• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ACNl Launch Time

JoeysShinyRattata

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
So... there might be a midnight release for ACNL in the eShop, but what about the physical copy? Would Wal-Mart be so cool as to let you buy the game at midnight? They would have the game at midnight, but I wonder if they would have it on their shelves. CANT WAIT ACNL!!!!! ...sorry

If you ask a WM employee nicely, and insistantly enough, they can go check their stockrooms if the item you want isn't on the shelf.

If you ask a WM employee nicely, and insistantly enough, they can go check their stockrooms if the item you want isn't on the shelf.

Yeah. Even if the games not on the shelf just ask an employee and they should check their stock and give you a copy. There's no reason as to why they wouldn't sell it to you, and if they don't they're breaking the law

It's cooler if you see a manager on duty the day before though, I know some places that will sell things like this the evening before the release date, and if they're in storage at least, the manager will have the authority to sell it to you.

I'm not sure if all Wal-Marts do, but the one I worked at, and the other one nearby get their games delivered via Fedex.

So they might not even have the game at midnight, chances are it could end up shipping later in that day. Your best bet would be to go to a game store like Gamestop. They tend to have games before the release day and as far as I'm aware they sell all of their new games at midnight.

I'm not sure if all Wal-Marts do, but the one I worked at, and the other one nearby get their games delivered via Fedex.

So they might not even have the game at midnight, chances are it could end up shipping later in that day. Your best bet would be to go to a game store like Gamestop. They tend to have games before the release day and as far as I'm aware they sell all of their new games at midnight.

Yes, but it's a Sunday release. They're not going to receive it on a Sunday, usually they get them in on the Friday before or sooner from my understanding.

Then again, you've actually worked at a store so perhaps they do get shipments on Sundays and I'm dumb. :p

EDIT: I have been corrected on receiving them on a Sunday. :p But either way, stores often get games in at least a couple days ahead of time.

Last edited:
Yeah. Even if the games not on the shelf just ask an employee and they should check their stock and give you a copy. There's no reason as to why they wouldn't sell it to you, and if they don't they're breaking the law

I don't know, I had a bookstore refuse to pull a magazine out of thier boxes even though it was suppose to be on the shelf the day before. I will not shop there anymore, though, because they were rude the next day when I went to buy the mag.

Back