• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

A memoir to "finishing" my town. :)

meo

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Tadaima was started in July of 2013. So, it's been quite some time. Of course, there are small aspects I'm sure I'll edit and parts of landscaping I'd like to improve over in the long run. But the vision as a whole for the theme of my town is finally at a point I feel happy with. :) Woo.

So, in light of all that, I'd like to finally share my DA and receive your commentary. Below is the "guide" for the town, houses, and themes.

Tadaima DA: 5D00-00A5-D93F
A traditional Asian themed town with small a incorporation of technology and modern features. The name is a japanese phrase for expressing "I'm Home".

Tea House/Restuarant:

At the top of the map located beside the cafe is my tea house. I waned my shops to be at the top of my map and I like that this also incorporates this villager house to blend in with those of the same sort of purpose.

Front Room: The main dining room. It's a blend of regular serving tables and tea tables.
Left Room: The sushi and dimsum room.
Right Room: Tea Room
Back Room: The Kitchen
Upstairs: The staff's living area
Downstairs: Restrooms

Bath House/Inn:
Located Just below the Tea House and Cafe beside the Bus Station. Outdoor features such as the hot springs are behind the home and the bus station brings fresh tourists straight to the inn for their "stay".

Front Room: The check-in area.
Left/Right Rooms: Indoor bath area
Back Room: Outdoor Baths and a Pond
Upstairs: Deluxe room
Downstairs: Economy Resting Area "Pods" for individuals

Temple:
Located just below the Town Hall. Outdoor features are the stone statue behind the home.

Front Room: An outdoor entrance or courtyard if you will
Left Room: Bamboo/Pond Gardens
Right Room: Small farm kept by the Monks for food etc heh ;3
Back Room: Altar/Worship Area
Upstairs: Another Altar/Worship Area
Downstairs: Monk's living quarters

Mayor Home:
Located at the top of the lower half of the town centered between the two bridges. Outdoor features are a rock garden in front of the house.

Front Room: The main Hosting/Dining area.
Left Room: A leisure/family room.
Right Room: Bathroom
Back Room: Kitchen
Upstairs: Bedroom
Downstairs: Basement/Storage Area

Features I'd still like to nitpick later:
  • My flower assortments - the color/type arrangement was kind of rushed to just fill the areas I wanted flowers at. Around the town hall especially.
  • Some rooms such as my basement in my Mayor's home. I may like to actually put a more specific purpose for it down the line. Same goes for the kitchens in both the Mayor's house and the Tea House. I feel I could clean them up.

Features I really love:
  • Pairing the public works with my house themes. For instance the hot spring with my bath house and the stone statue with my temple.
  • The clovers though it's not the best season to really appreciate them haha.
  • Using Zodiac animals as patrons :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and visit my town if you so choose. :) I hope you enjoy it!

Your town sounds beautiful! I’ll definitely try and visit today and come back with my thoughts c:

First off, sticking with one town and continuing to work on it for so long is quite the commitment and drive. You should be proud!

Second, I visited your town and I was astounded. I absolutely loved the layout. :D The whole town was super charming.

Last edited:
I checked it out and it was fantastic. Kabuki just happened to be camping in my town yesterday so it felt like I was stalking him since I fell in love with him at first sight though. Thank you for sharing!!!

Hello, I visited your town and I really liked it. I felt like many of the rooms had a nice balance and symmetry. The overall theme was consistent throughout and felt relaxing. Well done!

Thank you all! I'm very humbled by your compliments and appreciate the feedback!

I just finished visiting your town and it's lovely! Some of my favorite features were the stone paths, the house interiors, the character designs, and the PWP placement. I especially loved the way everything flowed and how the PWPs were paired with the appropriate houses. It's a really beautiful and peaceful town. You should be proud of all the work you put into it.

I just have to say, though, your mayor is really hoarding some money down in that basement. Being the mayor of Tadaima must be very profitable. :p

Just visited your town, it's great and you should be proud of what you've achieved I can't imagine the amount of work that was put in.
The rooms had a good amount of variety whilst sticking to the core theme of the town.

Your town name is genius! I giggled when I figured it out haha.
I'll give it a look when I get home from work today.

I just have to say, though, your mayor is really hoarding some money down in that basement. Being the mayor of Tadaima must be very profitable. :p
Haha, that it is. XD

Thank you all again! I really appreciate all the thoughts and feedback! I hope you have a very lovely new years!

Back