• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

An interesting fact about the AC amiibo update

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
As the amiibo update was really fun, I found another fact about Animal Crossing that you may or may not know.

Based on the features that were added, ACNL Welcome amiibo is to ACNL original as ACCF is to ACWW.

This actually shows how Nintendo is better off updating the latest game to have new features than it is to make a rehash with add-ons. ACNL Welcome amiibo is basically the same game as ACNL original but with the Campground, mini-games, and amiibo compatibility. ACCF is basically the same game as ACWW but with grass decay, a city to go to, holidays, and town projects. Why was the amiibo update not as disappointing as City Folk? Here is the answer.

City Folk was a new game made for another system as Welcome amiibo was a patch to an already existing game. When people ask for a new Animal Crossing game, they're not just looking for a new AC game. They want a full Animal Crossing game that really changes the previous game around rather than just add sprinkles. Wild World turned the GameCube Version around by adding two new tools, the ability to change hairstyle and hats, Wi-fi, and more active villagers. New Leaf turned City Folk around by making characters fully customizable, towns to be decorated any way you like, new attractions, and Island revival and revamp. City Folk only added the sprinkles of city life, holidays, and town funding. It just feels like the same game, which is why it was a disappointment.

The ACNL Welcome amiibo did the same thing ACCF did to ACNL. It added the sprinkles of the campground, amiibo compatibility, and the mini-games. It didn't really turn New Leaf around. The difference, Nintendo didn't make a new game. It updated ACNL to make it feel like a new game.

Hopefully, when they make a new AC game, they can turn New Leaf around like how my Idea Book on ACSpinoffs suggest.

I think that if they make a new AC game, they should let us be able to change our skin color. I still can't understand why they haven't already done this.

But yeah, if Nintendo makes a new AC game for the Switch, then it needs to be a complete revamp of ACNL, not just a few changes here and there.

Last edited:
Back