• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A Day In The Life #4: The Good, The Bad, And The Bugly

Mayor Alice~

Lover of pugs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Well, earlier today Shep asked me to catch him a butterfly (you would know this if you read my earlier post) and I...did...sorta. I saw this really pretty white butterfly that I thought must be rare. I swung many times at it and tried to catch it. I finally caught but I had swung so many times at it with my bug net that it was really scratched up and definitely wasn't alive anymore. I brought it to Shep and this is what happened. "You got my bug, Sheepy?"
"Yeah. It's a little ripped but I think it's o-"
"Thanks, Sheepy!" I hand over the bug. "Wow, this is really-" He looks down at the bug. "AAAAAAAH!" He throws the bug back into my hands and runs away. Is it really that messed up? I mean, I know it's a little bit ripped but it's still pretty okay, right? I thought. I decided to give the bug to the museum but when I got there the guy-owl-thingy looked at my bug and said "I can't take this. This is a common butterfly and we already have one of those. This one isn't alive, anyway. I've seen a lot of bad common butterfly entries for the museum but this is by far the worst I've ever seen." Then, he gave me back the bug and sent me on my way. I was very unhappy now. I had a dead bug that I couldn't get rid of and I didn't get a bug for Shep. I had one last option...
I ran down to Re-tail. "Hello! How can I help you?" the sheep-lady-who-runs-the-store asked me. I handed her the bug and said "Sell." The sheep-lady looked at the bug and replied "Er-um-erm, yes. I can part with, about, 1 bell. How does that sound?" I nodded and it was a done deal. I walked home and decided to write an apology letter to Shep about the bug. Here's what it looks like:

Dear Shep
That bug I gave you was disgusting. I tried my best and I'm sorry about it. Please accept my apology. Here's a gift.
Love Eugenie<3

Well, the gift that went along with it was a blue chair. How did I attache a blue chair to a letter? That's for the post-man to know and for me and you to never ever find out. Anyway, I decided to relax with some TV but then I remembered that my living room, where my TV is, is in renovation. Ugh. I have a lot of stuff and no where to put it. I had a packed living room full of stuff so I took everything out and I'm now in the process of putting everything back so it looks nicer than before. It's not going so well. Sigh.

Back