Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
We know we can get cooking recipes from villagers cooking in their homes but is it only villagers who have stoves? With regular diys they can just bring out a bench to craft, do they do the same with cooking or are we limited to just those with kitchens? Thanks

We know we can get cooking recipes from villagers cooking in their homes but is it only villagers who have stoves? With regular diys they can just bring out a bench to craft, do they do the same with cooking or are we limited to just those with kitchens? Thanks
Well before there was a bug where villagers were able to cook stuff without a cooking item, but after Nintendo released a patch it fixed it so villagers can now use cooking items to make stuff and they can still use their work bench if they are crafting stuff. Also you can go to your Resort inside the Restaurant to get a Cooking DIY from the Chef.

Well before there was a bug where villagers were able to cook stuff without a cooking item, but after Nintendo released a patch it fixed it so villagers can now use cooking items to make stuff and they can still use their work bench if they are crafting stuff. Also you can go to your Resort inside the Restaurant to get a Cooking DIY from the Chef.
But... if a villager DOESN'T have a cooking item in their home, will they still cook stuff? Like, will they pull one out of nowhere like they can do with DIY benches? I haven't found any villagers cooking in their homes yet, and I'm wondering if that's why. (that and not checking too often)

But... if a villager DOESN'T have a cooking item in their home, will they still cook stuff? Like, will they pull one out of nowhere like they can do with DIY benches? I haven't found any villagers cooking in their homes yet, and I'm wondering if that's why. (that and not checking too often)
Well I guess for some reason and don't ask this maybe a Nintendo Logic, but if you see a villager with a home with no kitchen, then I am not sure where they get their kitchen items from maybe from storage. Here's some tips. If you see a villager with a frying pan that means that they are cooking, if you see them pounding something with a hammer then that means they are crafting. I know its sounds confusing, but I hope this clears it up. Also just like the DIYS its RNG weather you get a Cooking DIY or just a regular one. I was able to get both of them on the same day.

Villagers will shuffle between their stove and crafting table depending on what they are crafting.

So no need to worry about them having none of either, because the game provides.

Yes, villagers that don't normally display an item that allows you to cook on it will bring one out in order to make and give you a cooking DIY.

Well I guess for some reason and don't ask this maybe a Nintendo Logic, but if you see a villager with a home with no kitchen, then I am not sure where they get their kitchen items from maybe from storage. Here's some tips. If you see a villager with a frying pan that means that they are cooking, if you see them pounding something with a hammer then that means they are cooking. I know its sounds confusing, but I hope this clears it up. Also just like the DIYS its RNG weather you get a Cooking DIY or just a regular one. I was able to get both of them on the same day.
So... they can temporarily use a kitchen, even if one isn't permanently displayed, then?

And, wait... do you mean a villager will EITHER be cooking or one will be crafting, you won't have both? That would make sense now that I think about, and would explain why I haven't seen someone cooking- I've had a lot crafting!

So... they can temporarily use a kitchen, even if one isn't permanently displayed, then?

And, wait... do you mean a villager will EITHER be cooking or one will be crafting, you won't have both? That would make sense now that I think about, and would explain why I haven't seen someone cooking- I've had a lot crafting!
I meant to say "crafting" sorry I sometimes get my words mixed up and yeah again its all RNG and it sounds like you have bad RNG. Try looking tomorrow and eventually you'll get a cooking diy.

I meant to say "crafting" sorry I sometimes get my words mixed up and yeah again its all RNG and it sounds like you have bad RNG. Try looking tomorrow and eventually you'll get a cooking diy.
Thanks for the info! I'm TTing now, so tomorrow's now today, so maybe I'll see it soon, lol. At least I have my Restaurant for recipes in the meantime~

I can confirm that they bring out a cooking thing if they don't have one on display. Just like they bring out a workbench if they're crafting even if it's not part of their regular decor. :)

I think cooking items just spawn out only when they are cooking something, just like the workbenches. Then when they aren’t cooking it goes back into their “storage” (if they don’t have anything out already in their house that is decorative cooking items).

Back