• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Am I the only one...

Gummysaur

erik is air, erik is life
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4827-8999-9069
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
...who's worried about when I lose interest in AC?

This game requires so much attention. Leave it alone for a while and weeds and rafflesia everywhere; horrible town rating; villagers move out, etc. When I get tired of the game and put it aside for several months or years, I'll be scared to touch it, because rafflesia are hideous and they creep me out. :(

It was especially hard for me to keep track of my old town on school days; that was one reason why I had been thinking of restarting before. But I got used to it and decided why not keep my town, since it doesn't matter that I can't see it every day! And yeah, I'm sure some of you know the rest.
Anyway, I usually just missed a total of maybe two days in a row at the most, and with the beautiful town ordinance there were hardly any weeds. If you never get around to playing it anymore, maybe you should just set your ordinance to beautiful, unless it already is. That way it won't be as bad as it might be without it.
About villagers moving out, I don't know how to help that; I guess it's a risk you'll have to take. But surely you have some time to play, like on weekends? I mean, if you want to put it down you can. I become interested when I discover an ancient town of mine that I created long ago and abandoned. Don't be scared to stop playing for a while. There's plenty of people out there willing to nourish towns back to health by selling flowers and such. :) Plus, you can get Leif to pull weeds for you if you want!
Wishing you good luck regardless! :)

Last edited:
If you put it on beautiful town, you won't have the weeds problem. Your town will be overgrown with flowers instead.

Can't do anything about villagers possibly moving out though.

I stopped playing for 2 months. With the beautiful town law, I had no problem with weeds. Had about 15 at most, and a tonne of flowers.

On the downside, I lost one villager, Merry.

I don't get the 'no weeds' thing. I have Beautiful Town ordiance and there are still weeds coming up.

Also, I'm still obsessed over AC. I'm worried about when I'm not, lol xD

I don't get the 'no weeds' thing. I have Beautiful Town ordiance and there are still weeds coming up.

Also, I'm still obsessed over AC. I'm worried about when I'm not, lol xD

There's a few weeds every now and then, but not as many as there could be. And I guess you could use those tips if you're no longer obsessed, but for now let's hope you'll still be into New Leaf! :)

Well if you're worried about villagers moving and you haven't played for a week or two, just TT back to the date you left AC and then TT your way to the current date, this way you will get notified of who wants to move. c:
The weeds you're just going to have to live with, if you have a beautiful town ordinance you get less weeds, but a few will pop up if you leave for more than a week or so.

Actually, when I didn't have time to play because of my job or travelling or something
I always set the 3DS system time back to the day after the day I played last.

So it always is as if I were never gone ;)

If you plan on stopping playing, write in your 3DS notes the in-game day you played last. Next time you boot your game, TT to the same day or the day after and it's like you never stopped playing.

Sly keeps trying to move and every time he tries to move he never pings me.
Alfonso is the one who keeps telling me that Sly is thinking about moving.
Each time I have to use the diving trick and even that takes awhile.

Sometimes villagers ask to move two days in a row.
I'm really paranoid. What if I get busy and can't play for a week?!

Thankfully none of my favorites ask to move.
Since I started playing the game months ago Bubbles has never asked to move. Thank goodness!

Last edited:
New Leaf is actually a lot better about the maintenance aspect than past games. In Wild World, if you couldn't play for more than a week, almost all of your flowers would be dead the next time you played. :/ This became a big problem for me over time, since I like to have lots of flowers in town, and it was really hard to manage. Contrast this to New Leaf -- you don't have to water flowers at all if you have the Beautiful Town Ordinance! It's almost too easy o_o

I do what several people have mentioned in this thread already; if I can't play for a while, I set the date to the last day I played and catch up the days I missed through TTing. That's the only way you can be sure of keeping your villagers when taking breaks from the game.

It's actually really nostalgic when you leave your town for ages, and you come back to it, it brings back memories, and that just increases your interest in the game because it feels like it's been around for ages, hence the weeds etc.
Another reason i like it is because, if your town is a mess, it gives you something to do, mixes up routine because you get a chance to beautify your town again, and then you can breath in the fresh AC air once you've done with a sense of accomplishment, getting your town back on track is a nice task. :)

Sly keeps trying to move and every time he tries to move he never pings me.
Alfonso is the one who keeps telling me that Sly is thinking about moving.
Each time I have to use the diving trick and even that takes awhile.

If someone doesn't ping you about moving, just save and quit and they should ping you the next time you see them.

Back