people literally spend 500+ tickets and didn't have any luck, let's hope it's just a question of time until you get yours!

Which dreamy are you looking for? If it's not Raymond, I may be able to help via amiibo.
I'm sorry you wasted your time!

If I had dreamies I would definitely just buy their amiibo. I bought two amiibos on Etsy for £2 each few days ago. Way worth it! Time is precious and £2 is nothing!
I do have the Amiibo of Diana, Stitches, Coco, and Biskit.
I was specifically hunting for Raymond since it's not possible for me to get his amiibo. I'm just disappointed that I didn't even see any of them once either. It was pretty disheartening.

Whew. That would be exhausting and a little frustrating. I have only done a 22 run and that was at the beginning to find Sherb because I like him in the lazy starter house and I like him. I'm saving up 100+ tickets to hopefully find Judy.
Before this the highest run I did was about 26?
This was my first time running into Judy. I think she looks more unique in game than what the photos show. =3
I just wish she was peppy. Diana is my pastel snooty love. T^T

If it's an old villager, you can do the amiibo trick with a NFC card/sticker and a phone that has NFC. Youtube it if you want to know more.

audie and skye🥺 i’ve never done 100+ in one run as honestly, i don’t have the patience for that at all lmao

audie and skye🥺 i’ve never done 100+ in one run as honestly, i don’t have the patience for that at all lmao
This was actually the second time I have ran into Skye on the islands.
She is so adorable! I just wish islands could be bigger since Coco has stolen my heart and wins the place of my normal opening.

How many potential dreamies were you looking for? I'm pretty surprised you didn't find any of them!

My policy is that if I don't find a dreamie within 20 tickets, I'll just buy them from another player using my remaining NMT. Of course, none of my dreamies cost more than 20-40 tickets, so they're relatively easy to buy/win in an auction. (No Raymond or Marshall for me, thanks.)

Luckily I haven't had to do that yet, as I've been able to find all my dreamies thus far in 14 tickets or fewer.

I also have an amiibo of one of my dreamies that I can use in an absolute emergency to prevent a random move-in if I can't find one of my other favorites either on an island or on the villager trading board.

Before this the highest run I did was about 26?
This was my first time running into Judy. I think she looks more unique in game than what the photos show. =3
I just wish she was peppy. Diana is my pastel snooty love. T^T

Oh! Diana is a snooty? I always thought she was a peppy! That explains why she exploded in popularity in NL. That and deer villagers were completely new (right, I'm remembering that correctly?).

Sorry to hear about the bad rng :C

I remember using 50+ NMT in one session to search for dreamies and I thought that was a lot. Then I researched seeing people using like 300+ and still not getting their dreamies so I stopped myself there @___@;;

Over the space of 3 days I spent over 600 tickets to find the majority of villagers I wanted. I didn’t get to Raymond until right at the end. Still overall happy I decided to find him myself rather than participate in some of these crazy auctions

that sounds rough, sorry to hear that. i can't believe you found so many of the new villagers but not raymond! super unlucky :(

see, this worries me because I don't have the greatest luck; it's not bad, but it ain't good, either. I had a villager move out so I'm on the prowl for some dream villagers. I've only used 7 nmt, barely even got started, but I think so far I've seen a couple that I thought about bringing to my island, one of them being a deer.

on one hand, I'm thinking of trading tickets for a villager from a user, but people will charge SO MUCH. all I can say: don't give up just yet. come back to it after a bit of time passes; it'll make you feel rejuvenated and determined. I don't know if feng shui boosts your chances with villagers - I know it's helped me with finding more rare islands, but not by a lot, and it's been quite some time since I had a villager leave

My first serious villager hunt was an absolute mess, was hunting 13 villagers and it took me 181 tickets to find one (fauna)

Near the end I was in absolute disbelief and was selling items I didn’t want to sell to feed my addiction before time ran out. (Pagoda sells for 50 NMT????) Spent an entire day just island hopping it was so painful.

Last edited:
I spent a whole day island hopping and ended up with no one!! That was a week ago but i am still drained and dont have enough energy to do it again yet. At least you found someone you liked using your last ticket. I got Al in my last island and i wanted to cry!

Island hopping is a scam. Lol. I’m so traumatized by island hopping. When I started my game I got so lucky and only used about five tickets to recruit my 3rd to 5th villagers and they were all dreamies. Still got lucky for my 7th to 8th villagers who were also dreamies and found both of them again within five tickets. Come 9th and 10th, I blew about 200K miles and didn’t end up with a cranky or snooty. I wasn’t even looking for dreamies that time. Just a cranky and a snooty because that’s what I’m lacking in my island but nope. So I ended up getting randos for my last two slots. Randos I hated. So I made an exception to my no TT rule and decided to kick those two randos with two dreamies I’ve found via the campsite trick. Now, I’m all settled with my villagers and I’m back to imposing my normal no TT rule. I’ll just be replacing non dreamies I have with random campers that I like as and when they show up. Never again will I waste time and effort on island hopping.

Back