• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

4 Types of Towns: What does it all mean?

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Early
Late
Beautiful
Rich

Early and late seem pretty self explanatory. But does anyone know if you can just alter the 3ds clock like we were able to for WW and CF to get things to be open, say, if you work 3rd shift? If so, I don't think I'll choose either of those options, because I can just set the clock back 6 hours, like I have for my other AC games- thus making my town "late" so to speak. Are there any other perks to a late/ early town: different occurrence of bugs/ fish or some such? Or are there penalties to time zoning (zoning being just changing the clock once, then keeping it there the whole time you play, as compared to time traveling where you change the clock frequently).

Beautiful: what does this even mean? Is it just the same old same old we've known before?

Rich: I've heard this just means everything is doubled: pay twice as much for stuff, but get twice as much when you sell. Is this true, or is there more to it than that?

Anyway... Still months to go before ACNL is released in my area. I'm just happy Japan got it first and gets to be the guinea pig and figure all this stuff out.

Rich: I've heard this just means everything is doubled: pay twice as much for stuff, but get twice as much when you sell. Is this true, or is there more to it than that?

It's not twice as much. Sharks normally sell for 15,000, but with rich town I get 18,000. I think the more an item is worth, the more you get back.
You only get more back when you sell to RParkers and not to Timmy/Tommy.
Items are more expensive, but not too much more. Flowers are 92 bells, but normally I think they're around 70 or 80 (but you can always get free flowers from the island).

Edit: Having a rich town does not mean villagers will donate more money to projects. They're still cheapskates. xD

Last edited:
I think I've heard that a "beautiful" town will have fewer weeds and flowers won't die so quickly or something like that.
I'm not really sure to be honest.
Is anyone able to confirm that?

-EDIT-
After looking at this wiki it seems like weeds, cockroaches, and garbage will turn up less.

Last edited:
This just says to me that there will be more reason for resetting your town. Though I think it might be difficult to know which town is which is at first.

You can choose which town you want by talking to Shizu. It costs 20,000 bells.

That explains what that option is when I sit in the Mayor's chair then. I may want to choose beautiful, but I sort of just want a normal town.

I plan on making my town beautiful, mostly because when the shops open doesn't affect me much and because I don't care about making more bells :p

Back