• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ah, something HALFWAY good!

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Finally, I have managed to draw something at least half-way good. Most of my past stuff has been horrendous, and I was even ashamed of looking at it myself. This recent drawing, though, is at least acceptable to show. Nothing special in my opinion, but it's a start... I hope.

Unfinished Drawing

img01405xc.jpg

Unfinished Drawing 2

img01420nr.jpg

Finished Drawing (Better Nose)

img01450oh.jpg

It is VERY loosely based on Xianghua from Soul Calibur II, but once I started drawing it, I realized that it wasn't going to look like her anyway, so you could call this a character of my own.

Nice, but I don't really like the nose. I have like... 5-6 good drawings, I have them uploaded and posted, but not here

:p

And none of them are people, I can not draw people AT ALL

:(

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Nice, but I don't really like the nose. I have like... 5-6 good drawings, I have them uploaded and posted, but not here

Why not post them here?

Y'know, I think I'm going to try my hand at some more Soul Calibur inspired stuff...

ZELDAFREAK104 said:

Nice picture. Yeah, I kind of agree with the nose thing.

I can't draw people either. =\

Pretty good, Bul.

I can't draw people either...like, real-life people that is. I draw anime.

Bulerias said:
*redraws nose*

This better?

img01450oh.jpg
Lolz... Mii.

it looks like the default mii nose.

as for the drawing... looks kinda... flat... like you took two hammers and smashed the front and back end of a persons face into a pancake... :gyroidveryhappy:

here's how you could improve that.

When drawing a face, remember this, the eyes go directly in the middle, to get them perfectly centered, you should draw five of them, one right after the other connecting at the edges, then, after you feel its about even, erase the one inbetween them and on either side (so that the Actual eyes are there, the others are for measurement only.), then you start on the nose, which should start between the eyes with the ridge of the nose... then you make that about as close to scale as the eyes are, then right under that, you make the mouth... give a bit of room (about as much as from the nostril to the upper end of the nostril), then draw the mouth. The jaw should come down from the edge of the eyes and be more prominent, though if its a woman, it shouldn't be too big, or very noticeable for that manner. The jaw should go off the circle a bit, and be fairly rounded.

The ears slope a little, and start off from the bottom of the nose, all the way to the eyebrow, though you usually only use this on side-views, it can be incorporated into front views aswell.

I learned all this taking a sculpture class... I suggest anyone that wants to get good at drawing take sculpture and drawing at the same time... hopefully your sculpture teacher will make you draw things before you sculpt them, mine did, and it's honestly helped me out a ton.

If I had a scanner, i'd show you this project I'm making. : (

Back