• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ads going public?

XTheLancerX

Dedicated Gamer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I was just bopping around on youtube today and the ad was the island animal crossing new leaf tourism trailer. It was really shortened up and it wasnt detailed at all but I just thought it was interesting to see this for an ad on youtube because I never figured these would really go public. Has anyone else seen any animal crossing new leaf ads on youtube? I was just wondering because I was very surprised to see this, as I have never seen an animal crossing ad on tv, or on youtube for that matter.

I guess the ads can vary depending on the subject matter of the video but I dont know if thats the way it is, because I have been watching the E+ videos lindsey made and posted on the linandko retrogaming channel, and I have seen the new leaf trailers 3 times now. Just a thought...

Last edited:
HAHAHA omg I remember that ad! Now i'm wondering if that's the reason 3 years went by before I realized I should buy it xD I think the New Leaf ones are really boring too :( All the ads should be like the GameCube ones imo. How could anyone not be curious after seeing those awesome costumes!

Last edited:
I've never seen those CF ads before. They're amazing in their terribleness. City Folk: Shell Searching Simulator (also shopping)

I like the tourism angle they're using for the New Leaf trailers/commercials though, they show off the game in a cute and appealing way.

ugh, it's not showing for me, all i see are cheap british ads...

This would be why you saw the ad. Nintendo have realised they can make some money off of youtube. I'm guessing it was an Animal Crossing video you were watching when the ad came up?

I was watching animal crossing videos but someone at school who said they never played animal crossing saw one of those ads on youtube. I don't think they were watching animal crossing videos but I don't know, they don't seem particularly interested in the game either :p

and I don't understand why you would even make a commercial so stupid in the first place. I don't see how it would even make anybody even interested in getting the game, which is the point of commercials, to get people to buy the product that is being advertised. Meh, most other commercials don't really advertise the product either... So I guess those animal crossing commercials aren't overly different than any other commercial. They are stupid, boring, and don't make you wan't to buy the product. Well, to be blunt, that is how most commercials are in my opinion x)

I was watching animal crossing videos but someone at school who said they never played animal crossing saw one of those ads on youtube. I don't think they were watching animal crossing videos but I don't know, they don't seem particularly interested in the game either :p

and I don't understand why you would even make a commercial so stupid in the first place. I don't see how it would even make anybody even interested in getting the game, which is the point of commercials, to get people to buy the product that is being advertised. Meh, most other commercials don't really advertise the product either... So I guess those animal crossing commercials aren't overly different than any other commercial. They are stupid, boring, and don't make you wan't to buy the product. Well, to be blunt, that is how most commercials are in my opinion x)

They're just in the closet about liking Animal Crossing. Have them watch 'It get's better' videos and tell them you become the mayor. :]
I wouldn't be surprised if the adverts are starting to crop up now. Luigi's mansion ones started a couple of weeks before release here.

I just watched those CF adverts, I'm pretty sure we didn't get them in England. But it did make me wonder how you could fail at finding shells in Animal Crossing.

"You wanna go fishing?"
"No, I did that yesterday."
I really just cannot get over that. It is seriously so hilariously awful.

the game cube commercials always made me laugh. I wish they went the same way with city folk.

Back