• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Amiibo cards not working

MoonPrincess

|Pure White|
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
So I’ve been having this problem for Two days now. I’m currently trying to invite a villager but when I go to scan the card It will either say “amiibo failed” or “That’s not an amiibo..” All my cards have worked until now. Everything is updated, I even tried them on my new leaf town and they work. I’ve tried restarting and re-syncing my joycon. I’m upset because I’ve only had this switch since March and It’s already giving me problems. :( I wanted to know If anyone else was having this issue and any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this :( I've had this happen before and just kept trying the cards at different angles. I also wiped the joycon and it seems to work fine now.

Have you tried cleaning your / using differe joycons? That might be the problem, hopefully it's not the switch itself

If using the pro controller, try the joycons or vice-versa.

If you have an Android, there is a way you can scan the amiibos to verify they are readable.

Thank you guys for the advice! I plan on getting a pro controller tomorrow so I'll let you know how It goes! :)

Update guys! The pro-controller works and I can use amiibo again! :D My joycon is probably the reason why It wasn't working, but I'm happy to say getting a pro-controller fixed that problem. Thanks everyone for the help :)

Back