• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Adventures in Dobutsu no Mori e+ - Part 1

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
This is just a simple blog I've started here, and I'm hoping to chronicle my adventures through the game Dobutsu no Mori e+! I will be playing this game on the Dolphin emulator (though I am not permitted to discuss such a process of emulation so please don't ask).

For those of you who don't know, Dobutsu no Mori e+ is a port of Animal Crossing GCN that was released in Japan (it's crazy--it's a port of a port!). There's a lot of features in this game that aren't present in Animal Crossing GCN, and new bugs and fish too. Also, since it was released in Japan, it's all in Japanese, so I won't be doing much with the dialogue.
Now because it's in Japanese, I'll have to rely on my knowledge and memory of the dialogue from Animal Crossing GCN to figure out what the NPCs are saying. I'll also have to write out the names of the villagers in Japanese letters for reference. Besides that, I think I'll be fine.

So for starters, I named my character DAVE, and I named my town USA. Something simple, since I believe the Japanese games can only hold up to 6 characters for names (the US version holds up to 8). Also, it's in all caps because there are no lower-case English letters in this game. Now I can recall a point when I thought, perhaps, I hit the wrong button, so I re-entered the town name to be OHIO, but it's still USA, so I'm not sure what happened there.

I've met all the villagers so far, and these are my five starters:
ショコラ (Kitty)
ルーシー (Lucy)
スパーク (Static)
ニコバン (Bob)
ガブリエル (Biff)
I'll have to recall these names for when I do Nook's tasks. I haven't started these tasks yet, since I'm working on an essay for my history class at the moment, but hopefully I'll be starting these tomorrow! I'll even include screenshots if I can!

That's all I have for now. I hope this isn't in violation with the rules of the forum, and if it isn't, I can't wait to share the world of Dobutsu no Mori e+ with everyone! :lemon:

I hope you enjoy playing E+ and look forward to seeing future posts. I haven't played it myself, but I would definitely like to someday. Hopefully some E+ exclusive villagers end up moving into USA. It would be kind of a shame if you end up having the exact same villagers you could have had in the North American release.

Back