• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Amped's Sig Topic

Amped

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
So instead of making a billion topics for each sig, I decided to make a single topic. Please be honost, but if you tell me one is bad, please give me advice on how to fix it, Thanks!

1st:
ACBG-1.jpg

First one I ever made. Yeah, it sucks.

2nd:
sig-1.jpg

This one, I was playing around with the effects, I kinda like it, but the background isn't wery good.

3rd:
1sig-1.jpg

My favorite so far, but I made it too blurry.

If you'd like a sig from me, I'd be more than happy to make you one! :)

Wow, it's much better than your last one.

Alright, first, on the layers window, right click the text containing the code. Select the "Alpha to Selection" option. Duplicate the code text layer, and then, under the "select" tab on the window with your sig, click "Grow". Then, change the number to one, and press ok.

Select the text layer under the duplicated one, then take a round brush, with a dark color (black, preferably), color the whole entire selected area, until you have a nice looking border around your text.

Yes, update to 2.4.7. You'll be able to do my instructions with that one.

Okay. Thanks.

I looked, and the lastest version is 2.6.4, should I get that instead?

I use PSPX2 and outlining text is as easy as adding the text in the first place because it appears as an option on that...
^__^

By the way, this GIMP thing your always talking about, is that free or does it cost?

OneOfTheCityFolk said:
I use PSPX2 and outlining text is as easy as adding the text in the first place because it appears as an option on that...
^__^

By the way, this GIMP thing your always talking about, is that free or does it cost?
It's free. But, I find it difficult to use.

Experimentation is always your friend when it comes to figuring new programs out. you should try it out, Sam.

I don't know how long ago you started, but I'm guessing you're sort of beginner-intermediate, so they're not bad for where you're at. :)

Anyways there are a few things you should work on:
- Focal point
- Depth
- Lighting
- Flow

If you need any tips of these things, you can PM me and I can show you some examples and explain them. :)

i love the sig you have now or the 1st one the other 2 seem kinda dull

Back