• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ACNL Logic Problems - Part 1: Town Identification

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Since a new AC game is on its way, I decided to create a series of logic problems based on ACNL and its features. This week’s logic problems tells a story of five young adults that have played Animal Crossing since its release. Despite creating new towns as the years rolled by (including after the release of the Welcome amiibo update), they still kept their original towns. In order to find out who owns what town, what their theme is, what their favorite feature in Animal Crossing: New Leaf is, what they excel in most, what they struggle in most, and what’s inside their towns, you must create logic grids in Microsoft Excel or on graph paper and follow along the clues. Remember that you must put in dots whenever two items meet and an X when they don’t meet. You can find out the answers by reading these logic problems. If you found out the answers, please write them down in the comments section, but they must be put into spoilers.

Part 1: Town Identification

Back in June 2013, a group of five friends bought copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Despite creating new towns over the next six years, they kept their original towns (Fantasy, Spring, Starfall, Skyville, and Golden) since the game’s launch. An interesting fact is that none of them have the same town fruit, and despite all of them starting their towns in June of 2013, none of them started their towns in the same month in-game to face unique experiences in town creation. From the information provided, can you find out which town is lead by what mayor, what month their creation took place, what the mayor’s birthday is, and what are the main fruits of each town?

• Town
    • Fantasy
    • Spring
    • Starfall
    • Skyville
    • Golden
  • Mayor
    • Betty
    • Kaylee
    • Mary
    • John
    • Charlie
  • Month of Creation
    • January
    • March
    • May
    • June
    • October
  • Mayor’s Birthday
    • February 9th
    • April 7th
    • July 4th
    • August 3rd
    • October 1st
  • Town Fruit
    • Apple
    • Orange
    • Pear
    • Peach
    • Cherry
Clues:

1. The five towns are Fantasy, the town lead by Charlie, the town that began with January, the town lead by a mayor with a birthday in July, and the town with apples as the main fruit.
  2. The town that started in the month of the mayor’s birthday either has apples or peaches as the town’s main fruit. Betty (whose birthday isn’t February 9th) is not the mayor of Starfall.
  3. Neither John nor the mayor with a birthday in August has cherries as the main fruit of their town. The town of Golden began in an earlier time of the year than the town of Spring, but began in a later time than the town of Skyville (whose main fruit isn’t peaches).
  4. The mayor of Fantasy has a birthday later in the year than the mayor of the town where pears are the main fruit, but earlier in the year than Kaylee’s. The mayor of Skyville celebrates her birthday in August.
  5. Either Kaylee or Mary lead the town started in May. Oranges are the main fruit of the town that started in January. Peaches are the main fruit of the town lead by John (which isn’t Starfall).
  6. The towns that began in May and June are the town with cherries as the main fruit and the town lead by someone with an April birthday. Mary leads the town of Spring (which didn’t begin in October).
  • The second clue mentioned “the town that started in the month of the mayor’s birthday”. Since October is the only month to have both a town creation month and the mayor’s birthday, the mayor of the town that started in October has a birthday on October 1st.
  • When the third clue said “neither John nor the mayor with a birthday in August has cherries as the main fruit of their town”, it not only implies that cherries aren’t the town fruit of John’s town or the town fruit of whoever has an August birthday, but it also implies that John’s birthday isn’t in August.

The style of the clues takes me back to word problems in math.

Not even ACNL can convince me to attempt finding the solution.

),: RIP in peace my mind lol

I needed a break from the bel insanity so I gave it a try. I couldn't figure out which town was Starfall and which one was Golden tho. Unless I skipped over something, they could work for both places.

Town 1:
Name: Fantasy
Mayor: John
Town month: June
Mayor bday: April 7th
Fruit: Peach

Town 2:
Name: Starfall or Golden
Mayor: Charlie
Town month: March
Mayor bday: February 9th
Fruit: Pear

Town 3:
Name: Skyville
Mayor: Betty
Town month: January
Mayor bday: August 3rd
Fruit: Orange

Town 4:
Town : Starfall or Golden
Mayor: Kaylee
Town month: May
Mayor bday: July 4th
Fruit: Cherry

Town 5:
Town: Spring
Mayor: Mary
Town month: October
Mayor bday: October 1st
Fruit: Apple

Last edited:
Cress;bt16929 said:
I needed a break from the bel insanity so I gave it a try. I couldn't figure out which town was Starfall and which one was Golden tho. Unless I skipped over something, they could work for both places.

Town 1:
Name: Fantasy
Mayor: John
Town month: June
Mayor bday: April 7th
Fruit: Peach

Town 2:
Name: Starfall or Golden
Mayor: Charlie
Town month: March
Mayor bday: February 9th
Fruit: Pear

Town 3:
Name: Skyville
Mayor: Betty
Town month: January
Mayor bday: August 3rd
Fruit: Orange

Town 4:
Town : Starfall or Golden
Mayor: Kaylee
Town month: May
Mayor bday: July 4th
Fruit: Cherry

Town 5:
Town: Spring
Mayor: Mary
Town month: October
Mayor bday: October 1st
Fruit: Apple

You are mostly correct. However, there is one error you made. #6 said that Spring didn’t begin in October. I’ll go ahead and be nice and say it was a simple reading error.

Back