• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

@AnimalCrossing on Twitter have just unveiled what's on the second floor of Paradise Planning office... it's a break room where you'll be able to change your clothes and just chill out in between designing villager's holiday homes. ๐Ÿ˜

HHP.jpeg

Last edited:
I love that cabinet that's to the left of the mirror. I hope we can get that as a furniture item.
I noticed the handles are on the wrong sides. Or maybe itโ€™s the right sides in Japan?
Post automatically merged:

They arenโ€™t hinges. They donโ€™t intersect the cabinet and doors.

I noticed the handles are on the wrong sides. Or maybe itโ€™s the right sides in Japan?

They arenโ€™t hinges. They donโ€™t intersect the cabinet and doors.

Oh, no, they're not hinges or handles: they're sliding doors that slide to the left/right to access the inside of the cabinet, and the black parts are the finger holds that you use to push the doors to the side. That's a common thing in Asian furniture designs.

Oh, no, they're not hinges or handles: they're sliding doors that slide to the left/right to access the inside of the cabinet, and the black parts are the finger holds that you use to push the doors to the side. That's a common thing in Asian furniture designs.
Ohh. That makes sense. Itโ€™s a nice cabinet.

That photo implies that we might be able to use separate floorings in the same room with the partition. That would be cool if that's an option for buildings we can edit.

That photo implies that we might be able to use separate floorings in the same room with the partition. That would be cool if that's an option for buildings we can edit.
I think itโ€™s probably just for npc buildings. I could be wrong thoโ€ฆ

Pretty sure the museum uses different floor types.

Y'know, I love this update and I am happy with New Horizons, but random thought that makes sense to me.

What if instead of just Harv and some Gyroids, O.K Motors actually came over and with O.K Moterhome Market. Where buy giving them money they help upgrade the local market shops into nice homes on wheels and the services get better.

Maybe random NPCs and Villagers can be seen browsing wares from time to time and you have a possibility of getting them on your island.

But ya, Happy Home Paradise also makes a lot of sense.
I love this idea and O.K Motors is one of my fav new additions to the AC Franchise, I'd love for them to turn up in NH

I love this idea and O.K Motors is one of my fav new additions to the AC Franchise, I'd love for them to turn up in NH
Note how they said โ€œand moreโ€ in the direct. Makes me think thereโ€™ll be more npcs added into the plaza than the ones shown. So that is a possibility. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

No mention of the return of Gracie Grace and her luxury goods :(. This update is definitely what we needed though. I look forward to playing it on Friday and already preordered the dlc. I now know I'm going to need to make space to grow all the new crops on my island.

Note how they said โ€œand moreโ€ in the direct. Makes me think thereโ€™ll be more npcs added into the plaza than the ones shown. So that is a possibility. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
No mention of the return of Gracie Grace and her luxury goods :(. This update is definitely what we needed though. I look forward to playing it on Friday and already preordered the dlc. I now know I'm going to need to make space to grow all the new crops on my island.
Donโ€™t lose hope yet! She could be in the plaza. But donโ€™t have them too high either, if it doesnโ€™t happen.

was it confirmed what time we can play the update?

No, but the updates usually release for everyone at the same time, which is about 11am in Japan. For me, that would be about 9PM CDT on November 4th.

No, but the updates usually release for everyone at the same time, which is about 11am in Japan. For me, that would be about 9PM CDT on November 4th.

thanks! so it would be around 10PM EDT for me.

Last edited:

This is an incredibly optimistic take, overtly so, I'm afraid.

What they said in the Direct was something like "You will experience the new content in ways we haven't talked about here". That is a very vague, flowery wording and doesn't give me a lot of confidence about features they haven't talked about. Maybe I'm wrong. But I just wouldn't get my hopes up.

This is an incredibly optimistic take, overtly so, I'm afraid.

What they said in the Direct was something like "You will experience the new content in ways we haven't talked about here". That is a very vague, flowery wording and doesn't give me a lot of confidence about features they haven't talked about. Maybe I'm wrong. But I just wouldn't get my hopes up.
No I meant in the plaza segment. Not the overall direct.

Sorry I shouldโ€™ve specified

Well, I'm afraid that's even less open-ended. They never gave any kind of general statements in that section to give any hope. They said you can bring the special visitors that have been visiting your island to Harv's island (which is pretty specifically referring to the visitors that are present in the game). When they showed Tortimer and Katrina it was very much presented in a way that didn't hint toward there possibly being others not shown. There were no kinda statements to allude to the possibility of there being more, just "here's Katrina!"

I mean, I wish there were more, but I just don't think there's reason to get our hopes up much.

Well, I'm afraid that's even less open-ended. They never gave any kind of general statements in that section to give any hope. They said you can bring the special visitors that have been visiting your island to Harv's island (which is pretty specifically referring to the visitors that are present in the game). When they showed Tortimer and Katrina it was very much presented in a way that didn't hint toward there possibly being others not shown. There were no kinda statements to allude to the possibility of there being more, just "here's Katrina!"

I mean, I wish there were more, but I just don't think there's reason to get our hopes up much.
Theyโ€™ll probably add at least one more.

Can anyone confirm if the update will technically drop for us early on Thursday at 8:30 pm for people in CST U.S.?

Back