2 last questions regarding 2 switches

Meadows

Soon, I will be resting in a field of flowers.
Bells
Switch
5526-4266-2509
Island
Mizukawa
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
If I where to transfer a house to another account, would everything in my house AND storage transfer over? I read most items would transfer, but what does that mean? Does that just mean items that use custom designs can't be transfered?

If possible I'd like to just transfer a house full of the unbuyable items I want to keep instead of keep going back and fourth between the two islands.

Also, I got my island transfered and when I went to set up the characters for my old island, it was saying that I can't access dlc on side characters. I looked this up and found out that's because my new switch isn't my primary.

i ideally want my mom to be able to access the dlc without paying another $25, but that switch isn't my primary. When HHP comes out, should I just buy the dlc on her name? That would allow her to access HHP, though I'm not sure if my new island will get access to the dlc or not because I'm not having her home on my main island.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The tool essentially transfers the save file to the new console. Its basically what the system transfer does for the Nintendo Switch but more convoluted because Nintendo.

The tool essentially transfers the save file to the new console. Its basically what the system transfer does for the Nintendo Switch but more convoluted because Nintendo.
That makes sense. Thank you!

For your first question, do you mean you have a secondary character on the island your mom is on, and you want to move the secondary character to your new/private island? Just want to be sure.

If that is the case, as far as I'm aware, all items will transfer over, but anything customized with custom designs will be reverted. If you want to be safe, revert them yourself.

As for the second question, this one is a bit complicated!
According to Nintendo, DLC can be used on your account's primary switch ( by all users ) and by your account on any switch ( provided you have internet access and remain logged in there ). But, only one person can use it at a time.

That is, say you have your personal switch set as a secondary console on your account. You have your mom's switch set as the primary console of your account.
You're playing the DLC as secondary on your Switch at this moment, but your mom wants to play, too. If she loads it up on the primary switch but with her profile, it will kick you out of the DLC -- or maybe ACNH entirely as I'm not sure how integrated it's going to be yet insofar as the coding and game goes -- or it will ask her to wait because it's in use right now.

The best bet, if you guys can afford it, is for her to buy the DLC under her name, and you to buy it under yours, unless you play at different times often.

For your first question, do you mean you have a secondary character on the island your mom is on, and you want to move the secondary character to your new/private island? Just want to be sure.

If that is the case, as far as I'm aware, all items will transfer over, but anything customized with custom designs will be reverted. If you want to be safe, revert them yourself.

As for the second question, this one is a bit complicated!
According to Nintendo, DLC can be used on your account's primary switch ( by all users ) and by your account on any switch ( provided you have internet access and remain logged in there ). But, only one person can use it at a time.

That is, say you have your personal switch set as a secondary console on your account. You have your mom's switch set as the primary console of your account.
You're playing the DLC as secondary on your Switch at this moment, but your mom wants to play, too. If she loads it up on the primary switch but with her profile, it will kick you out of the DLC -- or maybe ACNH entirely as I'm not sure how integrated it's going to be yet insofar as the coding and game goes -- or it will ask her to wait because it's in use right now.

The best bet, if you guys can afford it, is for her to buy the DLC under her name, and you to buy it under yours, unless you play at different times often.
Okay! That makes sense. Thank you very much. I sent a couple tbt as appreciation.

Back