• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS will be the best Animal Crossing since the first.

Megamannt125

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Years ago in November of 2009, I purchased the highly anticipated City Folk. I had been prepared and hyped for it since it was first shown. However, what I recieved was honestly a lazy embarassment. While City Folk was at the very least an enjoyable game for a short amount of time, it quickly became apparent that I was playing Wild World, except without the handheld novelty that made Wild World a good game. What was a major indicator of this was the fact that they used the same exact soundtrack and that the major titular feature in the game itself, the City, served few purposes. It lacked love. It lacked creativity. It was the developers just saying "Hey, let's make an Animal Crossing game on Wii, but let's not actually put thought into it." truly, what was the nail in the coffin was when the developer of the game, when asked about the lack of new content, responded by saying "Well what else we could add?" as if they had depleted all of the possibilities. As if City Folk was some sort of groundbreaking achievement of the series.
It has been 3 years since then. My initial negativity has died down. In reality, City Folk is an alright game, but it wasn't a necessary one.
Now, AC3DS, or, as it as called in Japan, AC: Jump Out, has proven really how lazy they really were. In the few trailers and screenshots of the game, it has shown more improvement and additions than I saw in City Folk in my entire playthrough of it. Even just a new soundtrack is a huge addition.
What is really jaw-dropping is the fact that they seemingly couldn't come up with this stuff before. Could it be the fan backlash that caused this? Probably not.
Either way, the game is looking extremely promising.
The fact that it's handheld is a plus on it's own. I mean, let's be honest here, AC:GC is a very nostalgic game (and listed as one of my favorite games of all time) and CF is an alright one, but where Animal Crossing really belongs is on handheld devices. They're much more suited to it's gameplay style.
The game appears that it's taking a much different approach. Trying to add more customization and personalization to the game and your town.
This is huge when it comes to a sims game.
Animal Crossing needs content. Any game like this, needs content.
If you don't have content, then the player gets bored.
The lack of content truly becomes evident when you actually play with friends.
Typically playing with friends would enhance the gameplay experience, but with Animal Crossing, it makes it show it's true colors.
You stand there with your friends. What can you do? You can catch fish you guess. Maybe you can hit eachother with your nets? Nah. Let's just wander around aimlessly until we leave one by one due to boredom.
AC3DS however, seems to be going in a direction towards more content, and more things to do. Really, just being able to pick up your 3DS and play with friends is already a leap in the right direction. Playing online on City Folk feels like such a chore.
I lack the hype I had for City Folk because, while I have large expectations, I don't allow myself to get overhyped. It depletes the gameplay experience. The higher your expectations of a game, the less enjoyable it is when you actually play it.
Anyways, i'm not sure what the point of this rant was. Just thought i'd make a post about Animal Crossing on this forum since I haven't in several years.
Game's gonna be rad, guys.

lol seems kinda pointless advertising the game in a thread dedicated for this version. You're better off ranting about it in game sites so that more people can read this and decide to actually buy the game.

lol seems kinda pointless advertising the game in a thread dedicated for this version. You're better off ranting about it in game sites so that more people can read this and decide to actually buy the game.
I don't think he's advertising, he's just sharing his opinions on the upcoming game/past games.

Anyway, I agree with almost every single point - especially the part about AC truly being best-suited to handheld devices.

You don't need to make a thread to express your opinion, just post on other threads info on what relates to it.

I agree with you. I loved Gamecube the most, I still do. I was in love with Wild World, still played every day until I lost it. (I'm currently trying to get my brother's back from my friend xD)
City Folk was fun and still is, but didn't nearly pull me in as much as the other two did. That was heartbreaking for me, especially with the amount of things to do in it.
Maybe I lost my motive for playing after a bit of town changing (With Homebrew) and lost my first town. Because after that, my first town Forestry (The name) was never the same...

I have high hopes and expectations for AC 3DS. Everything looks new, fresh, exciting, and brings in a Hell of a lot from Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, still my favorite to this day. The new houses, characters, customization...I can't get enough.
And I know this game won't disappoint me. As with GC and WW, I know I'm going to keep playing every day, no matter the mood I'm in. Because...it's also Animal Crossing.

I'm just going to miss the days when City Folk first came out, and we fought who's turn it was to play. Our mother then had to use a timer on us. An hour (I think) each. Now that he's a Call of Dutier (lol), it's just me. But that's okay...more Animal Crossing to myself! :D

You don't need to make a thread to express your opinion, just post on other threads info on what relates to it.

He has every right to make his own thread to discuss his opinion and feelings.

On subject, I agree. I played ACG way more than I did any of the other ones, but I found that WW was much more enjoyable for the fact that I could take it anywhere with me and the amount of content it offered was great.
The series is great, and even though it started off on home consoles, I'd prefer any more sequels to stay on handhelds.

I don't think he's advertising, he's just sharing his opinions on the upcoming game/past games.

Anyway, I agree with almost every single point - especially the part about AC truly being best-suited to handheld devices.
yeah he isnt advertising

lol srs

He has every right to make his own thread to discuss his opinion and feelings.

On subject, I agree. I played ACG way more than I did any of the other ones, but I found that WW was much more enjoyable for the fact that I could take it anywhere with me and the amount of content it offered was great.
The series is great, and even though it started off on home consoles, I'd prefer any more sequels to stay on handhelds.
this pretty much says what i want so i'll quote

Back