• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Androids vs iPhones

Yoshi155

🍄‍🟫🍄🍄‍🟫
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
This should be a fun one. Please don’t be toxic and respect each others’ opinions guys.

I was an Android user for…22 years, though there was no iPhone for about 5 of those, and I don’t even think you could’ve called my first couple of phones “Android”. My first one still had a monotone/green screen. Anyway, I switch to iPhone last year and I am SOLD. I really wasn’t sure if I would be, but I came to love my iPad way more than I anticipated, and the whole ecosystem together is just, awesome. I will say, it’s a bit ridiculous when someone calls me and my phone, ipad, and watch, all ring together lol.

So….iPhone.

android, easily, especially when the "main" alternative is a company that price gouges and deliberately degrades/slows its "older" tech. i've only had three phones in my life, an LG fliphone in my teens, and then two samsung/anrdoid phones after that. they're so resilient i only switched from the first one mid-last year after using it for almost seven. and that's after i dropped it, twice, early on in its life! the first time it was onto a concrete curb, and only the glass back shattered. the first was onto the edge of a brick wall, and it only chipped the screen's upper corner. no case either time, and it still ran smooth as butter after both incidents. the only reason i had to upgrade is because the battery finally started playing up, otherwise i would've happily kept using it, and the battery on my new one just seems to last for ages.

my girlfriend had iphones and hated it. she said they were super easy to break/crack, sometimes even with protectors/cases, and i mean. they don't even have headphone jacks anymore.

This thread made me go on a nostalgia kick and find all of my old phones. Now I want to buy them all and have a treasure trove of all of them. This was my first phone, the Motorola C331 on Cingular network, before AT&T bought them. I actually still have my Samsung Epic! Barely hanging on as an emergency phone haha, but I still have my S21+ too.
IMG_0542.jpeg

And here’s the whole list of every phone I’ve ever had. I was a Samsung loyal forEVER.
Motorola C331 (Silver)
Kyocera SE47 (Silver)
LG VX8100 (Blue/Silver)
LG Envy (Orange)
Samsung Epic (Black)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (White)
Samsung Note 4 (White)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (White)
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Silver)
Samsung Galaxy S9 (Blue)
Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Purple)
iPhone 14 Pro Max (Gold)

I’m going to go bask in nostalgia now.

Last edited:
I only use iPhone. My first phone was an Android my dad’s sister bought me off Wish. It was so bad and tainted my view on Android. Its battery lasted less than a half hour, it wouldn’t connect to the internet, the phone cases wouldn’t fit even though they were the correct size, and the back of it said “Samsug.” It was the Galaxy S2. My dad had to buy me a phone with his money since his sister got scammed. I haven’t gone back since. My current phone is an iPhone 12. I love it.

I only use Android for phones, and always have. I've used both Apple and Android for other devices, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to use an iPhone. It's just not for me, lol.

I use a Samsung so of course I have Android. Androids are easier to navigate and I can use my switch charger for my phone too! I can never see myself going to an iPhone.

I started off on android, only option for those who owned mobile phones when they were new 😂 I loved my first phone which was a tiny silver Samsung flip phone which just made calls and basic texts 😱 🥰 I was happy with android. Then I listened to my son when he got an iPhone 😂 I love how everything is connected and easy to use. My favourite thing with Live Photos is that you can edit so my eyes aren’t closed in every photo 😆

i have an iphone, i tried an android a year ago and i just couldn’t do it 😭 i returned the phone in two days. i like the apple ecosystem, in addition to the iphone, i have a macbook and airpods. even if i wanted to switch to android, i couldn’t. i’ve already sold my soul to daddy apple 😁

The last non-iphone I’ve had experience with was my dad’s motorola flip phone from like 2005 or something, and I used it to set random alarms with goofy names. I prefer apple products because they’re what I’m used to and the organization just makes sense to me. I love the look flip phones though, they’re so cuteeee

I only go for refurbished phones, so Android.
Phones are so expensive and the materials aren't easy to get, some being rare. I feel like this route is the best for me and my concerns. I generally only change phones when the phone is not being supported anymore or something happens to it. I don't really do much withy phone. Just calling, texting, and I do browse the net with it.

I will never use an iPhone again. They're overpriced and Apple locks you up like an animal. I adore the freedom Android gives you. That said, I don't like Samsung phones since their battery life is terrible.
Ugh, this. I prefer using Android, but when I was looking a few years back, the Samsung phone I have now had the best camera/specs for the price. I used to be able to go a few days without having to charge. Now, I have to charge this every night if I need to use it often throughout the day.

That said, I do have one of the OG iPad Pro's and like it, but the Android OS for a phone just feels...right.

My first smart phone was an iPhone. The cable started to split after a month or so, and a week before the warranty expired, I had to contact support because all of the wires were exposed. The second cable they sent split a few months later again. The back of the phone started cracking after a year (even though I handle my electronics VERY gently) and the home button started to jam. Two years later, the internal battery started to fade, although it was good up until then. I stopped using it after 3 years.

Next smart phone was Android. Cable split after 3 years, but it was cheap to get a replacement. After about 5 years, the touch screen died on a specific area that was around 3 pixels high. After 6, the internal battery started to fade, but, again, it was pretty good up until then. I (mostly) stopped using it after 8 years. No cracks anywhere. Current cable has little to no damage.

Needless to say, I prefer Android phones by a landslide. Although both do everything I need them to do, Android phones are more affordable, seemingly last longer in general, and the ones I've had have better (physical) product structure.

I have never had a phone but I LOVE MY IPAD way more than my old Amazon Fire and Samsung Tablet. I honestly think that android is too finicky and I dislike them. They look soo pretty but I have never ever been a fan of smart devices that AREN’T Apple. Apple is so smooth, fast, and simple. Its so much easier to understand and has way less glitches. Plus I prefer a more premium, quality, lasting product if I am going to be using it frequently! 📱

Android. Android phones give you so much more control over your own device.

I've an iPad mini and a MacBook Air, and when they need replacing will likely stick with Apple, but I dislike the iPhone. iOS is too unnecessarily restrictive (for my personal phone needs) and they just aren't designed for longevity.

I like android phones but I hate android tablets. iOS is great on their iPads but I don't like it for phones. Idk I'm weird. I've used android phones and apple phones but stuck to android.
Post automatically merged:

Android. Android phones give you so much more control over your own device.

I've an iPad mini and a MacBook Air, and when they need replacing will likely stick with Apple, but I dislike the iPhone. iOS is too unnecessarily restrictive (for my personal phone needs) and they just aren't designed for longevity.
You basically summed up what I tried to say lmao. Im the exact same way.

I’ve been an iPhone user my whole life, take that as you will. Everyone I know says androids are better but I’m content with what I have. My only complaint is that I wish the battery lasted a bit longer. I’m pretty neutral on the phone debate, you use what you want, I don’t care.

I’m willing to try android when my iPhone 12 eventually needs replacing, so we’ll see if this ages like milk lol.

Back