Flower-Loving Punk

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Candy
Red Rose
Hello Everyone!

I'm super new, but I saw some old threads on here that were relevant to my quest to play every animal crossing game ever made, and I figured this was a good spot to ask it.

I found a very badly beat up AC GameCube disk at goodwill yesterday. I have a Wii, unsure if it's GameCube compatible, but it does have the GameCube controller ports on it which I think it a good sign it is. However, I got Wii sports resort from gamestop and it was not nearly as scratched up and it wouldn't play, so I unfortunately I'm worried this will be a bust too.

The wii I have is modded with nintendon't already on it, but I heard it's possible to completely brick the wii if you're not careful with nintendon't, so I'm hesitant to try to get any iso files.

Anyone have any experience/thoughts?

Nintendon't only has a potential to brick when you are first installing it, so if it's already installed then your Wii should be fine to either use it or play games normally. I've noticed with Wii games they can be a little picky so even if they look fine a small scratch can prevent the game from running entirely and on the other hand I've seen Wii games that were scratched to hell but ran fine. Since ACPG copies itself to RAM there's pretty much no downside in trying the disc to see if it works as you can even remove it during gameplay without issue. That being said Nintendont does offer benefits, not to mention not needing to put in the disc. Either way you should be safe.

Nintendon't only has a potential to brick when you are first installing it, so if it's already installed then your Wii should be fine to either use it or play games normally. I've noticed with Wii games they can be a little picky so even if they look fine a small scratch can prevent the game from running entirely and on the other hand I've seen Wii games that were scratched to hell but ran fine. Since ACPG copies itself to RAM there's pretty much no downside in trying the disc to see if it works as you can even remove it during gameplay without issue. That being said Nintendont does offer benefits, not to mention not needing to put in the disc. Either way you should be safe.
Thanks!! Yeah the wii was NOT happy about the disk, sadly. It just kept spinning and spinning and gave up. There's a local game shop near me I can go in and see if they can do any disk cleaning, but some of these are pretty deep.

Good to know about nintendont though! It makes me a lot more hopeful about being able to play AC!!

Thanks again for your response!!

Thanks!! Yeah the wii was NOT happy about the disk, sadly. It just kept spinning and spinning and gave up. There's a local game shop near me I can go in and see if they can do any disk cleaning, but some of these are pretty deep.

Good to know about nintendont though! It makes me a lot more hopeful about being able to play AC!!

Thanks again for your response!!
For sure, although I'd be remiss to mention that emulating the game gives you HD textures and recently achievements through RetroAchievements. Most computers and Android phones can run it and all Switch controllers (Xbox and PS too) work via Bluetooth. If you have the GameCube Controller Adapter, that also works.

For sure, although I'd be remiss to mention that emulating the game gives you HD textures and recently achievements through RetroAchievements. Most computers and Android phones can run it and all Switch controllers (Xbox and PS too) work via Bluetooth. If you have the GameCube Controller Adapter, that also works.
I got nintendont working!! I'll have to look into retroachievements because that sounds cool!! Thanks so much!

I couldn't help but notice how some textures look pretty bad when I play the game on my Wii or emulate it via Dolphin. This is most prevalent with the villagers. Is there a place to your knowledge that offers some form of updated texture pack that I can "hack in"? I know there's one for Super Mario Sunshine, but it's not 100% bug free.

I couldn't help but notice how some textures look pretty bad when I play the game on my Wii or emulate it via Dolphin. This is most prevalent with the villagers. Is there a place to your knowledge that offers some form of updated texture pack that I can "hack in"? I know there's one for Super Mario Sunshine, but it's not 100% bug free.
I dunno about getting it working on Wii but the one on Dolphin Forums is what I use, plus increasing resolution to 1440p and 8x MSAA. Here's a couple screenshots from today.
Post automatically merged:

awesome dude

You gona get a ton of games for it? raid vimms lair!
r/ROMs Megathread 👀

Back